Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

InTune Device Registration for Conditional Access

Recently we have started to see an issue where devices(macOS) are dropping out of Azure AD. We can run through the Intune device registration via Company Portal with no issues, and the device will show compliant and is listed as such in InTune, howev...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Push Configuration Policy via Script

Hi, I am trying to install a Configuration Profile as soon as some software is installed. At the moment I am using a Smart Group, but that needs a Recon before the machine is added to the group and the profile is pushed. Is there a way I could push i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gatekeeper Bypass - what to do

As you can read in Jamf's article, there is a vulnerability in the system: https://www.jamf.com/blog/shlayer-malware-abusing-gatekeeper-bypass-on-macos/ How can I set it up in Jamf that all users, no matter which system they are currently working wit...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Logs: Download or Export?

Anyone out there know if there is a way to export or download the logs of a policy? I see way to grab the policy logs of individual or groups of computers, but no way to download the logs per policy. Am I just missing something or a specific workflow...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Asset/inventory Management

Hi, I am looking at a multiple-system inventory which would span both Mac and PC's. This would also keep track of who the device is assigned to and update automatically. What ha people used? What was your experience? Ive heard of Oomnitza, Asset Pand...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intel MacBook Pros Not Creating New User Accounts

I've been ordering new 16" MBPs direct from Apple for some of my team members. When they receive them, the auto-enroll is not showing the new user account creation screen, completing the setup, and then just displaying the login screen (we have it se...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 5 kudos

Safari installer for Path management

i have the newest Catalina safari link; 14.1 - http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/62/62/071-00728-A_5SWQUDK0WB/jyq47oimzangibo4lmyevte0ezlrg8w8s9/Safari14.1CatalinaAuto.pkg Can anyone reply the Mojave link please thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dual Boot Catalina / Windows 10 Deployment Workflow

Greetings fellow Jamf-ers (yes that is a technical term). I come to the community today to once again revisit that daunting workflow of a Dual Boot MacMini. We all now lots has changed over the past few years. A lot more has moved to the cloud more t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos SSO Extension

Good morning, I've been looking into ways to get away from AD binding and have had some mild success in testing the SSO extension with Kerberos. I've found that i'm successfully getting a ticket and the majority of functionality is working as intende...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF PARENT app available on ANDROID now ?!

Hi, Seems that the Jamf Parent app is now available on Android. Did anybody already test if it works correctly with Jamf Pro ?I don't own an ANDROID... Well, this is good news in any case. (L’application Android Jamf Parent pour Jamf Pro et Jamf Scho...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Auto log out students after 30 minutes

Hey i configured the policy as below, but my users are not being auto logged out. they will put the computer back in the cart, and then if you try and restart it, even the next day, it will not allow you to saying there are currently logged in users....  View more

1e2401db065f435cb0a4f58141c92c8a
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Management Status Extension Attribute

I am officially stumped. I have created the following Extension Attribute, and it works fine when I trigger a Recon on a Mac via Terminal. However, when a Recon runs on its own (like a daily Recon,) the status changes. I suspect it has something to d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netskope Deployment on Big Sur - VPN Payload

Looking to see if anyone has this issue or a solution. Currently trying to deploy Netskope to my Big Sur clients. The installer created a "VPN connector". The issue is the user can delete the connector (being a local admin). Netskope provide document...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imacs unenrolling by themselves

I have several iMacs that unenroll themselves from JAMF. When this happens. I check the profiles and they are all or almost all gone. There may only be one or two left. I go and enroll them again through our portal but they eventually unenroll again ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What email account is using Outlook?

Sorry if I'm repeating a question previously asked, but here goes. Moving to Azure AD from on premise has created a challenge since we've completely disconnected our Jamf and AD. Legacy user IDs that were read in the past (ex, Rich Trouton's script h...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Recon: Include home directory sizes?

Informal poll: How many of you have your JSS configured to Include home directory sizes in your Recon policy? I’m asking because my end-users are scientists with tons of data files, scripts etc in their homedirs - which causes recon jobs to run for a...  View more

9a554c1ca4814566aa630b58f8054e08
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

FileVault Removal on Mac

Hello Nation, I landed here because I am out of ideas and attempts for doing a thing. I have a MacBook that was enrolled over Jamf against a user profile and after I removed the MDM for the device from JamfPro, re-imaged the mac, and created a fresh ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault Removal

Hello Nation, I landed here because I am out of ideas and attempts for doing a thing. I have a MacBook that was enrolled over Jamf against a user profile and after I removed the MDM for the device from JamfPro, re-imaged the mac, and created a fresh ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Certificate Enrollment

Hi, I am within my first year with JAMF which has been fantastic. It looks like our Push Notification Certificate is expiring. How does it work with JAMF to renew it? Do the end users notice anything or is it all handled in the cloud/back end? When d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename iPads with API

Purpose: I want to name the iPads to the users real name.I have "Enforce Mobile Device Names" checked in prestage. I run an API script which changes the iPads name in JAMF. The mobile command is sent to the iPad and the name is changed locally on the...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azure AD and Seemless Single Sign On

We are trying to fine tune our SSO experience on our macOS devices.Our JAMF Connect application is working fine but we are unable to get SSO working for Safari/Chrome/Edge etc. We have found the following article:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azur...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Simulator iPad not enrolling in JamfPro

Hey friends,I have a client with some particularly complex JamfPro policies/profiles, that I'm trying to test with Apple Simulator, so I don't have to tie up 4 physical iPads while I test. But the Apple Simulator "VMs" won't enroll properly in JamfPr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

M1 Mac, can't sign into local account

I have a M1 MacBook. Today I wiped it and reloaded it (erase hard disk, reinstall Mac OS Big Sur). It creates a local administrator account during the prestage setup. I log in as that administrator and create another local account using using users a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up network printers in Jamf School

Hi,Can someone take a look at my Printer management profile and see if you can tell what is off? It's not working, but I feel like I'm close. Device URI: smb://oesprint.oes.edu/LS_XeroxCopier_MacOS (This should be correct it's working in Jamf Pro)Dis...  View more

09a8d31954ee48d49205b5ad0b9f7a09
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Way to have Chrome / Firefox open two tabs on startup?

I want to push a policy or something out to our computers that when they start either Chrome or Firefox it will open two tabs by default. I found a plist command that will open our home page, but can't figure out where or how to have it open the 2nd ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors