Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

IOS 14 DNS Settings Payload

Has anyone tried using the DNS Settings payload for IOS? Its not working right for me, if the config is installed with Jamf Pro the DNS Settings stop working after 24 +/- hrs. But if its installed with Apple Configurator it works just fine.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Big Sur and Pre-Stage Enrollment

I have run into an issue with brand new Mac with Big Sur. They will not pick up the management profile from our Pre-Stage Enrollment so it will not prompt the user to acknowledge that the device is managed by our district and install the profile. I h...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud Sign in issues

Has anyone else been receiving verification failed error messages when trying to sign in to iCloud on an iOS device with a Managed Apple ID today? This is not happening for standard Apple IDs, but it's happening to all of our Managed Apple IDs right ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AirPrint on iOS

I'm not sure when this happened, but we have recently tried adding a new printer to our iPads using a Jamf Profile, but it will not work with a host name. It requires an IP address. We dug into the code and found that it is hard coded into the Java t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

jamf connect azure failure logs

Hi all, So we have JAMF Connect working perfectly in our company but the other day we noticed that there are 1000s of failure logs. Logging in through the login screen there is a successful login in the azure logs but after that there are failure log...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rosetta 2 Extension Attribute

Anyone happen to have an extension attribute written that detects whether or not Rosetta 2 is installed on the new M1 computers? This would help for deploying a policy to enable Rosetta on anything where it is currently disabled just in case an updat...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Mac Provisioner

I work at a College to where we receive in anywhere between 400 - 2000 systems back after fall then spring semesters. We were using Mac Provisioner to Erase and reload all of our returns to Catalina (T2 chips requiring to first boot using Command, R ...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock device that hasn't been powered on

Is it possible to lock a device that is currently still in prestage? We had a couple computers stolen over the holiday. One of them was signed into (using their real name lol) and we locked that one, but the other has yet to turn on. We'd like to pre...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Admin Server access denied

Hello, I am pretty new to JAMF. I am trying to get things set up and start pushing packages. When I try to log into the JAMF Admin software I encountered this obstacle. Can anyone offer some advice about how to resolve this issue? I work for a Federa...  View more

91a99491e3f24320b82eb21e6b44dace
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

M1 Macbook Air - Dep Notify Fails

Im trying to image a the new M1 MBA via pre-stage enrolment .. The enrolment is completed but DEP Notify failes to launch.. I do trigger the install of rosetta during enrolmen.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Native Apple Apps Big Sur

Has anyone had any issue with the native apps in big sur not being manage by jamf. The Option are not in the Mac App Store on jamf pro, also there is no area to see what apps are managed or unmanaged.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Mass Update - Existing iMacs, Not Prestaged

What is the recommended workflow for the following scenario? I would like to use the mass action update command on specific sets of iMac labs. However, the current configurations were developed a while ago and without the use of pre-stage enrollment....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Assessment and MAP testing error

My school district is investigating whether to use JAMF Assessment with the winter/spring NWEA MAP test. We've already run into a problem and was wondering if anyone else had run across this. When first opening up the app (which is configured to go t...  View more

dae943a40286464ab13878d4751b0043
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to migrate a mac and user to new domain

Hi Everyone, I'm currently working on the migration of 300 AD bound macs. The scenario is the following: -All 170 Macs are joined to old domain with network accounts and need to be migrated to the new domain without deleting their user data and makin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Signing .mobileconfig profile for Crowdstrike

Ive come across different threads that lead me no where. We were provided a .mobileconfig file from crowdstrike that has to be signed before uploading to JamfPRO. Could someone share some insight on how they may have accomplished this? Please. Ive tr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf DEP Enrollment Issues

We recently started using Jamf Cloud to manage our Macs at my company, and I've been having issues with some of the DEP Enrollments not finishing and not checking in after the enrollment, and I'm not sure how to diagnose this issue. Current process i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue demoting users

I used to have a pretty basic script that would revoke admin privileges to the logged in user but I noticed that it is no longer working. Here is what I've been using: if [[ `/usr/bin/dscl . read /Groups/admin GroupMembership | /usr/bin/grep -c $3` =...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Rosetta PreStage not working?

In PreStage Enrollments, I configured an enrollment package to install Rosetta with the script someone shared on this forum. The script is packaged with Composer: #!/bin/bash arch=$(/usr/bin/arch) if [ "$arch" == "arm64" ]; then echo "Apple Silicon -...  View more

baf53273c79240e3a7a2780938b04aa3
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

AnyConnect VPN (iOS Always-On) Not Staying On?

Morning All, While waiting on Jamf to fix a known pi with the "Per-app" VPN configuration I have deployed an "always on" vpn configuration. I've configured the profile to "not timeout", and am finding that the VPN is still disconnecting or turning of...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPS for Distribution Point on macOS

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to see if anyone had any success enabling HTTPS on macOS.All my DP's are macOS. On-Premise Jamf. I can see enabling Apache on macOS is straight forward but what exactly needs doing to the httpd-vhosts.conf & httpd-ssl.conf fi...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors