Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

VPP Apps not Installing iPads

Is anyone having issues with apps not deploying? We have several apps not installing that we have plenty of VPP licenses for. When you try to install the app from Self Service sometimes it just spins or goes dark like it tries to install or it says "...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 4 kudos

Linking a Configuration Profile and Policy

I have an app PKG file to deploy as a Policy in Jamf Pro. The app requires a certificate be placed on the Keychain and some System Extensions be configured. I can deploy the certificate and extensions as part of a Configuration Profile. Is there a wa...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I push out a .mobileconfig file to iPads?

Long story short...the school I work for just revamped printing. Printing is handled by PaperCut. They emailed a link to download a mobileconfig file to install on the students' iPads. I really don't feel like manually installing it on 500+ devices. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re deploying system apps

Hi everyone,I am very new to Jamf and have just started setting up some of our ipads. Our current configuration profile is set up to only allow afew apps that are used, with almost all of the system installed apps not on this list and therefore hidde...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook for iOS configuration-Embed Password

Another issue I'm running into when trying to create this policy to deploy these Ipads.They all use a shared email account to send and reports back. Microsoft seems to provide information on how to configure Outlook for Ipads, but there doesn't seem ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Actually set a Pin

Is Jamf capable of actually setting a pin on an Ipad?I am managing a fleet of Ipads that are used for check ins and attendance taking. The university I work for requires the Ipads all have a pin code to use the university email, and email is needed t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating new APNs?

Hi everyone. Has anyone gone thru the steps of creating a new APNs certificate for Jamf Pro now with the "new" Jamf Nation and the Jamf Account sites? I'm having some trouble understanding how this is done now. It used to be that you would click the ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

CAPSER Apps

I am looking for the CAPSER apps that are normally under My Assets. Maybe I am missing something, but am not seeing them. (Composer, Admin, Remote....)  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manually adding machine to DEP

Hi I am an Entry level support, fairly new to DEP. Today I manually added a machine to our DEP. I accepted the MDM profile and I believe everything is good. Now can someone tell me the next step in plain English? Isn't JAMF supposed to kick in and al...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find my friends ios

Service has gone downhill past 6 months. Techs are not knowledgeable and just appear to be reading queue cards. Add insult to injury was disconnected twice with long hold times after calling back from previous incorrectly provided info today. Anyone ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OneLogin and Single-Sign-On Extensions

So apparently BigSur removed SSO Extensions, We use OneLogin as our User look up and to bind and create users when we use PreStage Enrollment. Cant find any documentation on how to setup the SSO Extension below. Anyone have any experience with the va...  View more

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 10.44.05 AM.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers Disappeared From Inventory

All of a sudden when I log in to my jamf pro cloud portal with various admin accounts I only see the first two computers that were managed by jamf and the other 70-some odd computers are no longer showing up ... what could possibly be causing this?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limiting access to web administration interface

Hi guys, We are rolling out Jamf Pro to our estate. Jamf pro itself is hosted in the cloud. As a standard security procedure, we would like to limit access to the Administration web app not only to certain users, but certain IPs. Is there any way to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEPNotify app not launching with Jamf Helper Script

This is only happening on Big Sur. When using the Jamf starter script, the DEPNotify.app never launches. The code in the script is default as follows: sudo -u "$CURRENT_USER" open -a "$DEP_NOTIFY_APP" --args -path "$DEP_NOTIFY_LOG" however it never a...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Capturing 'User and Location' inventory data at OOBE.

Hi folks,We're deploying iPads to users in our environment - We'd like to capture & populate some of the 'User and Location' inventory data. Probably just name & email address.Is there a way to do this dynamically? Say for example the user can popula...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help With Extension Attribute

Hello,I need to setup a simple extension attribute to display the installed version of Python on our MacBooks. I'm using the following script input, but the display in machine inventory for the extension attribute remains blank. What am I missing? He...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service and Apple ID

Hi All, New member here trying to setup our iPads. I'm missing the Self Service app. I have it enabled in the settings. After the iPad boots up from the initial setup it says this apple id cannot be used for purchases. I'm thinking that is stopping t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault Config Profile Not Working

Hi AllI was poking around Jamf last week, running some smart searches for an Audit when I noticed that around 100 or so of our devices are not Encrypted, despite us having a configuration profile that is supposed to force Filevault upon first logout....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer: combine PKG + XML for TeamViewer

Hey, I am currently setting up everything for the company-wide rollout of TeamViewer.For this, I am following this guide https://docs.jamf.com/10.31.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/TeamViewer_Integration.html.I am stuck at the "Deploying the TeamViewe...  View more

Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 11.03.27.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Eval Check List/Things People Tried

Hi, I'm in the process of evaluating Jamf and I've tested pre-stage enrollment, remote erase, reinstall and re-enrollment on a test machine and a few other polices plus service. I was wondering what other people have run through during their initial ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service not reachable

Hi folks, Since I updated my MacBook Air to 11.5.2, I get an error message in Self Service.Jamf Pro Server cannot be reached. Everything else seems to continue working. Does anyone else have a similar problem?I'm using Jamf Pro Cloud. Thanks in advan...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV Browser Help

Hello, we have a project where we are looking to use an Apple TV enrolled in Jamf to access a specific URL for content. I know we could deploy a specific app to get the browser working but my main concern is how do I manage the URL that the app would...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

API output not writing to to file using XSLTPROC

Here is the line to get the data i want staticGROUPusers=$( curl --user "${apiUSER}:${apiPASS}" --silent --show-error --header "Accept: text/xml" "${url}" ) I then write out a XSLT stylesheet for my needs cat << EOF > "$folderLOCATION"/stylesheet.xsl...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

TeamViewer - Integration - Remote Administration

I can create the Access Token in TeamViewer but not get it to apply in Remote Administration.TeamViewer Token Info provided by the tokenClient ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxClient secret: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEverything else is completed except for thi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packages Missing from Cloud distribution point

I sent in a support ticket about this but they're not available yet so I figured I'd post here too. We use JAMF Cloud and every single package that we had uploaded to our distribution point has disappeared. Policy logs report that the files don't exi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors