Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Startup Script and login/logout hooks functionality?

Hi all, Is anyone using these (the startup script and login/logout hooks)? We had them enabled for the longest time and we've had pretty slow reboot times of our Macs and other performance issues, so looking into Jamf I saw these but realized we don'...  View more

e692855d8c834f9aa1aec6db2b7fed08
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hide OneDrive as a save location on Office 365 apps

Have been "googling" for some time now but cannot find the right solution I think! So, this is my scenario:I am about to change from Microsoft Volume Licensing Serializer to Azure AD enabled Office 365 apps.But I would like to hide the option for Sav...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

macOSLAPS by Jamf script

There are a number of of LAPS scripts I've seen. Joshua Roskos from Jamf has one here which seems to meet our needsmacOSLAPShttps://github.com/kc9wwh/macOSLAPS Theres been a couple of minor updates for Big Sur by mjgallhttps://github.com/kc9wwh/macOS...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

deploying Big Sur

I want to use this for upgrading some clients to Big Sur.https://docs.jamf.com/technical-papers/jamf-pro/deploying-macos-upgrades/9.96/Packaging_and_Deploying_the_macOS_Installer.html While it is downloading the Big Sur PKG it is shown, but then sudd...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allowing Google Chrome Notifications

Hi guys, I'm trying to push a configuration profile to allow Google Chrome notifications, but I seem to be running into some issues. I've created a profile with the Bundle ID: com.google.Chrome but it seems like I need to add in a separate bundle ID ...  View more

93916ae6313d4cf388bf731a28e1d744
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DisplayLink and Intel Macs

The current app for Display link doesn't support ClamShell mode for the macs. I have found out that the older version 5.25 works, but requires a kernel extension to work. I have had that whitelisted forever with a configuration profile and have had n...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resetting Sharing Preferences on Big Sur 11.4

Hello, We're running on Jamf Pro. In order for us to Screen Share/Remotely control our Apple computers, we set the Sharing Options to the following: □ Sharing Options > Remote Login Checked□ Sharing Options > Remote Login > “Allow access for” is set ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass un-enroll Macs

I need to un-enroll about 50 Macs from one of my Jamf Pro servers. I could scope a policy to run on every system I want to un-enroll, but then I have no feedback that the policy actually ran since the components that are being removed are the ones th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script to Change First Two Letters of Device Name

Hi All,I'm looking to create a script that I can run to change just the first two letters of a Devices name. We currently use Building-student(or teacher) and barcode (all under 15 characters for our AD bind). Since moving to one-to-one this year, I ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Username on login screen auto fills

I have a weird one, am using migration assistant to setup a new Mac for a user and after migration assistant finishes the login screen for the Mac is autofilling the username field with "Setup User". I can delete this and enter a real username and lo...  View more

1561a54249c743dd91a4beacc550c917
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom IOS - Post install Permissions

Hi - After deployment on IOS and first login, Zoom on IOS is asking for the following permissions and I am hoping someone can help confirm if they can be set via a config profile (and how) or not. "Zoom" would like to find and connect to devices on y...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Steam in Computer Lab

Just wondering if Steam can be set up in a computer lab so that only admin's can install Steam games or can any user install once Steam is on it?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hosting MacOS VM's on Mac Mini

We have a lot of people in our environment that just have a Mac for testing and primarily use a PC. I am trying to look at ways to cut back on hardware and save some money. I was wondering if other companies were starting to put MacOS VM's on a Mac M...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apply new policy only to new machines?

I'm looking to create a new policy, specifically one to add/remove dock items, to an existing Jamf environment with a few hundred enrolled devices. I'm trying to roll out cleaner docks & the self service app for a cleaner on-boarding. I'd like this t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service Internal Browser Outdated

Starting to reference some Google Docs as bookmarks in Self-Service. However, Google complains that "The version of the browser you are using is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser." How often does the codebase get updated for ...  View more

7ab630d928554ab795574b41ea2ca18b
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX Activation Lock issues

Hi all,T2 laptop, staff member left and Activation lock was enabled. Contact user and he removed the device from his Find My/iCLoud.I am able to wipe and restore the device now, but it will not go back into DEP, either during setup or after setup wit...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

lpadmin group

I seem to be having an issue with printing in Big Sur in our labs. We have AD printers and I have always set them up using lpadmin. Since upgrading to Big Sur, The only ones that can print, or the ones that log into the Macintosh and are admins on th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf + Wandera

Today, Jamf completed our acquisition of Wandera, an Apple-first provider of unified cloud security-based access. Wandera brings Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), data policies that include content filtering, and mobile threat defense to Jamf’s platf...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 20 kudos

Prestage Enrollment ends with "Other..."

I was setting up two new Macs side by side. We do prestage enrollment and have a few policies that run to load software and settings, etc. Nothing fancy. At the end of the prestage enrollment, one Mac set up with the prompt to enter the username and ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installing 8x8 Work App via Jamf

Does anyone know if the 8x8 Work app can be deployed via Jamf? I tried converting the dmg to a pkg in composer, but that didn't seem to work. I'm also open to using a script to install it. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you!  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving DEP Macs to Jamf from another MDM

I'm attempting to document the process for moving from a competing MDM into Jamf on macOS. We will have to do this across most of our client base and I need to be able to give users clear instructions. I just went through my first test on my own mach...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.31.0 Beta 2 Available

Hey Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 10.31.0 beta 2 is here! We have a lot of new features and fixes for you. We're excited to mention that in 10.31.0 Beta 2, beta testers can request access to the Title Editor. The Title Editor now lets you quickly spin up...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Enable Lost Mode cmd for Macbook

Hello everyone! Please help me to figure out this question: MacBook is managed and supervised (ABM + Jamf Pro) If I send "enable lost mode" for a MacBook and this devise is connected to wifi, but is not currently used and the display is closed, will ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Active Directory Binding

We are in the process of trying to get new iMac mini's w/ 11.4 to bind with an Active Directory without success. The procedure appears to get into a loop when trying to change a local directory. It does sometimes recognize the AD and the posted compu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors