Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is simple Finder available in Catalina?

Is simple Finder available in Catalina? Question Simple Finder is a stripped down version of Finder that basically removes a lot of UI features and functionality. It's been an option in OSX/MacOS for years under Parental Controls, Server and through ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

inventory (recon) storage discrepency

After inventory (recon) is collected i check the storage space available from the 'recon'. Then i go to the actual mac and see if it is accurate, but it is not accurate. here is a sample outcome i am getting---- recon shows capacity 251.0GB --> 15.05...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Setup

I am setting up Jamf for the first time in my Org. We are connecting with Azure AD. I have my jump start in two weeks and I have a little confusion around if "my AD is externally facing" and if not "I need to set up Jamf Infrastructure Manager" befor...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scheduling rebooting of machines

I have seen bunch of scripts online but if someone has a working script which can deploy will be very helpful. I am looking a script which checks the last reboot of the machines. Then it would check if the reboot occurred less than 7 days or not. If ...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 2 kudos

Catalina SSO Website authentication

Using the new SSO extensions in 10.15, has anyone been able to utilize to authenticate websites? I've been able to get it to work as far as how Enterprise Connect worked with syncing AD credentials, but I'd like to see if it was possible to authentic...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS behavior I cannot figure out

Let me first qualify this question with the fact that I am not as proficient on the iOS side of JAMF as I am with macOS and only manage a couple of handfuls of iOS devices. I have a small group of users that have managed iPad Pros. They are having an...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate Mobile Account into Admin

Hi All Probably a question asked in many different ways. All the Macs in our environment are bound to AD & logged in as Mobile Accounts.Is there a script without logging in as admins to make that that end user as an admin? If so any solutions would b...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AV for iOS?

Hello, Does anyone actually deploy antivirus for mobile / iOS devices? example: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/security-connector/index.html I fully understand this sandboxing & how it limits effectiveness If you do use AV I'd like t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

IOS Safari "Restricted Site" messages

On our student iPads we are having messages pop-up in IOS Safari saying "You cannot browse this page at 'fill in the blank' because it is restricted." So far they have been blocked by a Google form and a link inside Google doc to a BuzzFeed article. ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Standart User to Admin? Or Create New User?

Hey, I've got a problem with a Macbook,I have a home office employee who needs an admin account. How can I upgrade his default user to an admin with Jamf levels? Or can I create a new account via Jamf that is an Admin User?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Reset & Setup question

Hi guys, As I am sure a lot of you guys are, we are scrambling to get people working remotely as much as possible during this crazy time. One of the things we are trying to do is reallocate iPads to staff that don't have laptops etc. We have a mix of...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

zscaler app with options.

Hi Everyone - just looking for some advice on getting zscaler to install with some command line options as illustrated here:https://help.zscaler.com/z-app/customizing-zscaler-app-install-options-macos Basically, i can get this work just fine on a mac...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Terminated Remote employees need file access

My company has recently had to furlough, lay off, terminate (whatever you want to call it) some remote employees with company hardware. Some of those employees had personal data on those company computers. We have locked the computers via Jamf passco...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Utility - Allowing Zoom app to control computer

Hello, I'm using the PPPC Utility to create a Config Profile to allow the Zoom app in the "Accessibility" section. I've created the config profile, and it's installing on my test computer without an error. However, the check mark still doesn't show u...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Targus DisplayLink

We have deployed Targus docks and with them Targus' DisplayLink software. The app needs access to screen recording feature of macOS. I need to pre-approve this for app. Using the PPPC utility, I only option I have is to deny it. Leaving it blank, cau...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

/current is HUGE help!

Need some help. One of our iMacs is alerting that the HD is almost full. When I go to terminal and sudo then do a du -sh * the results show /current is 859GB. When I look at the contents of /current I see what looks like a duplicate directory as root...  View more

4f06c12de9b3499abd9380e5d3980310
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Monitoring

Is there a way to monitor what apps have been added to PPPC and are active? I have not used the PPPC utility - our users were manually added to the Security & Privacy Preferences.Thanks for any assistance,  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Software / Zoom

Hi, We've been working from home in NYC for 2 weeks already and I've been using Zoom to request remote control on laptops. Some teachers are using Zoom to have meetings with their students (specifically Lower School students) but majority of the scho...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Update 2020-002 for macOS Mojave

What is the best practice method of deploying SecUpd*.pkgs through Jamf when not using Apple's Software Update functionality? Does anyone have any tips on how to successfully install Mojave's SecUpd2020-002Mojave.pkg from the downloaded DMG when depl...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Manifests

Can someone help me understand why when I am attempting to upload a manifest file to jamf pro disto, it tells me it failed to upload because the file extension is not allowed? The manifest was created with composer. Shouldn't it upload with zero issu...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN.DNS

Hi Guys We set up a new VPN infrastructure using IKEV2 and provision profiles (ad cert and vpn config) using JAMF. Now when the provide these profiles the DNS and search domains are still empty. Is there a way to provide these as well, or script it. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HELP with Chrome Version 80

I been having an issue with Google Chrome. No matter how I try to push Chrome it will not open I have in the sharing and permissions it does not list the owner of the device. When I manually add it it works.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Ghost" Keychain entry

Had a couple login keychains that had gotten created when doing an AD password update. I was able to successfully move all keychains back into the original login.keychain-db but when I tried to delete the other two I am left with "ghost" entries wher...  View more

c53a7427dc034824805fdfbbcd0f9751
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote View / Control of iOS devices

Does anyone have any efficient methods in place for remote viewing / control of iOS devices? Other MDM's offer this option but Jamf does not. It is very important to have this functionality available so I am have to look at alternative solutions. If ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors