Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

NetSUS 5.0.1

We just set up a NetSUS (RHEL 7) and it ran out of space. I read about the repoutil but using the find command came up with nothing. Any help is appreciated.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

hiding running app from Dock

we're deploying a VPN client that has both a Dock icon and menu bar icon. I want to hide the Dock icon when it's running. I searched and found that this can be accomplished by using Plistbuddy to add a key to the Info.plist in the app bundle. /usr/li...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slice Catalina (or big apps) installers

Hi, Due to the COVID-19 crisis I'm facing difficulty with users which have a very poor bandwidth. Since we cant resume download I was wondering if some of you tried to slice the installer and then push it part by part using policies Lets say cut Cata...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sync AD Login Password Off-Campus

Now that we're working remotely due to COVID, I'm starting to run into the issue of AD password changes not syncing. All our Macs are bound to our AD. Users change their passwords every 120 days, and normally they have a wired connection to the netwo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy BeyondTrust with Jamf

BeyondTrust is telling us that the only way the "support deployment is through ARD." We are not huge fans of ARD. Has anyone been able to deploy with Jamf and the provided DMG? If so do you mind sharing how.  View more

• 50 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Profile - Not verified. Looking for suggestions.

Hello, I'm using Jamf Pro 10.15.1 and have some Macs showing up in a Smart Group as the MDM Profile not being verified. Some of the end users are working from home via VPN. My JSS is on-prem and is NOT in the DMZ. So, outside of them connecting to ou...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting email account from Office 365 Ipads

Right we have around 25 Ipads for one department that were all signed out by 1 department Head.Now all of the Ipads are being used by staff/students and most are using Teams and the Office365 apps.This means they will be logged into theese services w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

parse package install exit code to post script

Hey Jamf Folks. Is there a way to parse the overall package install exit code to a post/after script. Just want to run different actions if package installation was successfully or not. Thanks you for some recommendations!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Servers - Netsus install

Clearly I'm missing something. I've got a Netsus 5.0.1 install with 1 Branch currently setup. How can I configure this server within jamf pro (Server Infrastructure/Software Update Servers). I seem to only be able to enter the server address and a po...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log out tech account after 2 days

I was looking for a script to log out a specific local account that has been logged in for 2 days. Use case would be when our techs don't log out after working on a machine.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CreateMobileAccount using Self Service

hey all, i'm trying to utilize: /System/Library/CoreServices/ManagedClient.app/Contents/Resources/createmobileaccount -n to prompt the user for the said parameter "-n" by using Self Service. Currently what i have is: #!/bin/sh un=`/usr/bin/osascript ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error running script via Policy on end-user Mac

Hi all - I have a small issue.Background - our organization pumped out the JAMF Enrol process to our existing fleet of Mac's via the old (now decommissioned) Mac Management System (not used anymore). This process was 100% successful in getting the Ma...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there an api rate limit using hosted Jamf pro?

I'm working on speeding up some scripts by threading my calls instead of running things in serial. I'm not seeing any officially listed rate limit, but want to be respectful at the same time. Anyone know of a rate limit or guidance for a hosted Jamf ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Need Help - Jamf AD CS Connector with Jamf Cloud

So I have been working with my cert experts and I'm trying to get Jamf AD CS Connector working to issue machine certs to our Macs and iPads but after I have all the information entered into Jamf after setting up the connector on an internal Windows 2...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Apple Updates

What's the best way to force supplemental updates? I would love to know how you guys are doing this.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Nation Redeploy Initiative

Hello Jamf Nation! As we all know, COVID-19 is causing an unbelievable amount of stress on hospital systems and education institutions across the globe. In many cases this is creating a few very difficult situations: Healthcare organizations are havi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 14 kudos

One bucket for Multiple Jamf instances

Good Morning everyone, we are currently upgrading to multiple jamf instances so the idea rised that we could use one AWS Bucket for multiple instances, i cant find anything related to this anywhere so is this a new idea(wich i doublt) or is it just n...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using the profiles command in 10.15.4

I've been using "profiles -I -F /tmp/file.mobileconfig" to install a profile manually for years. Now I'm getting the following when trying to push it out via ARD, as root, to several computers: Enter the admin user name:Error: Missing user name.profi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors