Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Deploy Adobe Connect

We had a request to deploy adobe connect, but the installer is a DMG and .app file, has anybody gotten an install method for it? looks like there's a script in the .app package, but I don't see any instructions anywhere on how to do it on the Mac.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gathering LDAP Group Information

So I know how to scope to an LDAP group using the Limitations function, but I am clueless on how to do anything else with these. Is there any way to leverage the AD connection to gather group info and create inventory data to use with smart groups? I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Faronics Insight Student on iMacs

I am brand new to Jamf and trying to learn on the fly. I need to install Insight Student app on 90 iMacs as soon as possible. I was able to create the package in composer and then create the policy to push it out and it completed but will not run pro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enroll to new Jamf Pro

My team is in the midst of migrating machines from our current Jamf Pro Server (ver 10.7) which is on a physical machine to our new Jamf Pro Server (ver 10.22.1) which is a VM in our data centre. We have tried using Jamf Migrator but we realized that...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome browser user profile reset

Hello, I would like to figure out a way to automatically delete/reset chrome sign-in data or profiles each time its closed, or the computer is shutdown. I have a few macbooks that are shared amongst many students, and they often times than not forget...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OVPN per user file distrobution

Hi everyone,We are moving to AWS VPN Client(OpenVPN) and I was hoping to distribute the per user ovpn config files via Jamf Pro. Could anyone point to resources for how to do this? I have searched the forums but have not found anything really relevan...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 4 kudos

Application Permissions

Hi Guys, I've tried creating a few packages in composer to deploy, and I don't think I'm doing the permissions right. Should it be owner - root, and group - wheel? Thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Printer Static IP Address Change

I'm rebuilding the network from the ground up and as part of that, the subnet structure has changed. All the static IPs of our printers need to be updated on end user machines. Is there an easy way to do this, or will I just need to redeploy all the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

what is your new hire/onboarding setup guide for ADE Mac?

I am curious to see examples or templates others have created that you may hand out or ship to users with their new Macs. what kind of basic set-up instructions do you send? Outside a nice 2-step sticky note  Our Windows/PC team prints and sends (ne...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

DEP Notify & Catalina

All of my policies are pushing out correctly in my policy array but the DEP Screen isn't popping up on users' machines. This worked fine with my High Sierra and Mojave machines but not for Catalina. Anything I need to do for Catalina?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intune to Jamf Cloud

In the process of moving our entire environment of about 2000 Macs from Intune to Jamf Cloud. I'm essentially at the point where I can deploy new systems just fine with Jamf. The daunting part I'm looking at is going to be getting all of our existing...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hardware check in and check out notifications

I think I remember reading about a way to get notified when a computer is used whether by policy check in or possibly when a user logs in yet I can't find it.We have a self service area for loaner laptops and I'd like to track their usage.Any help is...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detect Enterprise Versions of Applications

I need to move our users over to using the enterprise version of Chrome and Zoom. Has anyone found a way to determine whether the app that's installed is enterprise or not? Our users have freedom to install apps and might not go through self service....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 Macintosh HD icons in Catalina

Hello! When we run the CIS 10.15 hardening guide, the user sees 2 Macintosh HD icons on the desktop. I'm aware of the changes with Catalina on splitting System volume and Data volume. At first I thought it had to do with the Jamf config profile/Finde...  View more

137b6cfb6ecb4dd49f61c03ec918bb1f
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs joined to Active Directory

When a Mac joins our Active Directory, 31 computer attributes are populated but does anyone know which attributes get updated after a computer binds to Active Directory? For example, the operatingSystem and operatingSystemVersion attributes populate ...  View more

8eadf9d40f4b43bb85336e4643fafb1e
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and the new MacBook Airs

Hello everybody! Of all the new MB Airs that we receive at our university, 95% of them are very stubborn and don't want to go thru the DEP process. They go thru the setup process like a regular Apple Store bought Mac.If we restart in the System Resto...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Adobe CC apps

Hi all I'm trying to decide the best route with updating our Adobe suit applications, We are issued packages by a different company so we don't have access to the enterprise packager (and we don't use named CC accounts). Our users do not have admin r...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configure Dock for Jamf School

Aloha,I have followed the directions here for creating a dock configuration profile.https://support.jamfschool.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002303374-Configure-macOS-dock I was able to install google chrome as a package and create the dock application li...  View more

b3d980c695e944c3a1b24c2b1ee8531b
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Teradici PCoIP Client

Anyone had any luck creating a PPPC profile for the Teradici PCoIPClient.app ? I am not having a problem deploying the .app, I basically have a policy to place PCoIPClient.app in /tmp and then copy the .app into the /Applications folder. PCoIPClient....  View more

7113aae5961646c7b2e84098352f794a c1a27468d2574a5583f714e510b1faac 38f3317747914858b039ee5d4c8ad067 604707022cb14210bf7a9bd35edfe139
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x config script questions

Hello, So we are configuring ISE in our environment and we cant use scep to automate it because security wont let us open the ports down to the internal scep server. so i just setup the config profile and added our ISE certs etc... the issue is the u...  View more

48e3d7d522994f16935cdcfb63ba7aea
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

EAP TLS Cert for Wifi

Looking to implement EAP TLS User based Certs for Wifi. We have WPA2 Enterprise and our Macs not bound to AD. I have the certs from SCEP Server already on the machine. I've read several discussion on here regarding it and most of them are conflicting...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors