Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Jamf Nation needs a serious UX review/change

Every time I come to Jamf Nation to either start a new support chat, it takes me at least 3 minutes to find where it is. Same when I want to find the feature request board. Why has this place become so confusing? Please clean it up!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Accessibility for Microsoft Teams

Did anyone had luck getting Accessibility to "allow" for Microsoft Teams application?Tried using PPPC and allowed Accessibility for Teams but its not working. As a standard user, I'm not able to allow it.can anyone help to fix this.  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

Renaming HD (in a Big Sur/Monterey world)

So I'm trying to remediate lots and lots of mis-named "HDs". Mostly when formatted, to reinstall OS, lots of stuff remaining as "APPLE SSD AP0512M Media (Boot Partition)"I've got a script I grabbed from: https://github.com/therealmacjeezy/Scripts/blo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Defender (Schedule Full Scan) plist file

Hi,I'm trying to create plist file for MS Defender to schedule a full scan, everyday at 8pm, but it doesn't seem to be working. Below is a copy my current plist. I've also tried the example given by Microsoft, but not luck.If I try load it manually, ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment question

I had a question about Enrollment policies. If I have policies set for just Enrollment does it only work once when it's a new device and being setup? Or does it run those policies if the device has been wiped and reinstalled OS which would make the E...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud enrollment customization issues

Hey all, Hoping to get pointed in the right direction here since I can't seem to figure it out after reading through documentations and opening a help ticket.I am currently trying to get my Enrollment customization working with Okta. I have Okta set ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Profile unverified

Seeing an issue on newly imaged macs and new out of the box. They are Jamf enrolled manually, MDM profile installed, certs installed, forticlient installed, wifi cert installed, AD joined… throughout several reboots after each of these steps the MDM ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer 10.33.0 New & Modified Snapshot issue

Found an issue when using New & Modified Snapshot to capture an App install. As part of the capture Composer 10.33.0 will include in the root of the package a symbiotic link called ".VolumeIcon.icns" that can not be deleted in composer. If you try it...  View more

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 8.46.27 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 8.51.28 AM.png
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Intel and M1 Macs restart/shutdown hanging

Hey everyone,We currently have an issue with a number of our intel and M1 Macs where we click the restart or shutdown option and the Mac just hangs on the wallpaper. If they do eventually shutdown or restart the Mac then gets stuck on the apple loadi...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

User interaction

Hi team,Can we use the below setting to perform Force update of patches after 15 days? Basically if the users don’t install the patches from self service, we don’t, Jamf to perform force update.  View more

harsha_0-1634729265035.png
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Collecting inventory in ~/Applications/

I seem to recall in my previous Jamf administrator life that I could add ~/Applications/ for software inventory collection on Macs. I'm trying to add that path now but when I click Save, I get: "An error occurred while saving changes." I also tried /...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

BYOD enrolment

My company want to start enrolling BYOD devices I understand the rationale and quite frankly don’t have an issue with it as without it BYOD Macs for example pose a security risk even if we’re just using office locally and not everything else on Citri...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setup Assistant fails to complete

I have noticed that recently when a mac has been wiped and made ready for another user, that during initial setup, the Setup Assistant fails to go through the user creation step.This leaves the Mac at the login screen, but since you never created a u...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Erase All Content And Settings in Monterey

Has anyone figured out how to use Erase All Content and Settings for computers running Monterey yet? Did they implement this feature yet? We have been wanting to test this on our computers running the beta, and now that the release is less than a wee...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

allow third party apps to launch

How can I allow MS word, or any third-party app, to launch if have set "which apps are allowed to launch" in the restrictions option of a configuration profile? Note that Word is in Applications and not in a sub-folder.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating from CommunityPatch to Title Editor?

Sorry if this has been asked before -- I searched but didn't find much.We've been using a few CommunityPatch source feeds to help "fill in the gaps" for software titles Jamf doesn't natively offer for patch management. Some of them are somewhat niche...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's new in the Jamf Pro 10.33 Release

Hi Jamf Nation and happy JNUC 2021! Today we released Jamf Pro 10.33 which includes support for Account-driven user enrollment for iOS/iPadOS. This workflow streamlines the user enrollment onboarding process and focuses on providing corporate access ...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 10 kudos

PreStage Enrollment

I am having trouble with being able to select an iPad in the Prestage Enrollment listing in Jamf Pro. When on the main devices screen I select prestage enrollment on the left then it shows the list of devices. I can see the ipad and it has a check ma...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dymo Label Software/Dymo Connect

We're in the middle of a large upgrade to Big Sur and we're discovering the Dymo Label Software no longer works on Big Sur, and the app to use instead is Dymo Label Connect. The new Connect app isn't great, and the biggest problem for us will be that...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

NOMAD login using e-mail vs username to sign in

Is it possible to have NOMAD Login to use e-mail address vs username for authentication. Currently our environment is Azure AD and we have users sign in via e-mail address. we would like to have that same experience in our mac environment  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applying Passcode Requirements Company Wide

HiWe have an issue where our passcode configuration profile got un applied to all the computers in our environments. We have 100+ devices, a mixture of M1 and Intel devices, that are largely on Big Sur 11.6 with File Vault enabled.My fear is that if ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors