Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Application-Restriction not working in Big Sur

Hi, we have a pretty conservative configuration profile to only allow the user to launch apps from defined paths (for example "/Applications"). This works fine in macOS Catalina but now I have our first M1-Mac (wich comes with Big Sur) and it ignores...  View more

1bb2deea60d6447580ecc8a1cacf21d1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can I reuse Jamf Connect license file? and...

I'm thinking of testing Jamf Connect.I have a license (license file) for the production environment.The file is not used in the testing environment. Question1. Is it possible to reuse the license file in the test environment? (I suppose it's not poss...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEPNotify on M1: Image command not working

Has anyone ran DEPNotify on an M1 Mac and notice the Image command doesn't work? Just want to make sure it's not just me. I also notice in https://gitlab.com/Mactroll/DEPNotify/-/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md that DEPNotify was updated recently but the co...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zero-Touch/DEP

I'm curious if anyone works in an environment where zero-touch has a 100% (or incredibly close to) success rate. We are running into an issue where roughly 2 out of every 10 devices fail to reach the Remote Management page. Would love to find out wha...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Sibelius Sounds Package

i've got a 27GB Sibelius sounds package that i need to deploy to a suite Problem : Jamf only allows mac 20GB upload via the web the package is direct from Avid Sibelius Any ideas on how best to deploy it ?? Making it a ZIP hasn't helped it did nothin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preventing macOS Updates, Then Forcing Them

Hi, I am working to get my company up and running with Jamf Pro and I'm not sure how best to proceed. I want users to not be able to install any macOS updates, and for me to have control over when updates are installed. I was able to prevent a test m...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Malwarebytes Deployment and granting full access

We recently pushed Malwarebytes to our Mac computers but sometime after it was deployed to the Mac computers a "grant full access to the hard drive" Is there a way to automate this thru JAMF? we pushed this and it installed about 10 days ago so I am ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device appearing on iCloud

Hi, a device was attached to my iCloud account, called "Netboot001." Is this something hackers use to access people's systems. I deleted it, am asking because I've had a key logger installed in the past so want to make sure my system is secure, and w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use Apple products on enterprise networks

Dear Community, I would like to consult with you, based on your experience, how can be organized access to apple services on enterprise networks where internet traffic is only allowed through the proxy. Following Apple's recommendations for enterpris...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block Users/Admins from wiping computer

Hi there, I am looking for any insight or direction to block users from wiping their computers. Currently we have a department that likes to take it upon themselves to wipe their computers and start fresh whenever they run into a problem which result...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Naming Convention Search

Hello All, First time posting on here. Looking for a little help setting up either a smart group or advanced search to catch any computers on my network that haven't been given the correct name in our naming convention. Our naming convention is DMXXX...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

GlobalProtect IOS Install

Hi All, does anybody have a working XML for Palo Alto GlobalProtect on IOS? I can get the client installed but not configured at all. Palo support punted it saying it's not a supported MDM :(  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show keyboard input in top menu

Hi Guys am struggling with getting the keyboard input in the top menu (in macOS 10.15.x)when I do this in terminal it shows me the keyboard input/usr/bin/defaults write com.apple.TextInputMenu visible -bool truewhen I deploy it it doesn't happen, eve...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to delete static groups (by name or ID)

I have a number of static device groups that I need to delete (about 500 groups!).I have all of the exact group names and the group ID's.Could someone please help me with a script to load in these names or IDs and delete them in a batch? Thanks in ad...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors