Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Extension Attribut for XProtect version

does anyone have a working EA for getting the XProtect version? Looks like the previous one i used only worked up to macOS CatalinaVERSION=$( defaults read "/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/XProtect.meta" Version ) I'm...  View more

today.JPG
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sending commands to a passcode locked ipad

I am new to Jamf but not apple products.I have a student that has brought their ipad in to me. The passcode was forgotten.We try the last known passcode and get locked out. I assume we are connecting to the network after the passcode is accepted. How...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom User Agent

I am trying to set a custom user agent script to force safari to set itself in a customer way.The current code that I am attempting to run in terminal on an intel based Macbook Pro running Big Sur is:defaults write com.apple.Safari setCustomUserAgent...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy SEP 14.3.5

How is everyone deploying their SEP for lab computers?I created all of the System Extensions and no pop ups except for the Allow/ Don't allow option for SEP Filter Network Content.How do I get rid of this message?            View more

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.03.11 AM.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service app version mismatch

Anyone having issues with self service appversion updates? example -Logic x version 10.6.3 is installed on the machines via macstore/vpp. the latest version comes out (10.7.2) and we make it available in the self service. it appears on self service b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Capture One Pro 22 - Patchmanagement

Hi all, I am currently trying to update the software "CaptureOne 22" into patch management via our Jamf Pro. Have you already managed to do this? Unfortunately I can't find Capture One as a "patch profile" in Jamf either.Thanks in advance  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whats the policy priority of Jamf PRO?

Hi Im working on Jamf cloud server enviroment.We are distributing a S/W PKG through the Policy.And sometime these packaging policies are have failed with PKG error.these PKG are clean and already have been tested.I coudn't find a specific reason.But ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe universal installer

Hi all,I'm preparing to add Monterey MacOS and MacBook's with M1 chips to our environment. I'm beginning the packaging process for Adobe Silicon products using Adobe Admin Console. The packages will then go to Jamf Admin to Jamf Pro Cloud. Has anyone...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

New to MacOS How do I add Apps

I'm used to the Mobile devices, but not the MacOS. I Enrolled the device, but I can't find Self Service on the laptop. Is there a step by step guide to taking a mac laptop, adding it to JAMF, (already done but not completely i guess) and adding purch...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue running script from policy

Hey All - I'm running into a weird issue where during testing, I had my upgrade workflow to get our computers upgraded to the newest version of Monterey via a pkg file. All went perfectly during testing. However, when I pushed it live this morning, a...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstaller Script Requires Root Password

Hi We are trying to put together a silent uninstaller for out BItDefender endpoints. The command requires a --password flag which we don't want to be pushing our Jamf management account password over plaintext in this command. I am trying to put toge...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Window configuration profile not working

Hey folks,I've got some weird behaviour impacting random users enrolled in our Jamf MDM.I have a configuration profile enforcing some Login Window settings, namely "Login prompt: List of users" (as opposed to "name and password text fields". This con...  View more

loginconfigprofile.png Loginoptions.png
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azul Vulnerability in Jetbrains apps

We are using Rapid 7 for Vulnerability scanning in our environment, and we are seeing a lot of "Vulnerability in the Oracle Java SE Hotspot component" vulns pop up pointing to some jar files inside Jetbrains apps/folders. The listed resolution is to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Migrating from MSP's Jamf to self-managed

Hi all. We've decided to part ways with a provider that managed our devices. We recently finished with the enrollment process for this provider. Before the account is officially closed, is there anything we need to do? Before we agreed to the provide...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking a stolen computer - Prey

For stolen computers I used to push out Prey and I'd be able to get location, screen shot, camera shot. The location is always sketchy in terms of being able to actually track a computer, but the web cam pictures and the screenshots were great in ter...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

force allow specific application permissions

I have an IOS application we are about to deploy through JAMF Pro. the app vendor would like for me to force allow permissions that their application prompts for on first use:allow notifications from appallow app to use locationallow app to use Bluet...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari Homepage in 15.x

Used to have a config profile created in Profile Creator for Safari homepage to open to a specific page that worked in Catalina and Big Sur, not sure the Safari version. On either macOS version, Big Sur or Monterey, that config policy doesn't work an...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deny login after X days

We are looking to restrict who can login to a device without connecting to our network to authenticate first. Currently, we are deploying Jamf connect, so that is a bigger concern over the on-prem nature of AD.The desire is that the user must login v...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy

Best Practice to implement Policies, which options are best from the following :We are planning to deploy standard policies & profiles required for device after enrollment in JAMF PROIs it best to use Recurring check-in + Once per computer for most o...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Monterey, FV2, unknown personal recovery key

Support has recently suggested that i switch with a profile payload for FV2 distribution to config profile instead.Originally this stemmed from new machines (of multiple different OS's ranging from Catalina to Monterey, not getting FV2 enabled.Long s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors