Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

AD Tenant Migration & ABM Federated MAIDS?

We are preparing for an AD tenant migration of our domains into our new parent company's AD tenant. In ABM we currently have Federation configured with Microsoft Azure Active Directory for 2 domains. It is unclear if there will be any major implicati...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable right-click by default for new users in Monterey

Has anyone been able to get mice to have right-click enabled by default? We are running lab machines with new users logging in all the time and would prefer they not have to enable that for themselves each time. I have seen (and tried) various soluti...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 300 exam

Hi All,I will be taking Jamf 300 training and certification in a couple of weeks and it would be really helpful if anyone could give some tips for that.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service - Cannot reach a JAMF MDM Server

As of this week our MAC estate have started getting the above error on self service launch.Running CheckJSSConnection the connection is available. We have removed the Self Service app and both the public/private key from KeyChain. Reading the com.jam...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bearer Token, API and adding Computer to Static Group

I watched the presentation given by @chadlawson and uploaded to the Rocketman Tech channel on YouTube (https://youtu.be/6xVmJqpbEHI) over the weekend. I decided to dive in and change a script that puts a machine into a static group (credit to @sdagle...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro: Let users set their screensaver time

Hey all! Been struggling with the auto screensaver setting for a while now. Whenever i set the "start screensaver after" setting to 20 minutes in "configuration profile -> login window" nothing happens and it's still stuck to 1 minute. I want this to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Safari 15.4 Installer Download Links

For anyone who wants to put the Safari 15.4 updates for Catalina or Big Sur into Self Service:Catalina: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/38/11/002-79202-A_MMXLIHTSU2/nka279pyfdmd11tm36dds4jysecfq7b732/Safari15.4CatalinaAuto.pkgBig Sur: http:/...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 5 kudos

I've Got The Power

I've Got The Power An Extension Attribute script for Mac portable battery health: #!/bin/bash #shellcheck disable=SC2207 if ! /usr/sbin/sysctl -n hw.model | /usr/bin/grep -q -i 'book' then echo "no"; exit fi IFS=$'\n' pwrdata=($(/usr/libexec/PlistBud...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 2.43.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 2.42.12 PM.png
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

Deleting a file from User Library

I put this together and all of it's pieces work fine when run in terminal. I just cannot get it to work when running it in JAMF. The $user seems to be the issue. When I add the user directory of the test Mac it works fine but without it I get a "No s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone seeing anything weird in 12.3 with Jamf?

Hi all,Just started playing with 12.3, and noticed it breaking our Microsoft SSO (config profile) settings(granted this is in a preview/pilot), it also is seemingly keeping our jamf connect notify script from completing. I also cannot find a log of i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault 2 issue following upgrade to Monterey

First Thank you to all who post here. I am very new to this community and rely on you. Our company has file vault 2 enabled and we are trying to automate the move from Catalina to Monterey. I have been able to successfully upgrade the test machine to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy print queues using Jamf and Print Deploy

Deploy print queues using Jamf and Print DeployThis topic explains how to deploy the PaperCutPrint Deploy client to a macOS client managed by Jamf Pro .At a high level, the Print Deploy client is provided as a ‘.pkg’, deployed by Jamf that will be co...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Forgot to renew Push Notification Certificate

I forgot to renew my push certificate last Friday. Tried to go through the process several times with no luck. It looks like my serial number for the MDM is different then what is in JAMF Pro After I upload the MDM license it asks if I want to overwr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Computer Name failing

Good morning everyone!Was looking for some help. We are currently running the script below to set our computer names after our new users enroll in JAMF after pre-stage enrollment. #!/bin/bash #variables jamfURL="https://xxxxxx.jamfcloud.com" jamfUser...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 11.44.00 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 11.45.03 AM.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block installing new applications for admin users

Hello People,My first post here. I found something similar here:https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/block-installing-programs/m-p/217611#M206207 But thought that maybe it is an older post, and something new showed up in the meanwhile.We need to bl...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Canon UFR II Printer Driver in Patch Management

Hi all! Question regarding updating the Canon UFR II Printer Driver via Patch Management. If that driver is updated with Patch Management are users going to have to reinstall any existing printers that utilize it, or is it just going to update the fi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing ALF Firewall via Jamf Profile

I am migrating my workflow of managing the macOS ALF firewall from scripts/policies to Jamf MDM profiles. Found odd behavior that prevents users from making changes.Even though I have explicitly set the new ALF profile to allow users to modify ALF if...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Private browsing in Safari

Hi All,im using the Content Filter ( Built-in: Limit Adult Content ) in jamf-PRO, to prevent private browsing in Safari,it's works but has presented me with a few issues.. eg. it blocks seems to block PDF's and also works like "straight" "pollen tube...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile to Control "Universal Control"?

I have to imagine this is coming, or maybe I missed something, but I cannot find a way in JAMF Pro 10.36.1 , to stop a user from connecting an iPad via Universal Control to their computer without restricting iCloud accounts. Does anyone has anyone ha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Syntax highlighting

Did they take away syntax highlighting in 10.36? Just upgraded and can no longer view color coding in my scripts. Also, there only two options now in the Script Contents drop-down - Monokai and Ruby Blue (neither of which have highlighting).  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loginhook replacement

Using loginhook has been ideal to fire off software such as Kiosk that the user has no way of bypassing. Software will start instantly at login without delay and run as root.Looking for a replacement. Tried https://github.com/chilcote/outset but take...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Content Filter ( Built-in: Limit Adult Content )

Hi All,im using the Content Filter ( Built-in: Limit Adult Content ) in jamf-PRO, to prevent private browsing in Safari,it's works but has presented me with a few issues.. eg. it blocks seems to block PDF's and also works like "straight" "pollen tube...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors