Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.43.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro.Jamf Pro 10.43.1 fixes the following product issue:[PI110938] Jamf Pro no longer sends looping InstallProfile MDM commands to computers in the scope of automated deployments for Jamf Protect.Fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Updates to Inbound/Outbound Traffic with Jamf Cloud

As a follow-up to a recent post regarding some additional IP address that have been included in the Outbound traffic from Jamf Cloud, below is a list of the Outbound IP Address that have been added. For a complete list, please see the “Permitting Inb...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43 Now Available

Update 31 January 2023: Today we released 10.43.1. Full details, including the Cloud Upgrade schedule, are posted here. Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.43. Highlights of this release include: Conditional Access Registration Improvements The proces...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Distribution Points - JAMF Cloud hosted

We recently moved the Cloud hosting with JAMF. I am having issues where my policies immediately go to local DPs instead of the JCDS when the computer is off our local LANs. I have all of my network segments set to go to the local DPs. When not on the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS App Store Questions

I've seen other posts about moving away from O365 mac app store apps, but have some questions I didn't see answered. Like others, we tried to push O365 via app store and it hasn't worked as advertised. A lot of vpp error 72 time out issues when deplo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Self Service Not Updating

We have 101 devices and I just verified with a smart group that 17 of them have outdated versions of self service including my daily driver which is stuck at 10.14. I can't seem to find a way to update these and was wondering if this is normal?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find My Mac removal?

So--we have 'Prevent user from enabling Activation Lock' checked in our enrollment and it seems to be working since we've stopped having issues with our users "claiming" their Macs and having to contact Apple to get them removed. But it seems like th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

iPads stopped communicating with JSS all at once

We have about 130 iPads in or org. enrolled via pre-stage enrollment. Many of these iPads have not been in use as they are issued to traveling sales members who have not been traveling due to Covid. Recently we have been trying to make sure all devic...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin prompts when running an uninstall

I've had a policy in Self Service with a script to uninstall Code42 CrashPlan, the script simply called /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/Uninstall.app and it would uninstall, even for non-admin users. Now today I am getting prompted to enter ad...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

(Tutorial) FortiClient 6.4.x Deploy with config

Hello, I have seen that the FortiClient is causing difficulties for some users. However, I have just been able to create a relatively simple solution with which the config files can also be made to work by default. My requirements: macOS 11.2.3 (inte...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 3 kudos

GMetrix Adobe In-App Exercises

Any one dealing with GMetrix plugins for Adobe and non-admin users? Currently, installing GMetrix plugins requires admin rights on the computer and GMetrix states that they do not have an IT package available that installs all of the required compone...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management Account Password

I just updated our JamfPro instance to the latest version. After the update, I was given a recommendation from the system to use randomized password instead of pre-defined password. If I were to change it from pre-defined password (current) to random...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

SCEP and Network profiles in Jamf School

HiI'm trying to setup SCEP and network profiles in Jamf School for WPA2 enterprise Wi-Fi authentication. I've got it setup so far to:1. Install and trust the root certificates2. use SCEP to get a certificate from the PKI server.3. network profile is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What are y'all's On-Prem File Share Solutions?

Our school is trying to replace an old OSX Server that's pretty much only being used to serve a handful of our staff with an on-prem fileshare. Since it's only utilized by a handful of very vocal staff we're trying to avoid replacing the old server w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

TCP Window Scaling issue when downloading files

We recently upgraded our PaloAlto firewall and are having issues downloading files on Macs. Files start out fast and then suddenly decrease on the clock to "Days" instead of "Minutes". Our security team says that it has to do with TCP Window Scaling....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Small not for profit usage case

We are looking to deploy 9 iPads to our volunteers across Australia. Many are an older demographic with limited technological knowledge. As the sole employee, I will be managing these devices (which I have never done - not really an IT person) and am...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer Helper

How can I stop Composer from asking to install the helper application every time it is opened? I'm running 10.26.1.Even though I enter admin credentials, it never seems to be happy.Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?  View more

• 18 replies
  • 2 kudos

Big Sur - Non Admin users

I was wondering if there was anybody out there who had come up with a good workflow for allowing non-admin users on Big Sur to update their computers. We are a K-12 environment with a really large fleet and having to ask an admin to enter credentials...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Profile/certificates cannot be removed after expiry

We loan out iPads, so individual schools often put their own WIfi settings on after the iPad gets to the school.In the last couple of weeks, multiple schools have rung up because they haven't been able to remove old expired profiles/certificates (whi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors