Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

How are student names loaded on devices?

My school enrolls ipads as non-shared 1 student per device. For the first time this year we have integrated the FACTs SIS with ASM, and then ASM with JAMF. That all is working, in that we can import a class just fine, and all the data comes across OK...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block macOS Public Beta Access Utility

Some of our users have admin access on their systems. What's the best way to block macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.pkg? I can't block it under restrictions as a process. That would be the installer process ... Any input on ensuring beta profiles are not...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS End-user Training

We have some non-IT staff who need some general interactive MacOS training. They can't really use the free self study introduction courses as these courses show them a lot of items we have locked down.So I'm looking for some sort of interactive onlin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

iPad kiosk options for displaying PDF?

I've been tasked with setting up a few iPads that are locked down to only show a single PDF. So far I've been able to preload the PDF onto a test iPad through Jamf and have it appear in the library of the Books app. I can then set the Books app to si...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error with git2jss

I'm attempting to use the git2jss python package from PIP to sync a git repository with my scripts on the JSS server. I get the following: pip install git2jss git2jss --jss-info Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/bin/git2jss", line 7...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox 79.0 Patch Definition issue

It looks like Mozilla changed the System Requirements for Firefox between version 78.x and 79.0. Firefox 79.0 requires macOS 10.12 or newer. Firefox 78.0 required macOS 10.9 or newer. The 79.0 patch definition from Jamf does not reflect this change. ...  View more

5a2006d64b884f21a27bac62c220ba71
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

List Computer Groups in Alphabetical Order When Scoping

My Static Computer Groups are obviously in alphabetical order. But when scoping a policy, under Computer Groups they are not listed in alphabetical order but instead appear to be in the order they were created. I'd show you a screenshot but there a l...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Local Admin and Password

Hey guys Hope you are all staying safe. We are in the process of splitting away from an old company and i get the build jamfpro from the ground up. What i am trying to accomplish is, on enrolment a local admin account is created with a randomly gener...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with Guest account in Catalina

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same issues we are. Ever since updating to Catalina, our guest account keeps getting disabled on our iMacs. We have to go in manually and untick and retick the guest account before you can log in as guest. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile App Read Device Serial Number

Is it possible to build a mobile app to get the device serial number from JAMF? I have built a mobile app that is doing some basic stuff with JAMF API, and I would like to have the serial number hard coded so users do not mess it up. I am just not su...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing sort by tabs in view

So this morning after the update when i go into Jamf and try to view any of my profile view logs it starts to load with all my tabs but then.... doesn't. anyone else seeing this behavior?  View more

d87a88f16f7e4198ab6545c17c755452 996f51da5c3340c1b71f5df9f8191967
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service iPad app doesn't install.

Hello all, I've got a simple app that I purchased (free) through Volume Purchase Program - Smart Screen Share. Basically an app needed to share screen from iPad to Smart Board. When a teacher presses on the app in Self Service to install it, it spins...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pending patch installations count

Hey all! I am trying to find a way to "delicately nudge" our users to open Self Service and execute available updates and the standard notifications aren't doing the trick because they aren't arriving to the users. So I though I could come up with a ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to use osascript in JAMF script.

We use several mac minis as caching servers in some of my company's locations around the world. To be able to access them remotely, we need our screensharing utility (Bomgar) to be approved in Security & Privacy > Screen Recording. It is important th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to make an AppleScript into Shell

With our upcoming one-to-one I'm trying to make the first login as easy as possible. So I'm wanting to have this AppleScript run to open Safari and then click on the extensions preference pane so the user can click on the checkbox. It works when I te...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Code42 CrashPlan Extension Attributes v8.2 + 2020

Working on revamping all the EAs for Code42 CrashPlan to be compatible in 2020 version 8.2+ @jamf is there a way we can get the CrashPlan (now Code42) Templates all updated with these revised EAs? I will be updating this post in the next 24-48 hours ...  View more

c5796c29f6e544b9b66e01b76f032252
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors