Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practices for Software Update

Hi, I'm a new Jamf admin. I've been struggling with macOS updates (think 10.15.x (after a factory reset) to 10.15.7 Supplemental Updates). Based on what I gathered from my Jumpstart, (1) Download the "macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Supplemental Update 2" ins...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intune equivalent of Jamf Connect?

We're looking to move to Azure for SSO authentication from the the domains we have today, with the goal of using it for full account authentication by year end. I know Jamf Connect does this, but requires a per-machine licence. Is anyone aware of a n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to JAMF Pro

I came on staff here 5 months ago to do video, media, and marketing, and since I was good with computers, they added asset management to my duties. So I'm very new to mobile device management (meaning I've been using Macs since 1987 and never heard o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Google Chats

Hello all, Is there a way to disable Google Chats? I've got Middle School students all taking part in a giant Google Chat room during the day. Anything you all can think of to disable this feature?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename computer using Google Sheet

I have been using a Python script that uses a Google Sheet to locate serial numbers and match them up with names. When trying to use this with the M1 Mac's, it seems that the script isn't working as it should. Upon investigation, the script I was usi...  View more

• 56 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.29.0 Beta 2 is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation! We've got a great release in store for you! Jamf Pro 10.29.0. Beta 2 is now live! Update the Device Compliance Information endpoint - We’ve updated the device compliance information payload from numeric to text options so it’s easier...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Protecting M1 with no more EFI security available

We are going to be turning over our 1500 device fleet to M1 Airs this summer and since there is no more EFI passwords, we want to restrict users from being able to enter recovery mode and restrict them from entering DFU mode. It looks like enabling F...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf iOS Restrict Google Apps to @domain.com

Hi all. Hope everyone is having a great Friday. We're relatively new to Jamf Pro, and brand new to iOS. We are deploying some iPads which I have setup with Apple Configurator 2 and ABM and tied those to Jamf Pro. Things are looking good with restrict...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

New Outlook Global Address Book?

Maybe I'm missing something really simple, but how do I access the global address book for my active directory in the "New Outlook"? An easy way used to be clicking the button next to the "To"/"CC" fields, but that's missing now:  View more

5e36da2f2bb0422e849b0962bd5af079
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf self service must be associated

we're having random issues for which the app jamf self service in ios is getting the below error , it doesn't happen with all the devices and even always , sometimes after an upgrade, sometimes not. Welcome to Self Service Mobile Self Service Mobile ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Prestage Enrollment QA testing with Big Sur

Environment:macOS 11.2.3JAMF Pro 10.28 I've been working on building our first zero-touch deployment prestage enrollment and testing has become such a pain. I was initially able to use the serial/model changes + snapshots in VMWare Fusion to test, bu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur: Deleting users after they have logged out

My team and I are trying to move away from DeepFreeze going forward with Big Sur but is kind of stumped on how to do it. We work in a student lab with 200 macs so ultimately, we want to delete the users profile after the student have logged out. We u...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 2 kudos

Using jamfHelper Full Screen

I am wanting to use jamfHelper in full screen mode to basically lock out the computer while it is installing all of the base software right after enrollment. I can keep the message up while installing software by using an ampersand: jamfHelper & inst...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workday Mobile App Deployment

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is deploying workday mobile to iOS devices with the tenant auto configured? I can't seem to find documentation from Workday on what the command is to auto configure it through App Configuration.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove all specified applications?

I have an application with a very special name that I pushed out to all Macs in the company about seven years ago. The application no longer functions and only creates confusion and support tickets. This application is not going to be in the Applicat...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FDA, etc for Crowdstrike Falcon

Hello all,Has anyone been able to successfully configure a policy for FDA, Approved System Extension/Kernel Extensions? We're having a tough time with it, and CS support hasn't been terribly helpful...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating from Zoom Plugin to Zoom Add-in

Hello, I've been working on removing the soon to be decommissioned Zoom Mac Outlook Plugin and implementing the new Zoom Outlook Add-In from the Microsoft store. I've found a way to remove the plugin here.https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Systematically remove configs by ProfileCreator

I inherited a deployment that has a lot of non-MDM installed profiles. Further, it seems some of the same configs were attempted with different names. The pattern I can find is they were all built with ProfileCreator. I have so many different identif...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.4 Mojave

Hey GuysSo we have Mojave machines that we need to upgrade to ENS 10.6.4The agent went through fine 5.6.6 Hotfix 1Rolled out the PPPC as per McAfee notesOn a test High Sierra machine ENS 10.6.4 went through no issues but on Mojave keeps stating ENS i...  View more

9a0aff98fc5c4788ac38f13a1786eac3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile - Finder settings

I am trying to disable access to "Connect to server" and "Go to folder" within the Finder section of configuration profiles, but even when un-checking those options (to disable access), the options are still available. On M1 Macbook/Big Sur. Some of ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors