Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Query on Apple ID

This is my first post on Jamfnation :)I have couple of questions when it comes to Apple ID or Managed Apple ID 1. Max how many iOS devices i can setup with same Apple ID ? As per few articles "You can have ten devices (no more than five computers) as...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local User Profile not creating all Folders

Our Mac's are DEP and we're using NoMAD to authenticate users with AD. We've recently noticed an issue where when someone logs into a Mac where they don't have a local user profile it's not creating all of the home directory folders. It's missing the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfPro Self Service App

I have the following issue.I want to deploy the Self Service App and bought it in the Apple Business Manager.In the Settings in JamfPro I configured it to "install automatically"Now sometimes Self Service works as intended, where I can find the apps ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf lock

it has jamf but company went out of business i don't know what to do can anyone help  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Cached Policy

Hi all, Is it feasible to have individual policies that install cached installation files of programs that then will be queued off and installed via a global policy that checks in to install all cached policies on devices?Currently, I run two policie...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Azure AD, SSO, and New Device Setup

We recently migrated to Jamf Cloud and using Azure AD as our Cloud Identity Provider and Single Sign-On solution. It works well enough, but we have a weird situation. We're sticking pretty close to Microsoft's documentation on it, which can be found ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable or Turn Off S/MIME for everyone

I'm looking to Disable/turn Off SMIME to everyone via Jamf. So far the research just ended up here!!This doesn't helped,defaults read com.microsoft.Outlook DisableSMIMECompose 1End goal is that Users shouldn't use the feature at all, unfortunately we...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

“Pausing” initial Jamf Pro inventory collection

BackgroundWhile recently testing a fresh enrollment of macOS Catalina 10.15.7 to ensure we’re still making it easy for our remaining stragglers to upgrade to macOS Monterey 12, I was focusing on our client-side logs and was surprised by the number of...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nudge used for General Software Updates?

Correct me if I am wrong but Jamf does not have any way of enforcing software updates anymore correct? For example on my specific Test mac I have a couple available updates. An update to 11.6.7 and then a Safari update.From what I heard Jamf cannot e...  View more

NPUCasper_0-1656608727070.png
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome corrupting or uninstalling itself

I've had 6 of my Mac users come to me this week with this issue. The Chrome icon on the dock has a question mark. Any idea what could be causing this? I had Chrome deploying via the new Mac Apps feature but have since turned it off to see if that cou...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.40.0 Beta 2 is Now Available!

Hello Jamf Nation!We are excited to announce that Jamf Pro 10.40 Beta 2 is available! Jamf Pro 10.40 includes new features and enhancements such as: a new deployment status tab for App Installers, major improvements in Healthcare patient workflows, m...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Weird happenings.....

So i just took over the mac environment at a new company. the last guy left before I started and there was virtually no turnover. Im going through all of the policies and configurations, but I'm seeing some of the policies as scripts, but with no scr...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding a file to ~/.config

New user - I'm not sure why this seems so obtuse/non-intuitive in all this searching.I'm trying to have a single text file be added to every Mac in a specific place( ~/.config). The file is not dependent on anything weird, it's simply a .JSON file.I ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management time basis

Hi, I was searching but couldn't find a good answer for this.Patch management has the deferral option so we can push out the updates to specific scopes x days later. What does it use to determine the starting point of this? I updated a policy to the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"The MDM request is invalid" error when pushing iOS apps.

Hello,I'm trying my first go with pushing apps to iOS managed devices that are enrolled in ABM. The device shows up fine there, and I see the device managed properly in Jamf. I'm trying to automatically install Jamf Self Service app to all mobile dev...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Corporate data from BYOD Macs

Can someone tell me if its possible to remove company data only from a Mac computer when we want to unmanage a device from Jamf? the use case is if a user who has been working for the company, using their personal Mac, wants to now leave and get thei...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro, Jamf Connect, Okta

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to Jamf so I hope you can point me in the right direction. We currently have JSS setup as an SSO app in Okta for our IT admins to access. We do not however have Jamf Connect set up within our Jamf Pro environment from ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switching Jamf Cloud time zone from UTC to EST

I found where to change the timezone to EST, under my preferences, but if I change it will it change it for the server or just under my account? Trying to deploy 3rd party updates and want to use server-side limitations and it would easier if it was ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a limit of file size for PKG uploads?

We want to upload Xcode (packaged and 14GB in sixe) as part of our Patching Policy and wondering if there is a limit on the size of the PKG you can upload to Jamf Pro (cloud based instance).I've found a few posts in the past on this issue but never a...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed/UnMamanged discrepancy

I have been getting JAMF Pro deployed to some machines, many are via user initiated. Out of 20 of them we have one that I sent him the download link, installed it find, and on his machine it says managed by our company, and the profile is verified, b...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment issue with initial logon prompt

We have a couple of users where their logon isn't working when they're attempting to enroll their devices. We have it configured where once the user selects their wifi/lan connection, it'll prompt for their email and password and will continue and th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving mobile devices apps to a different site

I have a bunch of apps for iPads that are deployed to devices in a specific site but the apps don't live in that site, they are top level. If I attempt to move the apps over to the designated site, they lose their licenses, likely because the purchas...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Another 3rd Party package deployment question

I created 6 smart groups for devices missing specific software. I then created 6 Policies and set the scrope to the smart groups. These are all updating via Installomator script. We have an office in San Diego and Fort Mill, SC. I set the client side...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors