Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Issues with Arctic Wolf Install

So I created a policy for Arctic Wolf like i would for another piece of software. When I tried installing it, I got the error in the attached screenshot. Anyone else get this error?  View more

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 16.30.24.png
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Chrome extension with Custom JSON configuration

Hello Jamf nation,Need some guidance in deploying a chrome extension that uses a json file for configuration. The json file has the API key and license key.The extension specifically is the Knowbe4 phish alert button. They have instructions to deploy...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attribute to track Macs with T2 chips?

I wanted to be able to have quick way of finding all of my managed Macs with a T2 chip. I made a smart group that tracks by model and it seems to work well, but I don't know if there's a way to use an extension attribute to query each system for the ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing keychain entries

We've recently been trying to get users to update passwords more regularly and with that of course, is keychain issues. I was trying to create a script to remove local wifi connections and server connections so when they accessed them, they could jus...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Admin On-Demand"

Just an FYI - I see Mosyle introduced a new feature "Admin On-Demand".https://9to5mac.com/2022/01/31/mosyle-debuts-admin-on-demand-as-a-new-way-for-it-team-to-manage-local-admin-rights-on-macos/ This might be a compelling solution. Wonder in Jamf has...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur 11.6.x software update hangs

Take a look at this article https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253598128 I'm experiencing the same thing on MANY Big Sur Macs looking for the 11.6.3 update. In the Software Update pane of System Preferences, it just sits there searching for updates...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Parent Config on MacOS

I have an on-premise install of Jamf Pro. All our students have iPads and all our teachers have both iPads and Macbook Airs. I have Jamf Teacher working just fine on the teacher iPads by adding the appropriate config to the App Configuration when sco...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question regarding JAVA and JAMF Pro

Our JAMF Pro server is on version 10.25 and I am starting the process of doing an upgrade. It currently has Java 8 and Amazon Corretto 11.0.9.12. Am I correct in assuming since it has AC 11.0.9.12 that the Java version is 11 as well and the older ver...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

The 802.1X service could not be updated

Hello, I'm seeing the error 'The 802.1X service could not be updated' in Jamf Pro on ~10% of my fleet when deploying our corp WiFi profile. The errors are spread across macOS 10.14 to current and on both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs. I've got a case ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Location Services

Is it still the case that there is no way of allowing Location Services for a specific app, for non admin users? I don’t see a PPPC option for it, and it’s been stated that this is impossible in the past. Zoom soft-phone client wants location service...  View more

• 39 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search for python2 scripts in Jamf?

So we have a nice tool to looks at packages for scripts that might have deprecated languages in them (see https://github.com/scriptingosx/pkgcheck). Has anyone created something to look at the first line of all the scripts in the JSS and report ? I a...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Reset passcode settings

Maybe I am trying to do the impossible here, but I am trying to setup up an iPad that will have multiple users using Jamf Setup/Reset, but a shared passcode. The trouble with this setup is that when the user uses Jamf Reset to clear out their session...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Third-Party Preference Panes

We are looking for a way to Restrict Third-Party Preference Panes created by Backblaze. Any suggestions?I found a way to hide it but we want to restrict it so it cannot be accessed. We use restriction payload to restrict the inbuilt Preference Panes ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Static Group Adds

Morning. Was hoping someone could provide some direction here.I created a static computer group called "Archive" to keep track of all retired computers. I imported these machines by serial number using the MUC tool. All seemed to be going well. I the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration profiles matching CIS Benchmarks?

Hi everyone!I was wondering if someone knows of a tool or repository where we can find configuration profiles that match the CIS Benchmarks for macOS. At my organization we have JAMF protect and we can see compliant/non compliant devices in regards t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

macOS Upgrade During Enrollment

Hi all, We have a fleet of Mac Minis that were left on Sierra (10.12.6) by another department. This year we're taking over these and plan to manage them via Jamf Pro, We wanted to upgrade the OS to allow us to use NoMAD. We tried to package the "Inst...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MUT issue

I've tried importing the CSV file using the updated MUT format, however it isn't transferring to JAMF.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monterey 12.2 update not installing

We have been experiencing issues with several of out managed devices which seem to be unable to successfully install the 12.2 update released this week. From what we have seen, the installer downloads and runs successfully, but after the system reboo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Changing default browser

Hi all!We are currently testing our implementation of Jamf Pro Cloud. I am trying to set Chrome as the default browser for my organization, but I cannot find the option to do that through Jamf. And anything online about this is over a few years old. ...  View more

• 39 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors