Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Rename Script issues on macOS Monterey

Hello, I am having issues with the following script that worked great as a policy for Big Sur and older OS/Macs to rename Macs, but for some reason, Macs with M1/Monterey will not execute the rename commands as a Policy Script. #!/bin/sh /usr/sbin/sc...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing computer name

Hello, I would like to change computer host and localhost name to specific values after enrollment.I need:computer name to be "name.surname"localhost name to be "name-surname.local"host name to be "name-surname"With this script I managed to change co...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos SSO Extension DSCL commands

Hello, not a direct jamf Question but i have sucessfully configured this SSO extension and working fine.However when before using the AD Plugin i was able to run dscl "/Active Directory/domain/all domains" -read /Users/user, to get an output that i r...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting on Remote Access

Hi,I have been asked to report on how many users logged into our Mac Labs. I use RealVNC and they cannot provide the information.So naturally I thought a JAMF report may be the answer. The data I need is in Computer Usage (Login event between one dat...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP apps and apple school manager

I'm having an issue with purchased apps. They are not appearing in Jamf. I refreshed content and a few of the ones I purchased showed up to deploy but the majority of others have not. I tried rebooting the jamf server as well. Is anyone else experien...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

What are you using in lieu of AD binding?

Apple's been recommending moving away from AD binding for years now, but for a variety of reasons we've still been using it. So I wanted to ask the Jamf Nation community what you're using instead of AD binding? Or if you are still binding, what's kee...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users accounts in JAMF

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to download a report about the Jamf Users & Groups from the setting( not computer/device users), or if it is possible to create a smart group with only the Jamf users in it.  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adobe CC settings, default profile

Hi FolksWe have for years copied Creative Cloud settings in particular Photoshop to the default user profile in our student labs, to apply to all users.This year we have moved the labs to 10.15 and I'm struggling to find the files that need to be cop...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Releasing Jamf license

Hi allI have a few broken Macs in the office we would like to decommission. Currently they are enrolled in Jamf but we are at our license limit so I want to remove the Jamf from them. I also want to wipe and reinstall the OS.If I wipe and reinstall t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV OS - Scripted Settings

Hi allI have a number of Apple TV devices managed by Jamf Pro which are out in the field.On the most part I can easily wipe a device and the correct Configuration Profiles are automatically picked up again once I clear any automated removal attempts....  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD Screen Sharing issue M1 Macs and Monterey

Hi All,I’ve come across a strange issue stopping me rolling out M1 MacBook Pros to our users to replace older Intel machines.I’m unable to use ARD to screen share onto an M1 Mac in these scenarios:Filevault on and Firewall onFilevault on and Firewall...  View more

• 154 replies
  • 1 kudos

Amazon S3 encryption

Hello! I saw yesterday that JN-I-16521 was listed as "Implemented." https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-16521I was thinking S3 encryption should work now but It doesn't appear to. I updated our Test Jamf instance (On Prem) to the latest version and tur...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Policy for OS Updates not seeing reboot required

I know there's quite a few different ways people have tackled macOS Updates. In the past I've general leaned into the "encourage" users camp vs trying to brute force them. I've done a number of methods all to varying degrees. This week our CSOC ident...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Creating a GUI with API

Our instance has two sites. We often have our build team assigning systems to the incorrect site or not to a site at all. What I would like to do is allow our support staff the ability to pop up a GUI that will ask them for the serial number of the s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email script to check mounted volumes at certain time

I'm looking for either bash or python script to check mounted volumes at the end of the day. I found a python email script, just need the volume check added into the script. Thanks! #!/usr/bin/python ##################################################...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policies not being triggered at startup

Hi Folks.Got my iMacs all sorted with relevant apps for Monday Morning but ran into a bit of an issue. Triggering a policy.I've set policies up to trigger at startup but for some reason, this doesn't seem to happen. I had to set a trigger for login w...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forticlient VPN Jamf Installation

Download the MacOS installer filer of the FortiClient:Open Jamf ComposerCreate a New snapshot > New and Modified Snapshot > Set package name to 'FortiClient Settings' > Next.You should see the following image in Composer when the Before Snapshot is c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos 10.3.1

Hello We recently started to prepare to upgrade from our current version of sophos to sophos intercept X everthing seems to be working, the script to remove the old version is working, new sophos intercept X package is installing. Im getting a notifi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Query users with multiple devices (MySQL)

If you're looking for additional ways to solve unique problems like I was, I highly suggest setting up a read-only account to access the JAMF database via MySQL Workbench. In my case, our databases are handled by another team and I would normally hav...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Least privileges for managed-by account

I've commenced worrying about having anonymous admin accounts on my Jamf Pro server. The account used for "Managed by" was set up as having full admin privileges and I'd like to believe that's excessive for the purpose. What is a good set of least pr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gathering User info for Mobile devices

Hello I am setting up our Jamf environment for managing phones but I noticed that it does not pass user info to JAMF after its assigned. Is there anyway to have Jamf ask for credentials or recon some sort of credentials to Jamf? we use OneLogin with ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors