Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Scripting MS Entourage 2008 Configuration

We are getting ready to move away from Apple Mail as our mail client and onto Entourage 2008. We are making this move to take advantage of Kerio’scalendar (we are getting away from Meeting Maker). However, now I need toconfigure Entourage for 90 user...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS user reporting user as admin dscl says no?

everyone, So a user has a true flag under their account in the JSS for the inventory of that machine, I will just copy/paste an example, sorry if it doesn't format correctly. User in the JSS shows this: Username Real Name UID Home Directory Home Dire...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd Packages

I created a quickadd package using Recon - no special SSH restrictions or anything...which creates a new account. I can execute policies and such, so it does appear to be working, and I can login remotely via SSH, but cannot login to the OS (GUI) or ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

hidden account is inaccessible?

I created a hidden account using casper:sudo jamf createAccount -username macadmin -realname Mac Admin - password temppassword -home /Library/IT/macadmin/ -admin -hiddenUser ...the account and its directory appear to be created correctly, but I canno...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

InstaDMG & Casper postmortem

Hi all, I thought I'd share some thoughts after exploring InstaDMG. I assume thatthose of you who are familiar with both Casper and InstaDMG will probablyagree, the two tools have a certain similarity in approach to the problem ofimaging. There was s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Control

Maybe a dumb question...Is there anyway a client can either be prompted to accept remote desktop or to see that someone is viewing/controlling them? I thought the Apple binoculars would reflect this but it doesn't appear to... j--Jared NicholsISD Inf...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot and casper

Ok I did this in the past and for the life of me I cannot remember how. I am trying to create a netboot image. It will then autolaunch the Casper Imaging tool by placing it in my startup items of the netboot image. I got it all worked out up until......  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper and One to One

Hello Everyone, I am going to throw this question out here and see if anyone isinterested. I work for a small K-12 school district in Park City, Utah. Weare looking at doing a one to one project starting in a year. We currentlyuse Casper for our lapt...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Feature request] jamf mount -fileserver

I'm writing a simple script to use the silent install switch with Adobe CS4and would prefer to run the Setup application from a disk image on a server. We have about a dozen servers in as many locations and I'd like the scriptto be smart enough to co...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to make PKG run at reboot

I was under the impression that if I put a pkg installer in a config that it would run at reboot but apparently I'm wrong about that. Does anyone know of a way to do this. I know I can create a custom trigger and a policy that will do the install, bu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Report

Hi all, I am trying to audit of all of my machines to gather MAC addresses for both ethernet and airport. So far I can only seem to pull ethernet addresses in my reports. I figure I must be missing something. Any ideas? Ron PrueTechnical ServicesNoah...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Offsite backup for Macs

Hi All, I was wondering if you all could suggest a good off-site backup solution forMacs. Are any of you using an off-site solution? Have a great Thanksgiving! Thanks, Gary -- Gary CollierIT AnalystQuestex Media GroupSanta Ana, CA714-338-6762 www.que...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CasperShare permissions

Hi- What are the proper permissions for the CasperShare? I'm getting the attached error and want to set them straight.Thanks!--Jared NicholsISD Infrastructure and Operations - Desktop EngineeringMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood St.Lexington, MA 02420-9...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script help

Hi- What's the best way to have a machine report its DAT anti-virus level? We use McAfee VirusScan 8.6.1, which stores its dats in /usr/local/vscanx/dats All I really need is an "ls" on that folder as the folders contained within "dats" are the dat l...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer installs

Hi- I made printer installations self-serviceable and it looks all well and good, but it's taking FOREVER to install a printer...I've tried it on 3 machines and I finally give up after 10 minutes. I figure I must be doing something wrong...--Jared Ni...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin Configs

Is there a way to make a configuration "inactive"?? I want to keep a configuration but not allow any one to use, in fact I dont even want it showing up in the Casper Imaging app. Any bright ideas?? *Please note my phone numbers and email address have...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging an account

Hey all,Since Leopard uses flat files for accounts, I was wondering if anyone hashad any luck in creating accounts on Leopard boxes via a package or script. I'd be eager to see what anyone might be doing with this. -Miles  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Receipts

Hi- What exactly does Casper look for in regard to receipts? Should it list everything that's in /Library/Receipts? I have one machine in particular, I wanted to check if a piece of software was installed (our own internal package that just modifies ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permission problems when using FUT

Hey Guys When I deploy settings for the user specifically (system preference settingseg screensaver etc) and the machine is at the login screen. The preferencefiles will be added to the users preference folder but all the permissionsare wrong, the se...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart static groups

Is there a way to have a "static smart group?" Basically, I'm looking for a blend of a static and smart group. I have a group of 10 machines or so that I'm calling my "beta testing" group so I can try deployments and management out on them. I'd like ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script keeps deleting

Hi All- I have a script that I run for post-Office installation set in my office self service policy. Every few days, when I open Casper Admin, it's been deleted and appears in red "missing." If I go to the CasperShare mount in the scripts folder, su...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Binding Issues with 10.5

Is anyone having AD binding issues with the 10.5 migration? We have a number of laptops and workstations that need to be unbound and rebound consistently. Apple is working on the issue as an escalated ticket but I am not sure if it is just us or a pl...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS4 Anyone?

I am starting to test CS4 and starting to look at deployment. I thought Ihad seen something from someone on the list about CS4, but I didn’t find it.Has anyone tried pushing CS4 with Casper, and if so how? I tried using thebuilt in method, but Casper...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Name is not populating when imaging

Hi Folks! I am testing InstaDMG as a means of creating our base Mac OS X 10.5 image.Currently, I have it creating a fully patched 10.5.5 image and that image isin both our production Casper 5.13 system as well as our testing Casper 6.01system. This 1...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nav scripts

I am trying out the scripts that came with the resource kit. I am veryhappy to have them. I am getting good feed back with the nav scan sayinghow many files where scan and if it found infected files and it shows up inthe policy log. Not getting any t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Target="_blank"

Has anyone tried to open up a new web page from within Self Service? Is target="_blank" possible from inside Self Service to open a new browser window? Jeffrey A. StraussDepartment of Educational TechnologySystems AdministratorLoyola High School of L...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Percentage complete in Casper Remote?

Sometimes when we are installing packages in Casper Remote, we will see a percentage install (ex: "24% installed Office2004.dmg"). But not all the time. Does anybody know what the requirements are for this? The biggest complaint from all of my fellow...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting help - Issue Solved

Happy to say problem solved. Wrong permissions! Not sure how this happened.Usually create my scripts in TextEdit and they typically default to 644 forpermissions. After creating the script I ran chmod +x which should change itto 755. My script was se...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors