Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Remote Create mobile account at login

So we're all remote yet may still be hiring and may need to roll out new hardware.All of our Macs are bound to AD and all users are mobile accounts.My question is how do I remotely have a user login to create a mobile account at login when outside ou...  View more

72da2550dfd448eaa345dbd61bb808d6
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

LAPS fails on Catalina 2020 MacBook Pro

We have been using LAPS to reset our local admin password on a daily basis using https://github.com/NU-ITS/LAPSforMacI noticed that now all machines running Catalina fail with the attached error related to permission. Any comments?  View more

34a71c970e574467a992b098e0ed2ac3
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles / Directory

Hi,we want to add a network link as vfiler.xxxx.xx/room01 with a configuration profile.Directory : Active DirectoryServer hostname : username : totopassword : verify password : ** It not works.We must add the Mac in Active Directory domain to resolve...  View more

7442eddde0c545f09bab2e6c2cbed1a6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DSCL limitations on user accounts

As a software developer, I am working on a macOS app in which one of the features is to check if a user has a password enabled or not. Recently I stumbled across the command dscl . -authonly $(id -un) "" , this command seems to give the desired resul...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Unreal Engine?

Does anyone know of a way other than Composer of creating a .pkg package containing folders to be installed at specific locations? I'm trying to package the latest Unreal Engine for installation on our Media Department's Macs. Epic doesn't provide an...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete

Started a thread, found an answer elsewhere with more searching, now can't delete. So I am editing to avoid duplication. Maybe allow people to delete posts without replies?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Trying to discover the source of a policy delay

Having difficulty with self service, and policies on a machine. When attempting to restart the computer it'll hang at the checking for policy page indefinitely until I force shutdown the laptop. Self Service will take an exceedingly long time to open...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forticlient VPN Profile - Automatically import

I am trying to automatically import the Forticlient VPN Profile. I believe I found the file (/Library/Application Support/Fortinet/FortiClient/conf/vpn.plist) to replace. Every time I replace it, the file is overwritten and creates a new vpn.plist. I...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

office 2016 uninstall script wanted

Anyone have or know where i can get a good office 2016 uninstall script? I see a handful around but they all are different. Some look to just remove the /applications and user folders related to office 2016, while others remove /applications, user fo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Teams Settings

Has anyone a idea how to do settings for the Microsoft Teams app for every user to allow screensharing on Teams? Best regards. Ralph  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulse Secure host checker?

Hi Guys, We are getting ready to deploy Pulse Secure to our Mac systems. Is there recommended process that host checker should look for to verify a system has our Jamf MDM installed and ultimately allow the connection? Hopefully this question makes s...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Carbon Black Response - config profile

Hi, has anyone had any success creating a config profile to bypass the kext warning for Carbon Black Response? I opened a tix with them and got some info, did some steps on my own, but looks like we are still missing some info? https://community.carb...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't add computer to Static Group

Hi, I typically enroll machines to Jamf and then add them to a couple of static groups. This usually goes fine. I enroll, they show up in inventory and then when I go to the static group I see the machine next to an unchecked box and can add them. Th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome blocking .mobileconfig download

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but I just found Chrome to be blocking the download of .mobileconfig files from our Jamf Pro server. Particularly problematic for Self Enrollments. It's easy enough to force the download. If you see the D...  View more

bc514ec226594c59b7bbfba0dda66839
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create a custom attribute for Citrix Files

Hi Everyone, I am looking to create a custom attribute to display "Citrix Files" version and was able to get the version by typing the following command: "mdls -name kMDItemVersion /Applications/'Citrix Files.app'" Any good documentation on how to di...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Dock layout claims 'duplicate'?

I have a simple device profile using the Restrictions. I have allowed only two apps, one of them (Firefox) on page 1, and the second (Settings) on page 2. When I try to add Firefox to the Dock, I get a message 'duplicate', and when saving the profile...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

softwareupdate becoming deprecated?

With Apple deprecating softwareupdate --ignore to block upgrade popups, how is everyone blocking these popup notifications moving forward? This was a major help to avoid user annoyance when we were testing the new OS versions in our environment befor...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

migration assistant in a jamf / mdm world

I've never been a fan of using migration assistant for anything, not for any particular reason, I just have it in my head that any kind of migration from the old system is going to bring with it any problems to the new system. Not to mention, I see t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

PreStage Enrollment profile not refreshing

Hello all. I'm new to JamF. I created my first pre-stage enrollment profile. The Mac did pick it up but I'm in the process of testing and tweaking it. After any change it does not refresh. It says last refresh was yesterday. I clone it and then it re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symatec DLP 15.7 install notification loop

I recently built a package for DLP 15.7 and started testing the install seems to work fine but after i get a notification from JAMF management notification "Symantec DLP will require a reboot to become fully functional please reboot at your soonest c...  View more

4c031902b2964ac4b8f945e7caafb92c
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Deferred Enablement

Hi, It seem that some people have deferred enablement enabled so FileVault 2 wont store the key in JAMF. It shows as Deferred Enablement Status:True Is there a way to force that off so it prompts for FileVault?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors