Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Parent FR to use with app based content filters

Please consider upvoting my Jamf Parent feature request! Details are laid out in the feature request. https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/9290/jamf-parent-require-specific-apps-for-app-based-content-filters When using an app based conte...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vmware Horizon - Package

So it should be a very basic thing creating the package. I have the installer for the vmware horizon (version 5.4.1)But I am unable to add the server within the package, as user should not need to enter this manually. I have of course tried composer ...  View more

0b16ee0e6d1242d78c819b9529b26adb
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad re-enrollment after deleting device record in Jamf

I screwed up and deleted a students iPad device record in Jamf inventory. I tried to re-enroll the iPad with a pre-stage enrollment, restoring from the students iCloud backup (which includes the MDM profile). After the re-enroll & restore, the device...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

List FileVault 2 Enabled users

Hello... I thought this would be easy but I'm struggling. I need to create a report that contains all "FileVault 2 Enabled Users" per machine that is rolled into Jamf. I can click on an individual machine and check it manually per machine at the disc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

flushPolicyHistory script error

In the JAMF scripts section one of the scripts i used in the past has a yellow warning that says 'Script contains invalid reference to /usr/sbin' /usr/sbin/jamf flushPolicyHistory what should i change it to say? i removed the /usr/sbin/ but it still ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outset - Execute JAMF Policy Once Per User

Hello, We're being forced to move to Catalina sooner than desired and it appears that Login Hooks are finally flakey enough in JAMF for me to need another method. What I'm trying to do is use Outset to trigger a JAMF policy once per user at login. Th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.21.0 Beta 1 Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 10.21 beta contains quite a few new features, fixes, and enhancements that we are excited to share with you! Configuration Profiles User Interface Enhancements We're excited to share with you all a number of enhancements...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

OS X Restrict which apps are allowed to launch

I currently have it setup to only allow certain folders to be able to launch apps. We are going to be implementing a new remote assistance app that runs from the downloads folder. Since the downloads folder is not an approved app launching location t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Catalina - Cannot Update App (VPP)

With macOS Catalina, it looks like VPP deployed apps now show up in the App Store under the Updates tab. When I try to update an app, I get an error message "Cannot Update App". "App_Name cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 10 kudos

Config Profile change

Hello, I've been asked by my dean to allow a few students to take home laptops from one of my labs due to COVID-19. The teacher from this lab also has access to Jamf and he created a Configuration Profile that requires an administrator password in or...  View more

a4efd2814ee247eb9ac42b85b20b2018 64fa235e309d469cb973d4637c71bbda 6521721cc49d42aebbbe26478877cebb
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf2snipe Setup

Hey Nation, we try to setup jamf2snipe (https://marketplace.jamf.com/details/snipe-it/) for our Snipe-IT Instance and ran in some issues with it. When we doing a dry run in our testenviroment we alway get this Errormessage: When we tried to retreive ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Student messed up iOS app acceptance

We're in the midst of all this fast shift to online and distance education stuff, and I ran into a small problem. We (the university) have purchased some licenses for an iOS app for some of our film students. This all worked fine for the majority of ...  View more

e58b68d0a2b1476d9d205329c20fda56
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Iphone Enrollment Apple ID?

I would like to disable the Apple ID function, so that I don't get this displayed during enrollment. Under Prestige Enrollment -> General I have already deactivated it, but I still get it displayed.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cache or install the macOS installer app

I want to put the macOS installer app in the application folder on certain computers that can support that particular macOS version. So if a mac can only upgrade no higher than macOS High Sierra or macOS mojave (or whatever macOS version it can be), ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to offline add a domain user to a mac

I'm working through some remote support issues for macs, and stuck on this one. Mac is remote, and has to use a VPN to connect to the domain. Normally, after the machine joins the domain (no problem - I connect with the VPN and join) I log off as the...  View more

• 53 replies
  • 1 kudos

Best Solution for Distribution Point for MacOS

Hi everyone, hopefully everyone is staying safe. Since the entire MacOS fleet I manage now are working from home due to this pandemic, we are looking to place another distribution point in the DMZ. Here is what our environment look like. Majority of ...  View more

7b4a3fda67d44b6a925989f46a1c7580
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile App Icon Upload via API

I am having trouble uploading an icon to an app. The icon file exists and I have rights to it. Other API calls work normally to the app... I can even update the version and description. I have tried with jpg and png. The original jpg was downloaded d...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging directory to copy to /tmp

I think that I am missing something in this process. Would someone be so kind as to outline the steps to take a directory (folder with subfolders) to a pkg in Composer and then copy from Jamf/tmp to /tmp? I did include a postinstall script to copy th...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom on Shared-Use iPads

Anyone else have problems using Zoom on shared-use iPads? Our district uses shared-use iPads as loan devices for students whose 1:1 device is out for repair/left at home/etc. The app installs fine, but when joining a meeting, the app immediately clos...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome

Hi all, looking for a bit of help with Chrome. I am looking to add it as a 2nd browser on some Macs. I have a super basic package that literally drops the app in the Applications folder. I have used @talkingmoose shared for managed notifications to m...  View more

edeea948c8e747f59ace199055da6e5e
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machines failing to boot post 10.15.4

Has anyone else gotten reports of 2018/2019 TouchBar 15" machines failing to boot after installing 10.15.4? We've had two reports of this from different users across the country from one another, and both have reported the installers running then cut...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors