Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

GlobalProtect updates?

I'm curious how those using GlobalProtect are handling updates. At the moment we're looking at using Self Service for the user to do it themself but I don't think that's a wise choice from a security perspective since users are notorious for not doin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto-install Adobe CC 2021

We are on a Named license with Adobe, but I am having trouble getting the "Adobe Package Downloader" to automatically open and start installing on our machines, I have tried almost everything publically available. Uploading the DMG to Jamf and using ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

O365 In Self Service

Hi, I'm new to JAMF and wondered if any of this talent pool could point me in the right direction with fixing my problem. I would my user to be able to download Office 365 apps from Self-Service. As of right now, the apps show up in self-service but ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

python 3 script to put users into static group

I work 99% in bash, so thats my main language, but currently Im working with python as thats whats working with OKTA. Currently I get a list of all user status from OKTA, which i need to then compare against and see if there are any overlapping names...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro CLI

CLI command cli option for Jamf Pro Backup. Jamf Pro jar file does not load in attempt to launch tools to capture backup.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profiles Disappear from System Preferences

On Prem JSS 10.26.1macOS 11.1 I am creating my first set of macOS Big Sur Deployments on non-M1 iMacs. I am noticing a strange behavior of iMacs dropping ALL of the Scoped Configuration Profiles listed in System Preferences --> Profiles, EXCEPT FOR t...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remove VPN Settings

Anyone know how to remove this VPN Settings?It is from user-level profile. I completely remove all profile include MDM Profile, but the VPN setting still there!The remove button also is disable!I attach all screenshot. I even try delete in /var/db/Co...  View more

a24421dbd0004cdd8addea61a2bf653d d1dda7cd4c184a8ab7e10d53f694602b
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault 2 deferred enablement

Dear all,I'm having a lot of trouble with some machines with File Vault 2 config profile and policy applied to enforce the enablement, however for like 5-6 machines for a total of about 30, File Vault 2 results disabled and the policy log says "FileV...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Random local account password corruption?

This issue has literally plagued our environment since we first rolled out JAMF over a year ago and it's driving me so far up the wall. Seemingly randomly, local accounts will just stop taking the user passwords. It's 110% the correct password, but M...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Self Service Installations that need a PPPC

Just wondering what everybody is doing when they have an app to be installed via Self Service that needs a PPPC Configuration Profile. Push the PPPC Profile out to everybody? Scope the PPPC Profile so that it gets pushed when the app is installed? Ha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certify The Web for JAMF Pro on Windows Server

For those like me who don't have time to be an expert on everything here is what I did:1. Install Certify The Web.2. Make sure you have a backup copy of your certname.pfx and server.xml (see next).2. Blindly follow: https://docs.certifytheweb.com/doc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installed macOS Updates into an Extension Attribute

Hi All, I want to leverage the "system_profiler SPInstallHistoryDataType" command which will tell me all of the installed macOS updates. To do that I can add a pipe and grep the string "macOS". However I'm looking to get both the macOS update(s) that...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Big Sur from SMB Share

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I'm wondering about putting the Install macOS Big Sur app on an SMB share and then I could have computers on network mount it and then just run it off the SMB share instead of having to wait for it to downlo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can Apps be back-fed to JAMF?

I just pulled a report to show all of the apps that we have in JAMF for the school administrators so we can start a clean up. I'm going through the list and I'm finding all types of apps that shouldn't be on school devices! There are only a couple of...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless and Keychain issues with Big Sur

Hi everyone, I am seeing a few issues after upgrading an enrolled and configured device from Catalina to Big Sur. Upon first login for a user, we get three or four keychain pop-ups saying the keychain could not be found (I would think that there is n...  View more

46ccd4c616da4ed1b537ea4a169c8cc9
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Parent App Report

Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to accurately report on whether or not a parent has linked their app to a student device in Jamf Pro?I can see in advanced searches there is an option for parent link with a free text box, but not sure what this i...  View more

d639f128e768440cb657315149305739
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Status of Azure integration?

Hi all! The last thread I saw on the Azure integration was dated 11/2020 and that it would be ready at the end of that year. Is there an update to that roll out or did I miss it? thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

User manuals

We recently started supporting a school that uses JAMF Pro. Unfortunately We have no idea how to use the software and its capabilities. The staff member that did, has since moved on. Can anyone point me in the direction of any training guides /knowle...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automating install MDM profile

Hi everyone, We are about to move from Jamf Now to Jamf Pro, we have around 60 macs that can't use automated device enrollment "DEP" and about 25 that are DEPed .. I'm thinking to automate installing MDM profile on those machines after removing the o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault Escrow IRK and Policies

Hi Everyone, Currently we have setup a config profile that creates a personal recovery key that uses the built in Escrow certificate from Jamf. My question is do we care about having a separate IRK? Previously we were using an IRK on Meraki. Also, wo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating FileVault from Meraki MDM to Jamf

Hi Everyone, We are in the process of migrating our users from Meraki to Jamf Pro. Users are already FV2 encrypted with an IRK. We'd like to use the escrow feature Jamf provides as it stores the key within Jamf. Do we need to decrypt the drives first...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Okta LDAP, updating user details after enrolment

We have Okta setup as our LDAP source within Jamf Cloud and its working beautifully when users enrol into our system. but as a school, kids change grades at the beginning of every year (or should) and so their Grade changes within Okta, but our user ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors