Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

What's new in the Jamf Pro 10.34 Release

Today we released Jamf Pro 10.34 which includes enhancements to the Jamf Parent and Jamf Teacher apps, updates to the Jamf Connect auto-deployment settings, and new Shared iPad session features. This release also gives IT admins the ability to select...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

Delete Old Users

Hi All,How do you delete old users that no longer have a device joined to the JSS?They are no longer enrolled at the school and have left.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2020 Super Early Bird Rate Expiring

As a reminder, this is your last chance to secure your 2020 Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) tickets at the Super Early Bird rate of $999 ($799 for education). You can purchase your ticket at a discounted rate now through Wednesday, March 11. On Th...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Setup App Installation Not Allowed

Hello everybody, I would like to set up Jamf Pro to prevent employees from installing apps. Only those from the self services are allowed. I have already deactivated the App Store, but not the Apps from the Internet. Thanks for your help  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Images in Classroom and Schoolwork

I have a working test system to add the user images to Apple Classroom, however SSL configuration is new to me and as regards photos of students security is very important.Is a self signed cert on the server hosting the photos secure enough?The photo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP distribution point error

My Google-foo is failing me today. I'm outside of my wheelhouse trying to convert our distribution points from SMB to HTTP. I've got my clients connecting successfully, but every policy is failing with Error: Package was not successfully downloaded. ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf-School : Configuration could not be downloaded

When trying to wipe and restore an ipad of my DEP. I am getting a message: "The configuration for your iPad could not be downloaded from .....""cancelled" Does anyone know what might cause this? i tryed to restore it with itunes, and i have the same ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

tvOS Joyn App

Hello everybody, Does anybody know how to block the native tvOS App "Joyn" or "Joyn - Deine Streming App"? Which bundle id do I need?Especially for the germans this would be very helpful Thanks for answers  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing "unknown servers" (SMB) to "known"

Hi folks.I can prevent the following appearing:Image stolen from forums With: defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.NetworkAuthorization AllowUnknownServers -bool YES However, is there a way to add our.server.ca (or any other we choose), to a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer pkg not install in Catalina

Hi All, Has anyone else had the issue with a .pkg created in Composer not able to install in Catalina? The package was created on a cleanskin Catalina machine using Composer but after uploading via Admin and the creating a policy it fails to install ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD CS Connector and WIFI payload

After much trial and error we have the AD CS Connector working beautifully to issue computer certificates from our Active Directory Certificate Services server. These certs are being distributed from our JAMF configuration profiles. We can't seem to ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Target with Smart Group or Standard Group?

Catalina was just approved in this environment.I had Install Mac OS Catalina.app in Restricted Software. Now that certain individual users are going to install it - Would it be better to create a Smart Group or a Standard group - where I would add th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Promote User Self-Service to Admin Elevation

Hi Everyone, I have noticed that since being on Operating System Version:10.15.3 our script to allow end users to permanently elevate themselves to an admin is no longer working. I do not have much knowledge about the script as I am taking over our s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome Extensions Whitelist

I was able to get the Google Chrome Extension Blacklist up and running without issue, and it is working great. The second I block one extension, the students move on to another, so I am hoping to do the reverse and block everything and allow just a f...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Importing data into Extension Attribute

Howdy! I know what I am trying to do is possible, but i'm strugglin. We just did a very large Zoom AV deployment - we have 100s of iPads deployed as Schedulers and Controllers for the Zoom rooms. I created a Mobile Device extension attribute to store...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Migrating to Kerberos Extension

We wish to migrate to macOS Catalina and the Kerberos SSO Extension. We have previously used AD binding. As part of manually migrating a computer, we put it in a static group called "Unbound". This group is scoped with configuration profiles for Kerb...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Cert Disappearing after Upgrading to Catalina

Hey All. I am having a strange issue with my devices. After upgrading some of my users to Catalina, there user certificates will be wiped get wiped from the machine after a reboot, or putting the device to sleep. It wipes out anything that is in the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mission Control

I need to disable "Automatically rearrange Spaces based on most recent use" in Mission Control for state assessment testing. Doesn't look like I can do this in PPPC Utility. How are you configuring this in your environment?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

STAAR Application Freezing on iOS

Has anyone else had an issue with the current STAAR Application not allowing students to login or just freezing up? We've had this on a few iPads now and it seems the only way to get the device out of the locked down application mode is to send a wip...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you manage Mac offboarding?

We have in self service one button for off-boarding process, it will erase disk and reinstall a clean macOS (https://bitbucket.org/prowarehouse-nl/erase-install/). This computer could be resigned to someone or unsubscribe definitely. In this last cas...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Asset Tag Privileges

Does anyone know which privilege, under 'Privileges' > Jamf Pro server Objects, will grant users permissions to edit the asset tag field?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributing/Scoping an older version of an app

Dear community, i have been searching the forums and found some older threads, which did not deliver a solution. We got older and newer iPads and want to have the same apps on them, in this case iMovie.I had no problem to install iMovie with Apple Co...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamfpro for developers

Hi,My company wants to start using Jamfpro because of high standards of data compliance required by our clients (healthcare, EU).So far so fair enough.I have some concerns though about how much this change will impact upon our development since we ar...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors