Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Cisco Umbrella uninstaller

Hey guys,Something is really messed up for us with our Cisco instance.I have attempted to find anything and everything I can on this in JAMF Nation, but no luck so far.I pushed a Cisco Umbrella / Open DNS to all out MacBook Airs with 10.15.7, Then cr...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Grand users within AD group Sudo access

By and large all users get admin access to our Macs when the device is deployed to them. I am trying to sort out a way to give our IT staff admin access without having to use JAMF shenanigans whenever they need to do something with a Mac. We have a M...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage Adobe CC updates

Would just like to see some input on how other manage adobe CC Normally the Adobe RUM take care of the updates within the version like version 21.2 to 21.3But how about going from 21 to 22 that needs a new full installer, as adobe does not seems to h...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

OpenVPN Composer Snapshop fails to install

Hi, I downloaded openVPN mac client from my openVPN server and repackage it with Composer using the "Normal Snapshot" option.. I then uploaded the package to Jamf Pro, and lastly created a policy and made it available in self service for the user to ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netskope and Big Sur

Has anyone seen any issues with deploying Netskope on Big Sur with intel Macs? We have tried both with Kext and Network Extensions and the agent is greyed out and the configurations do not appear. Currently have a ticket with Jamf engineering. We are...  View more

22fb2b19804941c094f7e5f7979260b1 1436065f5a7344808b556a0d16a5e533
  • 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco AnyConnect and AMP

I tired to follow Cisco docs and the example file they had didn't want to work for me. After a lot of testing I have gotten the profiles to cover my fleet from macOS 10.13 -11.01 Download the .mobileconfig files from my GitHub and code sign with Hanc...  View more

b79bf428d7774f4e9e99aad0a560c2c6 25393576dc1749b2ae040c440e97254f 783324a4887e4cbdba944e998f283dfc
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Open/Save Dialogs

Does anyone have a way to stop the file (open/save, etc.) dialogs from resetting to a "default" size? If I change an open/save dialog to a more reasonable size to show desired information, this change isn't persistent. The next file open/save dialog ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wrapping a .app in a arm compatible package.

Hey all, I am struggling to get this new AMR process down pat. I have a universal app that I need to install from a policy. the issue is rosetta2 isn't installed at this stage and while the app is ARM compatible the package isn't. Does anyone know a ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Files on ipads

Hi there, Jamf newcomer here. Is there a way to put video files on all of our ipads from Jamf Pro. Eg, we want children to be able to narrate over a given video so will need the actual file, rather than a link to the youtube. Any ideas?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Application control

Hi All, We are currently looking to get to a level of security where users can only use self service to install anything.Currently if a user has admin rights its a free-for-all, but, we want users to be admins but still have application restrictions....  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos issues with BigSur

Hey guys hope you are all well coming up to Christmas. We have been having issues with Sophos popups on BigSur. i have followed all the steps Sophos recommend but we still get the pop ups i have attached out configs and the pop ups were getting  View more

f8a6f7f53a164ee18984c2d36d420f48 2acf702bc8f44cc9b3f1a59794764fbf 11f73865a596404481826b2fcc021ab8
  • 44 replies
  • 1 kudos

Stuck MDM profile on Big Sur

One of our MacBook Pros wasn't properly enrolled, and got the MDM profile installed but nothing else (i.e. no Jamf binary). In previous OSes I have been able to remove /var/db/ConfigurationProfiles from the Recovery Partition, but this is seemingly n...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

How the policy run according to the script result.

Hi everyone,I have a script and this script downloading some packages from Apple Server. There is also one more seperate standalone package. if the first download step is successful (script result 0) then standalone package should work via script. Ho...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Management Action

Hello. I am new to JAMF and learning the admin system console as I go. I am getting a "Management Action" message for Important Microsoft Outlook will quit in 15 minutes, etc. Been trying to figure out how the former admin employee set this up and ho...  View more

cc70bcb310e149dcb58f1e3e5919d60f
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keyboard layout

Hi! I am looking for a way to set a default keyboard layout for all users. We have about 50 imacs that currently have swedish and US english as default keyboard layouts. I wish to find a way to change this so that every computer and user has Swedish,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Signing a pkg (for use outside of MDM)

I am not the owner of our Apple Developer portal but had our admin create a Developer ID Installer (for installer packagers) certificate, which they provided and I installed the certificate on my Mac keychain, created a flat pkg in composer, and used...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro with Homebrew? possible for updates?

Good morning,I am unfortunately im new at Homebrew and hope here someone has experience with Jamf + Homebrew! Is it possible updates for programs like Firefox - Chrome etc. per Homebrew zuerteilen? I think of terminal commands that are distributed vi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf School - Automated Time Zone

Hi.Now that we have a MDM command to set the time zone on iOS Devices, this is a feature request :- In the Enrollment settings on one location, option to "Automatically Set Time Zone" and a menu to select a time zone- At enrollment, the MDM command i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Uninstall Netsweeper WebCheck

I was installing Netsweeper WebCheck (an Internet filter) to some student devices and I accidentally scoped some devices that I didn't want it installed on. I need to be able to uninstall it from those devices. I don't think the package was configure...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Full version of Big Sur

Anyone know how to download a full version of Big Sur? Seems like I only get the 25MB version which won't work to run the upgrade using Self Service. There is yet to be a Big Sur Patcher released.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Software Center

Hello, I noticed a couple weeks ago, that all devices have the "Managed Software Center" installed. It checks for updates when I open it and then errors out. The about says "https://www.munki.org/munki/ Managed Software Center". I can't even click on...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISO: Big Sur Startup Guide

Hey all, I see a lot of discussions regarding Big Sur and M1 issues. Wondering if anyone could provide a summary of how to best deploy Big Sur on M1 and non-M1 Macs in a Jamf environment. Maybe highlight some of the issues people may run into and how...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Symantec DLP Agent installation detection

I am looking for a solution for a smart computer group that will display the number of machines with the Symantec DLP agent installed. From what I can tell this runs under the 'edpa' process, but I am not finding any inventory data for Symantec DLP o...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors