Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf App Installers Thoughts and Issues

I've been waiting for the Jamf App Installers feature for awhile now. I think it's great! Some issues though I've run into that should be addressed in the future:-Google Chrome crashes if the app installer pushes the update in the background. A user ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 8 kudos

YouTube App unavailable w/o App Store

Hello:I have a few students who are not supposed to be able to access the App Store so I've blocked it on those devices. This usually works very well. However, one of these students had a legitimate need for the YouTube app, so I temporarily unblocke...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Package Uploads Not Working

Is anyone else having an issue today with Jamf not allowing you to upload new packages? My uploads will just randomly stop uploading after a few seconds. I've left the page open for long periods of time and it is not completing. Just wondering if the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

custom ScreenSaver issue

Hello,First of all my setup:Jamf Pro cloud 10.37.2MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 on i9 2019 MBPI received from the Marketing team a screensaver. I need to deploy this .saver to macOS devices. So:1. I'm deploying it as DMG to ~/Library/Screen Savers/MovieSaver...  View more

akurpioseuvic_0-1649770696971.png
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service

Hey guys just curious to know what do you offer to install/use from Self Service .. need some inspiration.Thanks in advanced  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi - configuration

Hi All,Hope someone can share on how they have configured the WIFI settings.So for our windows based devices, we are using device based authentication + certificate. We are using cisco tech for our networking. I'm not exactly sure how to accomplished...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Current User as Admin

Hi, I want to remove the current login user as admin and I tried this command and it seems not to working. #!/bin/bash/usr/sbin/dseditgroup -o edit -d "$currentUser" -t user admin is anyone can help me with this?Thank you  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable MFA for Jamf Self service

Hello EveryoneHas anyone configured MFA for Jamf Self service?, we would like to enable MFA when users log into Self service and leverage Azure AD MFA, if anyone has implemented this before and can provide some guidance or step by step doc, I'd reall...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where do self-service buttons appear?

I have worked my way through this blog post (https://www.jamf.com/blog/reinstall-a-clean-macos-with-one-button/) detailing how to set up a macbook for a one-button clean install. The end results is supposed to be a self-service button that says "Eras...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management: App Updates + OS Updates

Hi guys, Can someone enlightening me on their thoughts on using Patch Management on Jamf Pro and their success stories? I been testing it locally on some machines as a forced push and it works great but I noticed when I make it for self service, I ne...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monitor software update download Status

Hello,Is there any way to know if a macOS software update is ready to be installed ? Ready as, Downloaded. My current problem is this:I created a script that prompt users (based on the "Number of available updates" criteria) whether they want to appl...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

LastPassword Change report is not updated in Jamf

HiI have run a script with an extension attribute in order to collect last user password change.Jamf is able to get the requested information only for 50% of the fleet.Why last pwd change is not getting up to Jamf for the rest of users ?Tests:Network...  View more

script.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deny System extension

Is there a way to Deny/Block below system extension for cisco anyconnect client. Want that this extension is auto denied/blocked Configuration profile payload only has options to allow system extensions or approved kernel extension.My need is to bloc...  View more

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 2.24.15 PM.png
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

S.U.P.E.R.M.A.N.

This is great did some initial testing with S.U.P.E.R.M.A.N | Jamf Pro on a couple of Intel devices one running Big Sur and one with Monterey both are now fully patched thanks to Kevin M White and @HCSTechnology post on it.https://github.com/Macjutsu...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 3 kudos

New with JAMF

Hi all,I just discovered JAMF and I'm interested to use it for one of my customer.this customer have a dozen of iPhones and I'm looking for a solution to manage them and JAMF seems to me to be the right solution. Actually, each iPhone is managed with...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-stage Enrollment broken after ABM update?

I just discovered in the last few days that my MacBooks are not doing pre-stage enrollment. I cannot say for sure but I believe this might coincide with the latest ABM upgrade Apple did but I can't confirm that. I redid our Automated device enrollmen...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrolling a Virtual Machine in Jamf Pro

Hi all-Been awhile since I've been round these parts. Trying to work out a scenario for a customer and I'm having a heck of a time getting a VM properly enrolled into Jamf Pro. I thought I was doing all the magic things needed, but perhaps missed som...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Firewall ports via script???

Hey folks...A developer of ours is creating a "Linux based web app" and needs some specific ports open. As there is no app / bundle ID associated with this web app so as to allow connections via the GUI, does anyone know how to open ports on the Mac'...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto admin privileges to users

Hello guys, we need to push admin privileges automatically for all users on macbook. Perfect would be if any new user who will log in to macbook using active directory credentials will have admin privileges from start. I know about "make me admin" an...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

InTune Registration

Hi Everyone, how do you get your users to Enrol in to InTune? I have all the correct apps set up, but it still requires the user to go into Self Service and click on "Register in InTune" and follow the steps, and today when the infosec team enabled c...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch all computers

Our Security team is complaining that we have many devices not patched with Latest MacOS updates and are vulnerable for exploit, this report is generated from Windows Defender antivirus console, is there a way we can create some policy or smart compu...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very specific, detailed permissions

I know there have been many questions about permissions, but I promise this one is different. I have a media teacher who saves video to a file share and has her students access them from there. She is requesting a much more detailed permissions setti...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud Outage?

Did anyone else experience an outage with Jamf Cloud, making their jamf url error out from mid afternoon yesterday until this morning? We're still dealing with the issues that seem like ramifications of this event today and there's been no mention of...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

MakeMeAnAdmin Extended Duration

Hi I am trying to get MakeMeAnAdmin to extend longer than the 30 minutes but can't seem to figure it out. I tried to change the below to 14400 and that did not change anything.sudo defaults write /Library/LaunchDaemons/removeAdmin.plist StartInterval...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors