Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Creating a pkg installer for ArchiCAD using Composer

Hi, I'm Andy.I finally figured out how to do this.So if there are other Archicad Users out there... enjoy! Just thought I would share this since I couldn't find any posts on how to do it. I will be using Composer & Archicad 25 Full Installer 4013 for...  View more

935d8396461868b5d688d10d4ffdab2e-sticker.png Mar-31-2022 14-30-22.gif Mar-31-2022 14-30-46.gif Mar-31-2022 14-31-39.gif
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Spring4Shell Vulnerability

SpringShell: Spring Core RCE 0-day VulnerabilityUPDATE: 4/2Thank you for your patience as we continued to monitor and work through the Spring Framework vulnerability. Jamf Pro 10.37.2, which includes the patched version of the spring framework, is no...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 14 kudos

Restart Computer After X Days of Uptime

I am trying to find a way to create a policy that will restart a computer after it's been up for X number of days. I don't want it to force a reboot instantly though. I want the user to have the option to postpone it 2 or 3 times until it forces. Has...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Meet Screen sharing fails

Well I am not sure this is even possible to do, but here goes...Update Macs to OSX 12.3, and Google Meet screensharing has broken.I have a PPPC configuration set up to allow non admins to be able to authorise screensharing, all they have to do is go ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Touch Bar Config - Quick Question

G'day everyone!I'm hoping anyone out there with access a touch bar macbook can clarify something for me. I need clarification on what the default selection option is for the "Touch bar shows" option in System Preferences -> Keyboard.I'm troubleshooti...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles not pushing to macOS devices

I’m having a strange issue that started within the last week or so. Some laptops are not receiving some configuration profiles. Two profiles in particular (maybe more but this is the first I have noticed), and not every laptop is affected. One is for...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

saving a script causing error 403 access denied

At one point, I was able to create, edit, save Scripts in Jamf Pro using my Standard User account that had Full Access/Administrator. I am now using my LDAP User account that also has Full Access/Administrator. Now the LDAP account and my Standard Us...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate/Script for Building / Department

Looking for a way to use a script, or some other method, to bulk set the Building & Department for IOS devices. I have 440 iPads being delivered in a couple of weeks going to 5 buildings scattered throughout the state. Thank you.Kevin Sinclair  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Webex (Teams chat) screen sharing

We had uploaded the ScreenRecording Privacy Preferences Config Profile from Github and it is working on everyone we have enrolled except one user. When he tries to share his screen through Webex (Teams chat) it says to open system prefs to allow it- ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Authenticated restart with OS update

Hello!I'm trying to perform an OS update without user interaction (no login during OS installation restarts), the update process is defined with a policy with a linked script running JamfHelper and softwareupdate commands, and everything is working f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

UNC path Home Drive on Favorites Bar

Hi, Looking at adding the default share that Jamf Creates from AD to the favorite bar, main reason is I have locked down the macs so people cant save to the desktop or local documents so need to add something else as a option. I can just make a share...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

A slow login after enabling FileVault

I have a user experiencing a much slower login after enabling FileVault on her computer, while all other users are fine. Has anyone seen something like that and know how to get rid of this issue?Thank you!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Finder Extensions in MDM Profile

Hey guys,for an MacOS App we want to provide a MDM to enable the use of the finder extension.Currently the app still requires user actions in the setting. System Preferences --> Extensions --> Finder Extensions Currently the PayloadContent of my prof...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 200

Hi Guys,I am looking to do my JAMF 200 in a week and a half and was just wondering if there’s any extra content that can be shared outside the 4 days of training, I struggle to do tests and I just want to make sure I’m extra prepared before I take th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is Jamf Pro affected by SpringShell vulnerability?

Hi! Today, a RCE 0-day vulnerability was discovered in SpringShell: https://www.cyberkendra.com/2022/03/springshell-rce-0-day-vulnerability.htmlIt seems like Jamf is using the Spring framework /usr/local/jss/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/spring-bea...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing email accounts within Mail.app

Anyone know of a way we can manage the Mail.app on our Intel and M1 Macbooks? We use Gmail as our email system and would like to see if we can restrict Mail.app to only allow Google accounts, or only allow 1 account total. Currently, we have it block...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Intune to Jamf. MDM server token

Hello,We are in the process of moving our apple devices from Intune to Jamf. Obviously we want to test it out on a few devices at a time before a full rollout, but apparently you cannot download a second mdm server token from Apple Business Manager. ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run or execute or launch a script immediately

This might be an easy answer, but my searching isn't giving me helpful informationHow do I get a script or any remote command to execute when I want to? Like, issuing specific remote execution. i know this is something that most security practices tr...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil script revised for Monterey

With Python not being automatically installed as part of Monterey, the old script to adjust the dock once dockutil is installed doesn't work as written. Here is a sample of a script that has been revised to work with Monterey and dockutil 3.0.2 #!/bi...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 3 kudos

No Safari in Software Updates

Hello,We have noticed that on several computers that don't have the latest version of Safari, when we run the "softwareupdate -l" command, Safari does not appear.For example, we have devices in BigSur with the Safari 14.0.2 version and when we do a "...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote unlock user

My organization do not use prestage enrollment for MacBook, so is there anyway to do remote unlock computer with script? It happened too frequently that users got locked out of their computers, because they do not pay attention if CapLock is on or ke...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors