Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Computer Policy Restart Issues

So this sentence at Computers>Policies>*YourPolicyName>Restart Options"If "macOS Installer" is chosen as the Startup Disk, Restart Options on this pane will not be applied to computers with macOS 10.12.4 or later." Does that mean I can't use that opt...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does JAMF think we're idiots?

heck this article they posted: Total cost of ownership: Mac versus PC in the enterprise | Blog (jamf.com)That final "Total Cost of Ownership Graph" graph is just atrociously misleading. Maybe they should invest in some Excel to create actual graphs.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installing Python on client Macs.

As Python will soon no longer ship with macOS, I'm curious as to the best way to install Python on client Macs. All we will really be using Python for is running scripts as part of policies. I was considering using the Python.org installer, but I'm w...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

PowerShell Script Issues

Hi we are running Bullwall Ransomcare which is working fine on our PC fleet but need to create a Logon Script for our macs.We ahve tried to install PowerShell on the Macs but we are still running into issues.And we think its due to some of the detail...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting Macs from Jamf

We have 6 Macs running High Sierra that are either broken, lost/stolen or in an office that is currently locked due to COVID. If we delete these Macs from Jamf Pro, will they re-enrol if they are ever powered back on? We don't want them using up a li...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Any issues retaining old system extensions?

We have recently been experiencing issues with Symantec Endpoint Protection which we have deployed to all our JAMF managed devices. We believe that the root cause is due to some misconfigured Config Profiles which were not pre-approving some system e...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

distribute pkg with .xml configuration file

Hi, I'm trying to deploy the new TeamViewerHost.pkg file to my MacBooks. To install this, TeamViewer recommends running it with an .xml configuration file like this: sudo installer -applyChoiceChangesXML choices.xml -pkg TeamViewerHost.pkg -target / ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF enrolled laptop showing unenrolled in JAMF Pro

Several laptops, including my own, were enrolled in jamf and working fine. But now, when i go to jamf pro, it shows as if the laptops are not assigned to anyone. Because of this, I can't add the device to any new policies. The first screen is the vie...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stolen AppleTVs

Hi all, I'm curious as to how some of you are handling stolen Apple TVs managed by Jamf. There doesn't seem to be a way to lock them natively so I'm curious if there are any workarounds?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regex with Application Version (MS Office)

I am struggling real hard trying to parse out computers with different versions of Microsoft Office. I am using the attached search as a test. Every time I run this search it pulls the wrong info in two ways:1. It returns all versions of Excel.2. It ...  View more

794e1d545aac4685992223c322f067d6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Creation Question

I have to ask a question that I should know the answer to, but for some reason am struggling.Trying to deploy the Symantec DLP 15.7 agent.It used to be you could invoke a create_package script in the same directory as the extracted zip of the agent i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF cloud API

Hello Jamf COmmunity, I am tasked with setting up some code to do the API for JAMF. Baiscally I need to upload a csv and edit some fields. I am struggling mightily with this. Do you have any resources that might help. I want to learn what i am doing ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf DEP Enrollment Login Issue

So I'm running into an issue where I have a DEP machine, I accept the profile and I go to log in as the user, it accepts my AzureAD password, and then when I re-enter it I get the attached. The odd thing is if I log in as myself, I'm able to get to a...  View more

c33f25be261a471e9f74332452b5fb3d
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big sur and AD problems

When I try to unjoin Big sur device from AD , Im getting this error message . "this computer is unable to access the domain controller due to unknown error " . Anyone here came across such issues , or know when this error happens ?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AirPlay with Citrix Workspace

Hi, we have the problem that when transferring via AirPlay, the content is not transferred from the Citrix Workspace app to the AppleTV. Only the first image is transferred and is only updated when the function bar is opened / closed. As soon as a de...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update package

I'm new to Jamf and am trying to move the workflow from my previous MDM, so apologies if I'm missing something obvious. I've got a package which installs some required files and runs a few scripts. The package is usually updated every few weeks with ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Installation Choice

Most of our employees are working from home with varying internet connection speeds. There are applications that are required and there are applications that are optional. Is there a way to give users a choice of those optional applications with a ni...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors