Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Changing default browser

Hi all!We are currently testing our implementation of Jamf Pro Cloud. I am trying to set Chrome as the default browser for my organization, but I cannot find the option to do that through Jamf. And anything online about this is over a few years old. ...  View more

• 39 replies
  • 0 kudos

Snagit 2022 Install successfully failing

So I've followed the documentation here: https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007344888-Enterprise-Install-Guidelines-for-Snagit-on-MacOSAnd I can't get this thing to install. Specifically, i'm just trying to push Snagit out to our mach...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gmetrix Adobe Plugins Capture (Solved)

Hello!I have successfully packaged, deployed, and tested the GMetrix plugins for Adobe CC 2021. This works for both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs.Using Composer:Download the GMetrixSMSe.app from their website Open composer and create/start capturing a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

JAMF Console (On-Prem) pages are blank

I am running a testing On-Prem environment with JSS Built-in Certificate Authority. Most of the console pages are blank. It shows the left side menu but nothing on the right side. It also loads the Settings page. Dashboard, Policies, Config profiles ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers not showing in scope

Hi Folks. I'm new to Jamf and having a bit of a head scratcherI've registered 6 iMac via the Apple Configurator method to make the managed by the school and when I look under prestage I can see them. When I click on computers and search for the, I ca...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing firewall exceptions on Monterey

We have a configuration profile which enables the builtin firewall for the devices. It happens from time to time that developers are testing some applications and would accidentally deny the prompt for allowing access due to various reasons. Now, in ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

renaming machines globally

Greetings,I'm looking for a way to rename my machines based on global location (UK, APAC, US, EMEA) and usernameI have a script that I inherited that is using an API but it's crapped out and I'm not sure why. I'm trying to find a way to automate this...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable new user account fingerprint prompt

I am looking for suggestions on the best way to disable the touch ID / fingerprint prompts that come up when a new user logs into a Mac for the first time. This is specifically on an iMac with the new keyboards with the fingerprint reader, I'm not su...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cert errors on https connection

when i connect to my default jamf site to login and administrator my certificate is valid and works normally. cert expires Jan 11 2023. if i try to HTTPS download from the directory i get an error that the connection is unsecure and when i view the c...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Patch Management to push out Chrome updates

I am wondering what the best solution to manage chrome browser updates through Jamf is? I would like to be able to use a patch policy to push out the update, but when the update is tied to our google chrome .pkg and pushed to my device, I perform the...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari 15.3 Standalone Installer Download Links

For anyone looking for the standalone Safari 15.3 installers for macOS Catalina or Big Sur:Catalina: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/26/22/002-55628-A_1VLDC3LHDM/pcelahb6q0fqenbfoax3wvkqk03arnx7hc/Safari15.3CatalinaAuto.pkgBig Sur: http://sw...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 5 kudos

Deploying apps to iPad keeps asking for Apple ID

We have a bunch of iPads (Nearly 100) that we've added to the MDM (some manually and some were put on there by our equipment provider) and have app licences set up on Apple School Manager. I can deploy the apps/licences through JAMF and they start to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Software Update user deferrals

Hello, I am wondering why Apple's MDM reference shows macOS MaxUserDeferrals requires macOS 10.11+, but Jamf Pro's admin guide mentions macOS 12.0+ is required for Download and allow macOS to install later with deferral? Is one of these linked refere...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacosLAPS by Joshua Miller

Hi there So this "Seems" to be most recognized LAPS for MacOS - https://github.com/joshua-d-miller/macOSLAPS Has anyone actually got this up and running? We had spends a few days so far messing with this but were not able to get it working properly, ...  View more

• 56 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors