Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 Installer Issue

Anyone getting the issue it just bounces in the dock then stops? It shows it’s still running under force quit, but the installerGUI never loads. I was able to get it to install via terminal. It downloaded officially from software update. Note this is...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office and Big Sur support

With the official release of Big Sur today, we're pleased to provide day one support with Office 365/2019 apps. For the best experience on Big Sur, upgrade to the 16.43 release that went live on November 10. Also note that 16.43 will be the last rele...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 8 kudos

Deploying Splashtop in Lab

Has anyone successfully implemented Splashtop in an unattended lab environment. Their instructions here seem suspect. https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042998132-Deployment-with-Jamf-Pro  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS update blocked even after removing jamf

Departing employees have the option to buy their computer equipment at a fraction of the cost. Our offboarding process includes removing JAMF and leaving a user account as an admin. We recently got a message stating that the user cannot upgrade their...  View more

7a6792e1b3c14733a386425a11d9da1e
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Profile for Lock Screen Message

I've configured a Configuration Profile to display a message with our client's phone number and the device's Asset Tag. In the event the device is found it can be returned to the owner. However, the devices aren't being updated with their Asset Tags,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to rename Apple TVs anymore.

Forgive me if this has been posted and I've missed it. I've found similar issues but all were a few years old. I'm on Jamf Pro 10.25.1-t1602899070. We have seemingly lost our ability to name mobile devices. Specifically Apple TV's in this case though...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Institutional Key - FileVault2

Good morning, I am looking for some documentation, or know how on using an Institutional Key to decrypt a MacOS Catalina Drive. I have followed the instructions left on this post: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/27222/filevault-2-institu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault - Institutional Key Decryption

Good morning, I am working on documenting & setting up FileVault in our organization using a Configuration Profile (versus the Disk Encryption Policy). It looks like everything has deployed correctly, and the Individual Keys are working correctly. Ho...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to create Login Banners for Catalina

I am trying to add a login banner for all computers I manage. I have tried the instructions on this link: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/24800/login-window-banner but it still won't show up. I don't know if Catalina has changed anything...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Lifting ignore commands

Below is what we currently use to lift the ignore command in Files and Processes. sudo softwareupdate --reset-ignored Is there a way to point to a particular ignored command? For instance, you have Big Sur and the latest 10.15.7 Supplemental update i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to add server folder to server address box

Hi,I have seen people talk about a plist that stores the server addresses in the go- connect to server - server address box.I can't seem to see a plist on any of my machines even if I add a server address manually.Any help appreciatedthanks  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Font Outlook Mac

HiWe use Mac and Windows with Outlook in our schoolIn the group policy I can configure default fonts for Windows How can I configure Default Fonts for Mac for all the users in the organization Kind regards,  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flow issue - User level config profile - certificate

I need some bright ideas, as I am a little stuck we Deploy User level config profiles for out 802.1x network (through adcs user certificates).So config profiles is scoped to all computers and the certificate are in keychain. But for some reason, if t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launch Install macOS $FLAVOR.app As Root

I seem to recall in previous years that you could run the following as a Self Service policy under a standard user, and the app would run as root and not require the user to enter admin credentials. open /Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app Has thi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Helper Deferral, Exceeded Deferral, Force Install

I managed to use the jHelper GUI to do the more basic things to notify the users but need a to see if anyone has a one size fits all for application deployment using Jamf Helper. Is there a way to force the the install of any application after they r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 MDM's what to do with VPP in ASM?

Hi All Have a question, currenlty have Jamf but also have intune after we inherited another site. Want to keep them on Intune for time being and they are in our portal but how do I link them to our VPP without messing up Jamfs one at the same time?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management -- Pending Commands -- Pending

i see these pending commands on bunch of computers, what is going on?Can someone explain whats happening or not happening?These are on iMacs that are currently not being used since we are working remotely.  View more

5cb7d07b3c1c4e70bd53d103a3a7aea2
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script exit code: 127

Caveat emptor: I'm new to Jamf and this is my first post here. I created a very simple script to change the computer name. I uploaded the script to Jamf Pro and created a policy to deploy the script. It works but Jamf reports it as a failure with thi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf on the new M1 chip macbooks?

Looks like Apple is all-in on switching to their ARM based M1 chip, you can't even buy the Intel macbook airs online anymore unless they're refurbished. Has anybody gotten their hands on one of these and run into any issues with existing config profi...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add asset tags on several Ipads

Hi, On JAMF school, it's not possible to add tags on several devices at one time (bulk action). This option is available on other MDM like Meraki and make easy to handle many things. My concern is to push a profile to all the student ipads upon enrol...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors