Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

pList App Configuration Nextcloud

Hey Jamf Nation, I want to give the app a configuration that our server URL is mapped there. Unfortunately I can't reach my goal with the App Configurator from Jamf. The URL is not provided. Does anyone have a pList/configuration file that includes t...  View more

f577edc983bb49c28b9e3069f71e4bd7 a16ea8114fb948c7a48f64f300e8418f
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Install JAMF Pro 10.17.0 without Internet Connection

Due to security restrictions within my environment, I have spend an considerable amount of time to install JAMF without having an internet connection to my server (it took me a long time as I was not well-versed in linux as well but it was one of the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Looking to run PFCTL command on login/boot

So I have tried the gamut to try to get PFCTL command to run on start up. since im not editing/turning off SIP for any machines (especially remote users), its not possible for my to edit com.apple.pfctl since PFCTL exists in /system/library/launchdea...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent user from emptying the trash

Looking for a way to prevent a user from deleting files when put in the trash. Is there a script (or such…) to lock the trash so that files could not be placed in or preventing them from selecting Empty Trash?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Confiuration Profile Finder Payload Inconsistencies

I created a policy coped to all managed computers enabling the following: ShutdownRestartEjectConnect to ServerFind Folder Level is set to Computer Level and it would initially apply when I do a reboot. I would run sudo jamf policy and it would state...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict App Store Apps

I'm looking for a way to restrict what our users install in the App Store. I don't want to disable it, just limit to "work-related" apps. Their Apple IDs are not managed, they use their own.Is this possible?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Interview laptops?

Hi Jamf Nation-Our engineering recruiting team is requesting the laptops we use for the coding portion of the interview process do the follows:1. When the user signs in, they have a specific repo from github pulled automatically.2. Once it's complete...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing a specific configuration profile

Hello Everyone, Periodically, we find ourselves having to unscope a computer from a configuration profile, specifically our secure wireless. Then we end up rescoping the profile so we can re-create the profile's machine certificate. Once this is comp...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Stop a Pending Policy from running

I noticed when I created a new policy that there are nine (9) pending runs and 5 (five) completed runs. I don't want the policy to run on those nine computers since it was not intended for them, I made the appropriate changes for future runs, but the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

a PKG that requires a file in the same location

I have a PKG that has an associated JSON file that need to be in the same location: /Library/Application Support/TheApp. I know I can create a DMG with Composer by placing the JSON file in the above path. Ideally I would rather not have to create a D...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete Old Users

Hi All,How do you delete old users that no longer have a device joined to the JSS?They are no longer enrolled at the school and have left.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2020 Super Early Bird Rate Expiring

As a reminder, this is your last chance to secure your 2020 Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) tickets at the Super Early Bird rate of $999 ($799 for education). You can purchase your ticket at a discounted rate now through Wednesday, March 11. On Th...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Setup App Installation Not Allowed

Hello everybody, I would like to set up Jamf Pro to prevent employees from installing apps. Only those from the self services are allowed. I have already deactivated the App Store, but not the Apps from the Internet. Thanks for your help  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Images in Classroom and Schoolwork

I have a working test system to add the user images to Apple Classroom, however SSL configuration is new to me and as regards photos of students security is very important.Is a self signed cert on the server hosting the photos secure enough?The photo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP distribution point error

My Google-foo is failing me today. I'm outside of my wheelhouse trying to convert our distribution points from SMB to HTTP. I've got my clients connecting successfully, but every policy is failing with Error: Package was not successfully downloaded. ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf-School : Configuration could not be downloaded

When trying to wipe and restore an ipad of my DEP. I am getting a message: "The configuration for your iPad could not be downloaded from .....""cancelled" Does anyone know what might cause this? i tryed to restore it with itunes, and i have the same ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

tvOS Joyn App

Hello everybody, Does anybody know how to block the native tvOS App "Joyn" or "Joyn - Deine Streming App"? Which bundle id do I need?Especially for the germans this would be very helpful ;-)Thanks for answers  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing "unknown servers" (SMB) to "known"

Hi folks.I can prevent the following appearing:Image stolen from forums With: defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.NetworkAuthorization AllowUnknownServers -bool YES However, is there a way to add our.server.ca (or any other we choose), to a...  View more

6c5994045fa047df8d19db1145918afb
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer pkg not install in Catalina

Hi All, Has anyone else had the issue with a .pkg created in Composer not able to install in Catalina? The package was created on a cleanskin Catalina machine using Composer but after uploading via Admin and the creating a policy it fails to install ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD CS Connector and WIFI payload

After much trial and error we have the AD CS Connector working beautifully to issue computer certificates from our Active Directory Certificate Services server. These certs are being distributed from our JAMF configuration profiles. We can't seem to ...  View more

421ebcb998054d5788df7606ea908313 e8dcd9864c8f4b458f32b2570c92cf89 3db8fc029f6b4a4eb512175e20777dd6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Target with Smart Group or Standard Group?

Catalina was just approved in this environment.I had Install Mac OS Catalina.app in Restricted Software. Now that certain individual users are going to install it - Would it be better to create a Smart Group or a Standard group - where I would add th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Promote User Self-Service to Admin Elevation

Hi Everyone, I have noticed that since being on Operating System Version:10.15.3 our script to allow end users to permanently elevate themselves to an admin is no longer working. I do not have much knowledge about the script as I am taking over our s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors