Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Uninstalling Teamviewer script

We are looking to mass remove Teamviewer via a script as on deployment we made the mistake of just deploying through a pkg file and not indexing with a dmg file. I have tried 2 other scripts that I've found on Jamf forums but none of these have worke...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Database Backups Failing

Curious if anyone else has experienced this (and if so, how you resolved it). Mid-last week, our nightly database backups started failing. The result appears the same whether I run a backup with admin privileges or not and both in the CLI and GUI ver...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO Extension not finding network

When testing the SSO connection to AD over our VPN, if I disconnect and then later reconnect to our VPN, the SSO extension can't find the network. If I run a kinit command in terminal, this seems to resolve it, but I can't have users constantly do th...  View more

4e08cc50b5a2414f820cc8e34b6de885
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles best disabling practice

Older threads imply that removal is difficult so I would like to change mine to do nothing or mostly harmless and then distribute the updated one. It currently has a restriction payload which seems ugly to fix since some are allow and others are rest...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to force and update for a specific application.

Hello! I am new to JAMF and was thrown into the thick of things managing several hundred iPads and a couple of dozen Macs. Regarding mobile devices, the organization I work for uses Lightspeed as their mobile POS. Several sites have reported issues p...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporarily suspend configuration profiles?

Is there any way to temporarily suspend a configuration profile for single user or on a single device? For example, we have a compliance requirement that prohibits the use of external USB storage devices; allowed by exception only. So if I have a use...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM not fully enrolling

I am trying to set up a VM to test JAMF Connect using Parallels 16 and Catalina. I have set up the VM to use the boot flags, devices.smbios.serial="C01VG0EFHGFVB"devices.mac_hw_model="MacBookPro15,1" The VM will enroll via the /enroll URL and show up...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Printing Issues

Anyone else having issues with printing on Big Sur? Many docs won't print and throw this errorError-invalidfont Updating the PPD file for the printer and changing the TTRasterizer line in the PPD file from Type42 to None, and then deleting and reinst...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package installation error. What is this??

I've seen this error happen time to time on installation packages, what is the problem? it was fine before. Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is Pharos Popup Clientinstaller: Installing at base path /installer: The ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gammarly Add-in for Word

Hello all, I have only recently (within the last month) started using Jamf Pro. Recently, one of our clients has decided that they need Grammarly installed on all their macbooks. I have already used the Mac App Store section in Jamf Pro to deploy the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

msupdate Crashing

In our environment I'm testing the use of msupdate to manage M365 applications. I have a handful of Macs that are failing when msupdate runs. Here is an example: bash-3.2# /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MAU2.0/Microsoft AutoUpdate.app/Content...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FortiClient full disk access via PPPC on Big Sur

Hello, I have tried to create a configuration profile for FortiClient. I need a disk full access in advance to ensure easy installation for the user. Unfortunately the profile will not install for me with the error message in Jamf: In the payload (UU...  View more

02503ef09c7b484dab32ee9768ffc4b6
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

defaults write not working through jamf

I have several little scripts that writes to default files for various things. In order to make sure it writes to the users defaults I use loggedInUser to pull the logged in user. All this works 100% through the terminal but when I run it via a scrip...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 14.5 and tracking.

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had been playing around with the beta and if so do you see any chance of remotely having control of either agreeing or disagreeing when asked if you want to allow tracking or ask app not to track? Thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud DEPNotify running issue

Last month or two something weird has happened with our new macs we got in. They are enrolling correctly to Apple/cloud on login, proxy initial installs all work including installing DEPNotify. The issue comes with Running DEPNotify Script. I've trie...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Avaya Agent

HI, we need to package Avaya Agent with specify config.xml that has the necessary settings. The Config.xml will need to be placed into User/username/ Library/Preferences/Avaya-Agent/ folder which only gets created after the app is opened the first ti...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Classroom and EDU profile

After setting up a new iPad teacher I noticed their classes in the Classroom app were named according to the nicknames set by the teacher. The class icons were color matched with Schoolwork. Also all but 2 of the students were shown as offline.This t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Do Not Disturb for macOS updates?

(Not referring to Apple's Do Not Disturb, which is a totally different thing that what I'm looking for) Curious if anyone has seen or used any kind of "Do Not Disturb while x application is running" solution to prevent macOS updates from occurring wh...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 200 Review

Aside from the https://200review.jamfcloud.com/index.html interface and the course practice test, are there other review materials you can recommend for prepping for the Jamf 200 exam? I have viewed all 41 of the Jamf 100-related videos on YouTube bu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to remove app

Hey peeps, I'm totally new at scripting. My goal is to start by creating a script to uninstall a particular app. Eventually, I want to add it to the Self Service app. Would someone mind pointing in the right direction? Thanks!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors