Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.42.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro. Jamf Pro 10.42.1 fixes the following product issues: [PI110600] Updated a third-party library to resolve a known vulnerability (CVE-2022-42889). [PI110632] The device inventory record no longe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Disable password login for Smart Card accounts

Our environment is split between users that are required to login with Smart Cards and users that login with username/password credentials, based on permissions. In this scenario I cannot push a configuration profile that enforces smart card login on...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable "Enable Google Cast" on AirServer

Our ISD wants to disable Google Cast on AirServer. I have found the plist located at Library/Preferences/com.pratikkumar.airserver-mac.plist. I am attempting a defaults write to simply change this key like so: defaults write com.pratikkumar.airserver...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Recording and Catalina

Hi all! I am trying to set the ability for apps like teams and Bomgar to have screen recording enabled by default. I can;t seem to set it in JAMF, so i tried to upload a profile that i created in the server app and it didn;t work. Any advice here. It...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf + Catalina + Dep Notify Deployment Failure

This work flow has been fine with High Sierra, and Mojava, but fails in Catalina. PreStage -> Setup Wizard -> Rename & Join AD (Reboot) -> all works fine On 1st Login -> Install DEPnotify (version 1.1.5) & run jamfs DEP-Notify Script (v2.0.1) - Compl...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

Alternative to Centrify Express

We've been using Centrify Express on a mixed Mac/Linux/Windows estate for a few years now. It handles the UID creation and simple authentication to our Windows AD environment and keeps everything consistent. This is especially important because we're...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing AD Users Remotely On Catalina

Hey all, Quick rundown is that users log into the machines using Active Directory accounts and it creates a mobile account upon login. What I am looking to do is delete the user cleanly while also removing the shared information. I am aware that I ca...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wipe and Re-Enroll into Jamf

My company provided me a couple of Apple Mac Laptop(s) for testing purpose. I am 99% sure they are all enrolled in DEP. I would like to: (1) completely wipe these Apple Mac laptop(s)(2) re-install the Apple macOS Operatying System(3) re-enroll them i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Active Home Folder on Mac OS

Hi, I've been tasked with adding 16 new Apple MacBooks to our Windows network. I've managed to clone all 16 and bind them to Active directory but I am having an issue when pupils logon to them and want to access their home folder on the server. Each ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local User Accounts - 102 Accounts!?

Recently I've started seeing Macs after inventory updates reporting hidden local user accounts with UIDs from 0-499 being listed in the inventory. Is this a normal thing for Jamf or is something wrong?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Internet sharing

Hey I am wondering how to lock down internet sharing as it has become a huge issue for us. Seen an old post from 2012 but unsure if there is an updated way to do it for Mojave and newer macOS devices.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search for username is Computer Usage Logs?

Is there a way to search for a specific user in the Computer Usage Logs? When this batch of laptops was rolled out (before I got here), not all of them got a proper naming convention (Bob's Macbook Pro.) We have a bunch just named Macbook Pro (37) wi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin User vs Standard User

Does anyone have a good write up or comparison chart for Admin vs Standard users? Looking to show functionality differences between the account types.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD Login AD - 2020/01

Does anyone know if NoMAD Login AD is a dead product or are there plans to continue it? I haven't seen any updates to v1.3.0 in several months, if not longer. I'd like to move our Macs over to it but it's not ready for prime time yet. Until then, I'm...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-imaged computers don't re-run Patch Policies

If a computer does one of the Patch Policies in Patch Management, the computer is then marked as "Completed". If the computer is wiped and deployed again, it doesn't get patched because Jamf thinks it's already done. What should I be doing for this t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Go from Conference mode to Apps on Apple TV

We are wanting to have all the Apple TVs set up for conference mode, but some teachers have purchased and use apps. How can I keep the Apple TVs set to the conference mode but allow them to use their apps on the Apple TV? Some of my teachers are biti...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package installation question

I am running into issues where some Macs are not installing a package that is set to deploy upon enrollment completion, yet marking it complete in the policy log. To combat this, I created a Smart Group that checks for the application and if missing,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress Notifications to enter Apple ID

Hi! I was wondering if anyone ran into this before: users on new Macs are getting a System Preferences notification badge to enter their AppleID. Is there any way to suppress this? We want to still allow using their Apple ID, just not have the notifi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Printer with Document Finishing features?

I am looking into deploying Printers With Jamf Pro, I can Get the PPD file uploaded and deployed but cant find how to enable 3 hole and staple features? I can go in and manually enable the document finisher and punch unit but would like to push it al...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault password not syncing with normal password

We have multiple computers (all MacOS) on jamf pro that keep losing the filevault password. Sometimes randomly (at least it seems random) the computer won't be able to be unlocked by the filevault password and we'll have to go into the admin account ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF uninstall iPad

how do you take Jamf out of the config so that when you do a reset back to factory settings it does not install the JaMF remote management config> Thank you  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors