Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

weird JSS behavior

So, new JSS. 8gigs of RAM, dual quad-core xeons, and I am getting some weird things with it. For one, it seems to not be remembering my settings to Tomcat. I set it to run in 64-bit mode and gave it 4gigs of RAM and for some reason it doesn't save th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

run script as different user?

Casper can run scripts against your box, but it does so as a root user - what if I want to run the script as a different user, such as the one who is logged in - without prompting for a password (like su-)? Thanks,j  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS3 woes

OK, so I never ran into this last year deploying CS3 and if I did I totally forgot how I fixed it. Error: The payloads directory does not exist at the specified base path (/Volumes/Adobe CS3 Design Premium)Closing package...Unmounting file server... ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

time stamp error message and server load balancing

So, I ran across something very strange about 5 minutes ago. I have a CS3 package built and ready to be tested before I deploy it. So I a using Casper Remote to push out the package manually to see if it works, and well an error occurred and I was re...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

new servers

So, I have 6 new servers set up and I have everything set up properly. The share point ACLs for my read only and read/write casper users, my packages, propagated permissions, and I can mount the share point in the finder on any mac by afp://domain.co...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

fixDocks does not fix?

Hi all, Just tried to use the jamf binary "fixDocks" verb to remove question marks for apps that don't exist in a particular set of machines. It doesn't appear to work. Anybody using this with success? Is there a trick to it? http://jamfsoftware.com/...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS3 upgrades

I have an upgrade disk of CS 3. It has an application DVD and an upgrade DVD. How would I go about creating a new up to date CS 3 deployable image? I have users pestering me for it already I found this on the old youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

wierd JSS error

anyone seen this before? Sending Wake On LAN command...Opening SSH Connection to 10.160.75.15...Authenticating...Successfully authenticated.Verifying Computer's Identity...The MAC Address has been verified.Checking Operating System Version...Running ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Leopard tips and tricks for MCX

Gang, After a marathon few weeks, I have finished the first edition of the Leopard Tips and Tricks for MCX document. It is posted in the Public folder of my iDisk (johnd) in the "Latest Tips" folder. The pdf is about 9MB in size, and yes, please pass...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FYI: self service command to reboot into boot camp

So, after almost pulling my hair out trying to make a self service policy that will force a reboot into windows, I finally found the answer. At first I tried just having Casper set the boot volume to the boot camp partition, that did not work. JAMF s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade to 6.0 now tomcat will not start

Hi all, We have just upgraded to version 6.0 and now we cannot get Tomcat started. In the JSS setup utility it says that my Database Schema is 6.0, my SQL version is 5.0.45, and that my Tomcat version is unavailable . All other services are running f...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open Directory binding

Can someone point me in the right direction for pushing/automating Open Directory binding with Casper Remote or policy? I'm thinking it will be dscl commands on 10.5, but will that work for 10.4? We need to remove current OD bindings from clients and...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permissions On Casper share point

I've read (and heard) in the past that the permissions on the Casper package share pointsneed to be set with "Others" having read only permissions. This appears to be needed in our caseas the Casper share points are on the same server that is running...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Cisco VPN issues

Hi, Sorry about the last post for some reason sent from one of the otheraccounts I have running. I have packaged Cisco VPN using composer and uploaded the package to theJSS. When I deploy via either HTTP or AFP it downloads or mounts thepackage but d...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

migrating JSS to new server - tip

Just double check that your distribution point is created and permissionedcorrectly after the move, especially if your JSS is also a distributionshare. I recently moved from a G5 Desktop to a Intel Xserve. The process went sosmoothly that I felt I ha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

migrating JSS to new server

So, I got my new servers in and want to migrate my JSS to my new awesome intel xeon xserve. I am exporting the MySQL database now. When I set up the JSS at home for when I want to take my work home I just installed JSS with the setup utility and then...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Policy Descriptions

Hi All, Just a quick question, I am trying to add a lengthy description to asoftware deploy that I am making available via self service. The description is just plain text but I need carriage returns and linewraps in it to make it readable however wh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 6 Speed

We recently upgraded to Casper version 6, and I have noticed that copy filesto Casper Admin as well as saving appears to take about 3-4 times as long asit used to. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? Thanks... Tim  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Store on JSS setting won't stick

For some reason the setting 'Store on JSS' isn't sticking I have been going to Inventory, search for computers and then individually edit their autorun data.Other settings in here such as 'Run Automatically' are being saving but if I tick Store on JS...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

enable root account via casper policy?

So, Well I thought it would be a good idea to not enable the root account since there was no practical or real use for it. Now, there is a practical use for it, mainly with students (since I am in edu) and AUP violations. Is there a way to enable it ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to reset DNS for JSS?

I can't seem to find this anywhere... how do I reset the IP Address/DNSfor the JSS? I originally setup the JSS to use a DNS Name, but I now needto switch it back to an IP Address for use with netbooting. Thanks,Tatian GreenleafAssociate Director of T...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2008 Template bug

Has anyone been able to put together a package to deal with the Office 2008 template bug yet? This is the bug where Word, Powerpoint, and Excel files are saved as templates when saved from a web site or from an attachment in mail. Documentation on a ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Leopard Guest Account ? [Fixed]

With the help from someone on the OS X servers list I have it figured out. You need to go to the Computers Groups tab and look atthe members section. At that point there is a button with a "..." label that if clicked on let's you browse the network a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer name won't stick

This isn't directly related to Casper, but it is a problem I'm havingafter I re-image computers. On about half of our eMacs, the Computer Name (sharing name) will notstick. I can change it in the Sharing pref panel, but after restartingthe computer, ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change jamf Helper Splash Screen

Is there a way to customize the new splash screen that shows up afterimaging a machine and installing say Adobe products? Nice touch by the way,it makes it easier to notice a machine is being imaged still instead oflooking for the jamf helper name in...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Old Xserve Hardware

Afternoon, Totally unrelated to the JSS product (although they did run it for me for along time now), but I'm drawing on the community aspect of JAMF here. I have two PowerPC Xserve G5 systems, Single 2GHz, 2GB, 3 x 80GB drives, andI'm wondering if t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Symantec Antivirus version 10

Hi All, I am a new user to Casper and had a quick query. I have packaged up Symantec Antivirus for OS X version 10. Which seems towork fine. When I deploy it though the app works fine but live update andthe scheduler fail with errors. Has anyone pack...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors