Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

adding a URL to a chrome extension

Good Day, We have an issue adding a URL to a chrome extension. Can someone perhaps share possible way to achieve this. On Windows we did the below.The following two extension policies must be set. (see Chrome policy doc)adminMode = falsefetchUrl = ht...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

HP TechPulse/DaaS

Does anybody use this software, or have any experience deploying it via Jamf? I'm particularly interested in automatically setting the user ID and company PIN etc., as well as disabling the 'Quit' button if possible.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ThousandEyes

Anyone in JAMFnation use it? Pros Cons? How bad is it to implement and have you seen any degradation on the Mac's? Thanks in advance.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect - Pre-stage imaging

Hi All, Im working on implementing JAMF Connect Login with pre-stage imaging but I can see a issues where it wont skip the user account creation although I have it selected to skip that stage.. any ideas?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to remove mobile configuration

I have pushed a config profile to my macOS devices to restrict certain settings. It pushed successfully but after the fact there are devices I need to free up from these restrictions. I un-scoped them from the config but the restrictions are still pr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

defaults write firefox

Hello, Looking over this page it says you can use the defaults command to deploy settings to firefox. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/managing-policies-osx-desktops. I created the script below but keep getting a "no such file or directory" (see ...  View more

4f8a009531ac4d299176660bb548ddb8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Anti-Virus not populating AutoUpdate fields

Fresh installations of Sophos on Active Directory bound mac's are not populating the AutoUpdate settings in our environment. We have a Sophos Enterprise console hosted on Windows Server. The windows machines are working fine. This was working fine la...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is simple Finder available in Catalina?

Is simple Finder available in Catalina? Question Simple Finder is a stripped down version of Finder that basically removes a lot of UI features and functionality. It's been an option in OSX/MacOS for years under Parental Controls, Server and through ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

inventory (recon) storage discrepency

After inventory (recon) is collected i check the storage space available from the 'recon'. Then i go to the actual mac and see if it is accurate, but it is not accurate. here is a sample outcome i am getting---- recon shows capacity 251.0GB --> 15.05...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Setup

I am setting up Jamf for the first time in my Org. We are connecting with Azure AD. I have my jump start in two weeks and I have a little confusion around if "my AD is externally facing" and if not "I need to set up Jamf Infrastructure Manager" befor...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scheduling rebooting of machines

I have seen bunch of scripts online but if someone has a working script which can deploy will be very helpful. I am looking a script which checks the last reboot of the machines. Then it would check if the reboot occurred less than 7 days or not. If ...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 2 kudos

Catalina SSO Website authentication

Using the new SSO extensions in 10.15, has anyone been able to utilize to authenticate websites? I've been able to get it to work as far as how Enterprise Connect worked with syncing AD credentials, but I'd like to see if it was possible to authentic...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS behavior I cannot figure out

Let me first qualify this question with the fact that I am not as proficient on the iOS side of JAMF as I am with macOS and only manage a couple of handfuls of iOS devices. I have a small group of users that have managed iPad Pros. They are having an...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate Mobile Account into Admin

Hi All Probably a question asked in many different ways. All the Macs in our environment are bound to AD & logged in as Mobile Accounts.Is there a script without logging in as admins to make that that end user as an admin? If so any solutions would b...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AV for iOS?

Hello, Does anyone actually deploy antivirus for mobile / iOS devices? example: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/security-connector/index.html I fully understand this sandboxing & how it limits effectiveness If you do use AV I'd like t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

IOS Safari "Restricted Site" messages

On our student iPads we are having messages pop-up in IOS Safari saying "You cannot browse this page at 'fill in the blank' because it is restricted." So far they have been blocked by a Google form and a link inside Google doc to a BuzzFeed article. ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Standart User to Admin? Or Create New User?

Hey, I've got a problem with a Macbook,I have a home office employee who needs an admin account. How can I upgrade his default user to an admin with Jamf levels? Or can I create a new account via Jamf that is an Admin User?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Reset & Setup question

Hi guys, As I am sure a lot of you guys are, we are scrambling to get people working remotely as much as possible during this crazy time. One of the things we are trying to do is reallocate iPads to staff that don't have laptops etc. We have a mix of...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

zscaler app with options.

Hi Everyone - just looking for some advice on getting zscaler to install with some command line options as illustrated here:https://help.zscaler.com/z-app/customizing-zscaler-app-install-options-macos Basically, i can get this work just fine on a mac...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Terminated Remote employees need file access

My company has recently had to furlough, lay off, terminate (whatever you want to call it) some remote employees with company hardware. Some of those employees had personal data on those company computers. We have locked the computers via Jamf passco...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Utility - Allowing Zoom app to control computer

Hello, I'm using the PPPC Utility to create a Config Profile to allow the Zoom app in the "Accessibility" section. I've created the config profile, and it's installing on my test computer without an error. However, the check mark still doesn't show u...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Targus DisplayLink

We have deployed Targus docks and with them Targus' DisplayLink software. The app needs access to screen recording feature of macOS. I need to pre-approve this for app. Using the PPPC utility, I only option I have is to deny it. Leaving it blank, cau...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

/current is HUGE help!

Need some help. One of our iMacs is alerting that the HD is almost full. When I go to terminal and sudo then do a du -sh * the results show /current is 859GB. When I look at the contents of /current I see what looks like a duplicate directory as root...  View more

4f06c12de9b3499abd9380e5d3980310
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Monitoring

Is there a way to monitor what apps have been added to PPPC and are active? I have not used the PPPC utility - our users were manually added to the Security & Privacy Preferences.Thanks for any assistance,  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors