Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Managing devices across different countries

Hello everyone. I am personally still quite new to Jamf, and IT administration in general, so I have a question that in my understanding falls under the "best practices" category. The company I work for has started using MacBooks and managing them wi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workaround for no ldap (JIM) can API help?

Hi All Looking for some help - assistance- moral support :)Unlike many enterprises - we have had a hard time getting JIM integrated in our infra due to the insecure architecture of JIM--- we would of used an ldap source primarily software allocations...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Selfservice APPs not installing (IOS)

2021-03-28 11:14:44,878 [INFO ] [duledPool-1] [VppLicenseMonitor ] - License monitor completed after 373.36 seconds2021-03-28 11:15:31,505 [INFO ] [Thread-4127] [InstallMDMAction ] - Entered com.jamfsoftware.jamf.installmdmrequest for type: APP, id: ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

http2/ Fails

Hello Everyone we are unable to activate http/2 push apn The Test fails, nothing blocked in the Firewall.We are on 10.27Certificate Everythink looks okay  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cloud-managed Chrome Browser - Enrollment Issue

Hello, We're in the process of enrolling our MacOS Chrome browsers so that they're cloud managed through the Google Admin console. I've followed the steps in this guide that specifically pertains to JAMF deployments: https://support.google.com/chrome...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remote Wipe Clarification

Apologies if this is a rudimentary question, but I can't seem to find a concrete answer anywhere. Periodically, our org needs to wipe machines and we'll use the Wipe Computer command in Jamf Pro. I'm finding that sometimes when the computer is wiped,...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Active Directory Binding

We are trying to get binding working through Big Sur. Our configuration profile for binding worked previously in Catalina, but now it doesn't work on Big Sur. When looking at Active Directory, the machine says it's binded but we can't seem to log in ...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 1 kudos

LogCollection - Account Privileges for upload

I'm trying to set up and test LogCollection. I created a Jamf user account and want to give it the barest privileges, only what is needed to connect and upload the logs. The only privileges I have configured for this account is create/update Attachme...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrate to App Store through MDM only

My scenario includes developers that installed Xcode prior to my standup of Jamf in this environment I need to prevent end-users from logging into the App Store and purchasing/downloading apps under their own IDs Is the only way to move to this model...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detect software installation outside JAMF

Wondering is anyone has any guidance on the below:We are in need to detect when the user installs software outside of Self-Service or push from JAMF. Mainly this is for license compliance reasons for us. When-ever a user installs a pkg or DMG from "f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

The weirdest thing I've ever seen...

I’m unsure if this is a Jamf or macOS support matter, but we’re seeing EXTREMELY PECULIAR behaviour enrolling a specific computer into Jamf. The computer, after user creation completes and the desktop appears works fine, but following a reboot and lo...  View more

027bf758915b48d0998804e681582ca5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x using System Mode

Hi, Just wondering if there is a way to do 802.1x to Wifi using Jamf in System Mode System Mode: Used for computer authentication and occurs even when a user isn’t logged in to the Mac See https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/deployment-reference-ma...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

mobileconfig and passwords

Hi does anyone know how passwords are stored when a mobileconfig profile are passed from MDM server to the client? more specific, when joining an AD using a mobileconfig file is the username / password in clear text so the end user can see it or will...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

API Account Permissions for File Attachments

I'm trying to utilize a script that will upload a file as an attachment to a computer. I'm trying to figure out the minimum necessary permissions to accomplish this. I used an admin account and was able to upload fine, but when I try to use a lower-p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

MDM Push Notification Certificate

Hello, yesterday installed new Jamf, Ubuntu 20.04 / 10.28.0-t1615386406.Setup ldap (without ssl), install trusted certificate for ssl, and install push certificate. When I go to push cert setting, edit, and press test button - i have error: The conne...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic Browser Reset for iPads

Hello Jamf Nation! I have a need to find a way to have a web browser clear all history and active sessions when a browser is closed (home button pressed), or the iPad is locked or goes to sleep. Private Web Browser is one option found here: https://a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro Live Known Issues List

Hi Jamf Nation, I’m a member of the technical communications team here at Jamf. Our team had some questions about how you use the Jamf Pro Live Known Issues list so we can improve your experience: If you use the Jamf Pro Live Known Issues list, what ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.28.0 Database Update Incomplete?

I am seeing some odd behavior after updating to Jamf Pro 10.28.0. After the upgrade on our cluster master completed, the Tomcat service started and connected to the database server as normal, and began making whatever database changes are usually don...  View more

94e3a8e67d214a82b489847ffc805380
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors