Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Deploying apps to iPad keeps asking for Apple ID

We have a bunch of iPads (Nearly 100) that we've added to the MDM (some manually and some were put on there by our equipment provider) and have app licences set up on Apple School Manager. I can deploy the apps/licences through JAMF and they start to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Software Update user deferrals

Hello, I am wondering why Apple's MDM reference shows macOS MaxUserDeferrals requires macOS 10.11+, but Jamf Pro's admin guide mentions macOS 12.0+ is required for Download and allow macOS to install later with deferral? Is one of these linked refere...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacosLAPS by Joshua Miller

Hi there So this "Seems" to be most recognized LAPS for MacOS - https://github.com/joshua-d-miller/macOSLAPS Has anyone actually got this up and running? We had spends a few days so far messing with this but were not able to get it working properly, ...  View more

• 56 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro VPP Server Token Renewal

Hi We are running into issues installing app store apps and I think it's because our VPP server token has been revoked. I believe this token was set up in an old employee's account and I can't find where to get a new token to upload. I have checked o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launchdaemon - Any can "script guru´s" explain this

I will just try describe the overall issue, that I have spent weeks on - overall I just don´t understand why it does not workOverall goal is when user is finished pre-stage enrollment and seing the desktop, that right away the policies are executed. ...  View more

jameson_0-1643203392356.png
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro | Snipe-IT

I'm trying to setup the Jamf Pro | Snipe-IT to pull inventory information using Jamf2Snipe https://github.com/ParadoxGuitarist/jamf2snipe/I have a Docker image running with Snipe-IT but when I run Snipe2Jamf dryrun I get the follow error;python jamf2...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS 12.0.1 to 12.1 fails to install

Have others seen an increase in macOS 12.1 upgrades from 12.0.1 failing starting within the last week or thereabouts? I've had at least eight cases across Intel, Intel/T2 and Apple Silicon where the update is attempted, performs, and then loads to th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autonomous Single App Mode - Apple TV

Anybody got this to work. When I set it up my Apple TVs fail to take the profile with "The field “Identifier” contains an invalid value." as an errorIn the configuration profile I have to populate the Bundle ID manually which I find strange.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users being demoted when updating to 12.1

Jamf support has been nothing but useless the last week regarding the issue that all users who update from 12.0.x to 12.1 are being demoted from Local Admin to Standard User.Anyone any clue why this is and how to prevent it?Nothing has changed on our...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change accounts from Mobile to Standard with no AD bind

Hi All-A few moving parts in this that I thought I would open for suggestions, experience.We are migrating out AD forest...the whole thing...to a whole new AD forest and domain.As part of this project I would like to no longer bind our Macs to AD, us...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Sharing and Remote Management in a Profile

"kickstart" command lines on fresh Monterey machines now give us black screens on connection.Turning it off and back on in the GUI fixes the problem.Trying to figure out how to use a Profile instead of command lines but ProfileCreator has no Sharing ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Admin - Failing to upload pkgs.

Good Afternoon,I've opened a support case with JAMF but haven't heard anything so I thought I'd try here until I do.We're running JAMF 10.35.x and are unable to upload any pkgs to the cloud with JAMF Admin. The error is as follows: There was a proble...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking to script making all Standard users Admin

Unable to find an adequate script to make all Standard users Administrators. I am new to scripting and have only been able to find a script that does it temporarily and reverts the account back to standard.This is what I have found so far.https://git...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monterey v12.1 update not available

Hey folks...We are not blocking any software updates, yet we have a handful of Monterey Macs running 12.0.1 which are saying they are up to date, and not even giving the option to install 12.1. Has anyone seem something similar and know how to fix? A...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 11.38.39 AM.png
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf-Intune Co-Existence Thoughts

I was wondering what people thought about the current state of Jamf - Intune Co-existence, having the device managed by Jamf but sending inventory info and compliance for CA to Intune? Our grand plan is to have the M365 suite accessible off VPN by ut...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Account local with Active Directory

Hello,Excuse my aproximative English in advance.I set up the creation of the local account using JAMFCONNECT and our Azure AD. So I have my local federated account with my Azure AD account.We have on our IS printing spools managed by WATCHHDOC.WATCHD...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile - Cisco Anyconnect - Custom Schema

Hi All,I am curious if its possible to create a configuration profile using custom schema to modify the profile.xml settings?I know we can package it with installer etc and that's what I am doing but i want to know if there is an easier way to update...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf pro unable to read .pfx cert

Hi I have a .PFX certificate with a password its to use with our anyconnect vpn. When I try uploading to Jamf is says its unable to read and when I try to manually add it on a Mac is says invalid password even though the password is correct. I tried ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cylance v3 on MacOS 12.1

Hi guys I've been having some issues getting Cylance installed through Jamf Pro.My policy was installing fine on previous OS versions, but I can't seem to get the policy working again with the latest Cylance version, which is needed to run on MacOS 1...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upload Files - Policy/Script

Hello Everyone,I need your support on something. we want to receive a file that we know the name of a users desktop remotely with a policy (Policy/Script). is there any way you can suggest us about this? Thanks in advance to everyone for their sugges...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office mac 2021 from https://macadmins.software/

Does anyone grab the Office VL installers from the following site = https://macadmins.software/based on what i see Office 2019/2021 use the same installer 16.57.0 ?but different Volume License serializer depending on what version you are licensing? s...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors