Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Filter Policies and Scripts

Maybe I'm crazy and I'm willing to admit it but wasn't it possible in the past to filter policies on the Policies page when typing in a script name in the filter field to find what policies used specific scripts? I just tried it and had no luck think...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Make EA search through Adobe CC folders to find plugins

I have an EA that looks for specific location (in it's current form InDesign 2020), but to simplify, I'd like to have it just look through all adobe InD version folders (and if it can even relate what version of the plugin it corresponds to (2019, 20...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating via Jamf remote commands

Can anyone tell me if this action updates macOS to Big Sur if it's on Catalina or is it going to update to the latest minor update? The description that Jamf states isn't clear to me.  View more

ae7d05234cbb44449e0038c953c5b448
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autopkgr Automation Help

Howdy All! I have been working with autopkgr and I have everything configured enough for it to run almost hands free, but I have 2 main things still missing that would complete the automation process. Issue #1I am having a hard time getting autopkgr ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clarity on Preference Domains

Newbie alert. I’m building a new configuration profile to deploy Crowdstrike on Big Sur.I’ve downloaded the profile provided by Crowdstrike as this is my first big change since taking over Jamf responsibilities. (Yes, I’m taking the courses)The one t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OS Appstore Apps won't update

VPP Mac OS appstore apps will not update on any of my deployed Macbooks. I just get "XXX Cannot update because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID" I realize this question has been asked on here before but there are NO ANSWERS. I e...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removed App Still Available from Apple?

I just tried to put an App (Glogster) in Self Serve for Mobile Devices and found the notification in Jamf - "This app was removed from the App Store. It is no longer available for deployment. The app was automatically removed from Self Service." I as...  View more

6963feca23d84782bd2999bff34b6c7b
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

2021 Digital AP Exam app from College Board

Greetings, As anyone come across the 2021 Digital AP Exam app trying to update the cb-exam-player and prompting the end user for administrative credentials? Our student computers are running 10.15 and are locked down to prevent installs by the studen...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 0 kudos

Freshservice Agent install with json file.

Our company is moving to Freshservice. Working on a policy to push the Freshservice agent to all our Macs. The Agnet is a pkg file and that installs fine but I can't figure out how to make it reference the json file for the registration key and accou...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 2 kudos

Godaddy SSL Certificate Renewal/Rekey

How To from Jamf Nation that has pretty much all the info you need to do in Jamf, but since we use Godaddy for our Certificate, there are some extra steps. https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/115/enabling-ssl-on-tomcat-with-a-public-certificate...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

macOS 11.3 update via policy: reboot not required?

Hi, I am trying to do minor software updates via a policy, and I have a strange result on macOS 11. The targeted devices (running 11.2.3) download the 11.3 installer, and then the log claims "reboot not required" - so the update does not get installe...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Epic Games Launcher - Frequent Updates

Hi All, We have a deployment Policy for Epic Games Launcher however the App updates itself so frequently and requires Admin Access to complete the Update. My team and I are wondering if you have ever come across a way to trigger this update silently ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Popup User Notification

Hello world, I would like to send a message to certain users via popup message. Unfortunately, all the methods I have found here do not work. I have already made the following settings: In addition, I choose my user in the scope. Unfortunately, I do ...  View more

4c2664ad696447b895284eb1011c87d4 3160836b423740efa68e6968236de563
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Create smart group based on distribution list name

Is it possible using OKTA LDAP (no AD bind) to create a smart group based on DL membership? Say I have a DL call IT-Team in AD and I want to target that group specifically for application deployment or something, is that possible? Old way, which was ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Pro (Cloud) and Tableau Integration

Hi all, been looking around the past few weeks on some information on getting Tableau and JAMF to play nice so I can make use of Tableau's nice visual reporting for our environment. Haven't really found anything substantial. I did find a JAMF Marketp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing JAMF Cloud Hostname

Hello,Can anyone help me, how we can change the JAMF cloud host name I.e, url for login JAMF console. For Example, I am having an URL x.jamfcloud.com and i am wanted to change it to y.jamfcloud.com Regards,sahasrarka  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unlock Accessibilty for Non-admins

Hi Nation,we are deploying BetterSnapTool and it is requesting accessibility access for non-admin users, We have tried building a PPPC via PPPC utility and a custom one in JAMF however, the option for non-admins is not there. Has anyone worked with B...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur 11.3 update not noticed with RECON

I noticed that 11.3 update was released via JAMF email notifications I receive.Email came in last night 10:58pm Eastern time The update is not being picked up, RECON is not recognizing that there is an update. any Big Sur systems don't see it availab...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

InTune Device Registration for Conditional Access

Recently we have started to see an issue where devices(macOS) are dropping out of Azure AD. We can run through the Intune device registration via Company Portal with no issues, and the device will show compliant and is listed as such in InTune, howev...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Push Configuration Policy via Script

Hi, I am trying to install a Configuration Profile as soon as some software is installed. At the moment I am using a Smart Group, but that needs a Recon before the machine is added to the group and the profile is pushed. Is there a way I could push i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gatekeeper Bypass - what to do

As you can read in Jamf's article, there is a vulnerability in the system: https://www.jamf.com/blog/shlayer-malware-abusing-gatekeeper-bypass-on-macos/ How can I set it up in Jamf that all users, no matter which system they are currently working wit...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors