Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Profil de configuration - Contrôle parentale sur mac

Bonjour, je suis actuellement entrain de bloquer des accès à des sites web via le contrôle parental. Je me suis rendu compte qu'il était possible de le contourner en ajoutant le site web via l'ordinateur qui possède la restriction en utilisant le mot...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to Uninstall Zoom

This community has been helpful for me in setting up Jamf in our small 40 person company, so I wanted to give back with a script you may find helpful. With the recent security and privacy issues around Zoom, our organization decided to ban Zoom from ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 8 kudos

Script to update user info via API

I have an an issue where I need to update some user fields in the API but I don't really know where to start. In summary, I need to loop through all users and for every user whose 'managed_apple_id' field is blank/null I need to copy the data from th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where do I get HP Printer Drivers to download?

You can get HP printer drivers to download from the HP site. It consists of a simple process, and here we will give you line by line guidance for you to start downloading.• To start with HP Printer Driver Download, at first, you have to reach the HP ...  View more

89393454578e43ff8dd3fe51f3e287a5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zscaler help

My security dept. want to implement Zscaler on our Mac's to secure the VPN tunneling. So I have the workflow to install it but now they are coming back wanting me to disable IP V6 on the Mac's. I checked with Apple and Apple says that not a good idea...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

CIS Apple macOS 10.15 Benchmark

Hi!!! For your information, finally we have the new versions for macOS 10.14 and 10.15 https://www.cisecurity.org/benchmark/apple_os/ I contacted with CIS and they are already working to include the new xml benchmark under CIS CAT tool  View more

• 11 replies
  • 7 kudos

Hiding Wi-Fi Icon from Menu Bar

Has anyone ran across a solution to hide the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar on Catalina? Disabling Wi-Fi was an easily-fulfilled request but hiding the icon is proving to be challenging. I've ran through the suggestions linked below, but nothing has been...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

uninstall zoom outlook plugin?

I've been looking for a way to silently uninstall the zoom outlook plugin but everything I see is just running the uninstall.app. Is that the only viable option (remote connect and uninstall) or is there a better way to do it?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

JDK 14 not working with Jamf Pro 10.19

Hi Everyone, I was curious to if anyone else is having an issue installing Jamf Pro with JDK 14. It asks for Java 11 but SE is only at 8 currently. JDK is at 14 but is not recognized for some reason with Jamf even after install. Any tips?  View more

0e37f60b211c48bdb782e47bd472f39b
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom IOS App configuration

I wanted to share my configuration XML for those wanting to rollout zoom to IOS and lock it down. I am working through Zoom's documentation here:Using MDM to configure Zoom on iOS The following is the configuration I used: SetSSOURL yourdomain SetEm...  View more

01a278446e964745b80f9678a42ea05d
  • 35 replies
  • 3 kudos

Management/Admin Account Removed After Catalina Update

Hello all! Please forgive me in advance if not enough details get provided here, don't be afraid to ask me questions!! We are now going through our enterprise and updating Macs on High Sierra/Mojave up to Catalina (remotely, of course). With the Macs...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

upgrading to 10.20 from 10.12

I'm planning to upgrade to 10.20 from 10.12. This requires upgrading to java 11 first then an incremental upgrade to 10.14 before upgrading to 10.20. That's fine. I can do that.What I'm confused about is the system requirements page for upgrading to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Control Location Services

Once location services has been allowed, any app can request permission to get the systems location. I've been trying to use Composer to find out where those settings get stored but haven't had any luck. Does anyone know where that's set? I'd like to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

mobile hotspot restrictions

Hey all, For use during the Corona Crisis, we purchased some iPhones to use as hotspots for staff with inadequate internet service at home. This will be my first foray into iOS devices in Jamf. I wanted to set them up so they can only be used as hots...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.21 Beta 2 is Now Available

Jamf Pro 10.21 Beta 2 contains new fixes along with Policy Deferral Improvements, External Patch Sources Security Enhancements, and Configuration Profiles User Interface Improvements As always, there's a lot more to this release which is covered in t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

VPN Before Login

My organization is looking for ways to make our deployment workflow completely zero-touch as a response to the COVID-19 crisis. A little background: All of our Macs are bound to a domain. It is a large educational organization with multiple child dom...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault 2 macOS Catalina Loop

Thanks for the help.I'm facing my last problem with File Vault 2, the Macbooks ask for the password after each power off because File Vault 2 need to be activated.I would like jamf to take over the management of the recovery keys."FileVault Recovery ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Setup Assistant Preferences (Skip Screens)

Hey All, I wrote a new blog post that I feel is relevant to this community. Have a look if it interests you. A technical look at why managing macOS Setup Assistant doesn't work the way you may expect: https://www.aarondavidpolley.com/macos-setup-assi...  View more

6039562055bf4780a8643f9f8325960f
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors