Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Can't register Balsamiq Wireframes with Jamf

If I install Balsamiq on a MAC via Jamf Pro and execute the command local on the MAC in the terminal:/Applications/Balsamiq Wireframes.app/Contents/MacOS/Balsamiq Wireframes --register "KEY" then Balsamiq Wireframes is registered and I see that it ex...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create iCloud Account

Hi! We need to have more control over our computers because they are disappearing and we cannot block them.Does anyone know if it is possible to create an icloud account for all our computers with our administrator user via configuration profile or s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Lost Mode - API Question

I’m trying to enable lost mode and play sound on a group of iPads. I’ve found a way to enable lost mode, but I can’t figure out how to also send play sound command. xmlData=" EnableLostMode $lostModeMsg $lostModePhone $i See here for full scri...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

CA Certificate

I need someone help I noticed today that my CA Certificate on the certificate Details section is giving me the description but also gives me an error saying Not found in keychain  View more

25fb6e406d614a488cb8e3a7626add25
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

End of year device release - iPadOS

Hello, We are in the midst of releasing school issued iPads to the ownership of their graduating students. In previous years our process was as follows.1. Collect devices from students.2. Release devices from DEP/ASM.3. Wipe device.4. Return to stude...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf manual renewal

hi there, Is it safe to assume that I can update my current jamf license key with renewal activation key for my jamf instance? Also, for the entire renewal process these are these the only steps that I need to take? update activation license key in j...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

API for Asset Tag

I a building a custom mobile app for our team to be able to add a location based on the mobile devices asset tag. I have looked at the api, and I have found a way to update the location of a device using the serial number. Is there a way, beside doin...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

API Questions

I am trying to build a custom mobile app to add location information for our devices using the asset tags of the mobile device. Basically enter the asset tag, then select the location and it puts the location information in for that asset tag. I can ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to manually create a WADL file from an xml page?

Hello,i'm facing an issue when trying to consume in BODS data from Jamf through an xml page (the xml page brings back in real time the data contained in a report created in jamf). I used "SoapUI by SmartBear Open Source edition" to import the wadl fi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF API to Change Building Location

I am looking to build an internal application for my team so some non technical support people can change the building location of our assets. Looking at the API it seems very confusing. What is the best way to handle this?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf + SCCM Workflow

Hello everyone! I manage about 100+ Mac Minis and image them with Windows 10 + MacOS using BootRunner and BootCamp. We're planning on upgrading to newer 2018 Mac Minis from our 2012 Mac Minis, which feature the T2 chips that pretty much killed imagin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable stealthmode using terminal

All, I'm trying to run the following command but it's not having the expected effect. Am I missing something? sudo /usr/libexec/ApplicationFirewall/socketfilterfw --setstealthmode off Thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

API to change Building of iOS device

Given a devices Asset# is it possible to change the building assigned to the asset? I am building a super simple app that will basically be enter asset tag, enter building number, push button - success. The documentation for both assigning a building...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Authenticator App

Does the Intune Cloud Connector provide the ability to utilize the MS Authenticator while systems are still enrolled in Jamf Pro? From what I know so far, that is only possible if systems are enrolled in Intune.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check whether AD Domain Controllers are responding

We have quite a few AD Domain controllers. I recently was investigating logon delays so one thing I was looking at was whether all the Domain Controllers could be reached. Each of the following in terminal returned the same list of servers from DNS: ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf binding AD

When binding LDAP Servers in Jamf, in the third step "Enter Credentials", after filling in the "Domain" "Username" "Password" information, prompt me "Could not find user".I am using the administrator and password in AD.Have you encountered this probl...  View more

a2636df0a37645bba0b67300769d6779
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Filevault Account with Jamf Connect

We're moving to Jamf Connect from AD. In the past we've had issues with Filevault and password syncing. To solve this we created a local account that was filevault enabled. This way we can get back in, remove the affected user from being filevault en...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service one touch deploy macOS Catalina

I create the following command in the 'files and processes' and get the following result. Same command used in the zero one touch deployment instruction. anyone see something wrong? Running command '/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/R...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.15.5 & VPN Menu

Hey Everyone, Our users that are upgrading to 10.15.5 are experiencing an issue where their VPN connections are no longer visible from the VPN Menu bar. The profiles are there, and credentials are still stored in keychain but if we reset PRAM and boo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

macOS configprofile Restrictions Allow Apps

Hi, we are new to Jamf Pro, coming from an AppleProfileManager-Installation.By default we prohibit starting Apps from any unknown directories on the Mac. But we had TeamViewer and some other Apps whitelisted by the App itself (problably by App-ID): H...  View more

75bd0b0e861a4d458368fff51828dac9 795166ba663c4105a3e2842475f90277
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors