Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

New Patch Policy Extension Attribute Errors

Our cloud asset was recently upgraded to 10.27There are new Patch Policies available and a handful of "Legacy" and "Deprecated" Software Titles. I'm seeing EA errors for the Patch Management of Microsoft AutoUpdate and for Mozilla Firefox. I'm no EA ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How often do you update inventory?

Hey All, I was curious on how often you have your end points updating inventory? I know it is different per workflow per environment but on average. If you could list the scale of your environment that would also be helpful Example: 10 inventory upda...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Silicon M1 machines macOS update weirdness

Below are 2 screenshots from today, one taken on my Intel laptop and the other from M1 MacBook Air. Both machines are connected to our campus network same Wi-Fi, the same VLAN, and the same firewall. But for some reason, the M1 laptop will not show A...  View more

bfb8741d79d94eaeae5981dda0ac9c18 f1ccc7e7a614491ba4b033c183f3e126
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Different EA Results in JAMF than from Local Script

I am trying to identify the Apache2 version to scope systems that need an update, but I am experiencing some unexpected results. My EA script: #!/bin/sh result=`httpd -v | grep "Unix" | awk '{print $3}' | cut -f2 -d"/"` echo "$result" When I run as r...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Updates

I'm curious what everyone's workflow is for doing operating system updates? In the past we would just hide all notifications and not do updates until we collected the laptops in the summer. This school year it's been harder to do that and we end up h...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS 10.12 and Jamf 10.27

Upgraded to 10.27 and I'm noticing systems on MacOS 10.12 are not upgrading the jamf client to 10.27. I know 10.27 is "untested" on 10.12 but I assumed the client would update. Is this not the case?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assigning Admin Rights Big Sur

I seem to be running into an issue with assigning administrator rights to specific users after the Big Sur upgrade. Before I could run a terminal command to assign rights like this: dsconfigad -groups "Domain Admins,Enterprise Admins,Bakersfield Adul...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Pin Chrome Extensions to task-bar

I have seen various people struggling with this, some claiming it's not possible and Chromium documentation on this particular policy isn't straight forward so here we go... Based on Google Chrome documentation for the policy "ExtensionSettings". The...  View more

3a7cdaa8a0f748e7982ad6dc5817d37b
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD screen lock

Hey everyone, having trouble with turning a Mac Mini into headless as when we quit ARD the mac mini goes into the lock screen. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

(Lakeside software) Systrack installation from JAMF Pro

Hi, I made a installation of systrack application to mac OS users from Jamf Pro console. At starting, I faced some issues with web socket connection error. Later found the solution to install. Package the systrack.pkg file. Package the lsiagent confi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

File Cannot Be Processed - mobileconfig for EAP Wifi

I set up EAP Wifi in Meraki and downloaded the .mobileconfig file. When I try to upload it on the Configuration Profiles page, JAMF says File Cannot Be Processed. I tried it Signed and unsigned. I also tried changing the UUIDs in XCODE to make sure t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Add "Copy" button to dialog box

Current have a script that extracts a full computer configuration from a user's computer but would like have a "Copy" button which allows for the content of the dialog box to be copied to clipboard for pasting in email. Has anyone had any success in ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina --eraseinstall Installs Big Sur

I have a one step Self Service policy that we use to wipe Catalina machines. Since Big Sur came out, the --eraseinstall command is downloading and installing Big Sur. Has anybody encountered this or figured out how to stop it from happening? Thanks!  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad > Inventory > User & Location > Edit

I've got an iPad that is communicating fine with our server, but refuses to update the user. For some reason, when I click to Edit the user and search for this person's first.lastname it comes up with two results: first.lastnameFIRST.LASTNAME Both ar...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Azure IDP and populating User and Location info

Hi all, it's really great to finally have the ability to have Azure as a Cloud Identity Provider in Jamf Pro. Now i have all my Mac and Azure User information in one place, i'm wondering how this be brought together? Specifically we're wanting to pop...  View more

fdaecb00c9be4f3a809604829039f484
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

CyberArk EPM 11.9 and MacOS Big Sur Issue

Hello, Are there any other CyberArk EPM users out there who are using MacOS Big Sur? We noticed that once we upgraded our test computers from CyberArk EPM 11.7.0.608 to 11.8.0.722 or 11.9.0.520 running any version MacOS Big Sur and Microsoft Defender...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to find running process and run as user

Hi All! I am trying to run a script to check if our PaperCut User Client application is actually running. I was using the below script on my machine and it returned the results as expected. *#!/bin/sh SERVICE=PCClient if ps ax | grep -v grep | grep -...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dont allow connection to hidden WiFi

Hello everybody, We would like to establish a WiFi for Deployment. This WiFi should not be allowed to access after the Deployment. My idea is, to make this WiFi hidden, so not everybody knows it existed. Is there a possibility to refuse the Connectio...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azure SSO Issues

I just worked with my Azure admin to set up SSO, and it works for MY Jamf Pro account when logging into Jamf Pro, but it does not work for any other account. I'm getting this error box: I've tried this with an LDAP account as well as a standard user,...  View more

3366863ff9204e4aa498efd2694f2a8c
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OS Patches

I'm looking at patching and reporting.I would like to create a smart group based on when a patch is installed relative to when it was released from Apple.A smart group of computers that haven't installed the latest patch released by Apple in x-days k...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD user directory permissions wrong

We have been receiving many new MacBooks with the M1 processor and bigSur. After getting the device setup and bound to our AD network we have been noticing an issue. When the user logs into the machine with their AD account the permissions of the use...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac unable to restart - pending logout policy check

We have a couple users reporting that they are unable to restart their Macs and get stuck at the "Checking for Logout Policies" before having to force shutdown the computer to be able to utilize it again. This is particularly troublesome when it come...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors