Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adobe name users still seeing expiration date?

When you switched your users to Adobe Name User license, did your users still see the expiration date, even after they signed in? Our expiration date is coming up fast. Most of our users don't see the expiration date dialog after signing in, but some...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro - Pushing .pkg and failing?

Hello Jamf Nation! I'm having a bit of an issue here. I created a pkg in composer to push a script file to /private/tmp and having a postinstall script run it, although in jamf dashboard it shows that it failed. I went to check the machine and it sho...  View more

8690dd17d83d4345a5fe53f5c77228d7
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bash code logging usage

Hey Jamf Nation, I am the tech for public computer labs and it is crucial to us that we track all logons. My former colleague wrote this bash script that logs transactions but occasionally creates runaway transactions which greatly mess with our numb...  View more

8216be3151d7411384e6a6a4fba98371 2049609b255b4bc7badcc710112da02b
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printers dropping from iPads

Hi, I have students that are reporting printers are not showing up on their iPads. I have created a configuration profile and added the Printers with IP address and scoped out to devices. I go and check the device in the system and it shows as having...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

nomad login stop loading

need help - new to jamf; the jamf tech left the company Issue - we setup Nomad/Noload settings so AD users can login to macbooks when we tried to enroll new macbook into the environment we are getting local login screen but not the nomad/ noload scre...  View more

ee80cd997c784f4e91c93084a44ea5f0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can’t add apps from App Store - Freezes

Hi all, I noticed last week that when trying to add a new app from the App Store and it doesn’t do anything. It only freezes. Also, apps are not being updated automatically. We are using Jamf Cloud 10.19, which was installed on the weekend. It seems ...  View more

6c97af0bff11439a92ee0f6c11b146ae
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow installing apps on loaded/reloaded iPads

Is anyone seeing this message: "Pending - Application is not available to install" in the Command list after an iPad is loaded/reloaded? It switches to a regular installed app message (i.e. Install App - MyChart Bedside [AutoInstall] 9.2) after 5-15 ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Autodesk Helper tool 2020 apps

Autodesk has some changes with silent install of its 2020 apps. I am attempting to install AutoCAD 2020 and have not been able to use the old methodology of silently installing 2020 version like I did the older ones because of this new switch. Now we...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Versions

Hi Jamf Nation, I would like to have the Version Numbers of configuration Profiles for mobile Devices counted up consecutively. Does anybody knows how this works? Thx :D  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Tomcat update because of vulnerability CVE-2020-1938

Is JAMF releasing an update with the Tomcat version 8.5.51. The current version of Tomcat installed with JAMF Pro 10.19 is version 8.5.50. This version is vulnerable as stated in CVE-2020-1938 (http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2020-1...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Filevault turning OFF automatically

Hi , I have observed in few machines, FV is getting turn off automatically without any user interaction or admin credentials. Wondering if this happening because of macOS or JAMF policies. Current macOS version 10.15.2.JAMF Version : 10.17.1-t1574185...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk Encryption Help

Hey everyone, Is there a way to allow removal of disk encryption on a particular computer aside from scoping to exclude that particular computer? I have this one particular computer that had its data transferred via migration assistant. All policies ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bootstrap token extension attribute

I'm happy to see bootstrap token support in Jamf 10.19, but I only want to run profiles install -type bootstraptoken for users that don't have a token escrowed. I couldn't find an existing EA here to help scope my policy, so I put one together. Hopef...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 14 kudos

Splash Windows, AssetTag

Hello, I super new to this and I'm looking for some help I have been task by my manager to create a new process for our Mac's provisioning and I would like to ask one of you how can I create a script to prompt a help desk tech or user to enter the co...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Enrollment Packages and 10.19.0

Hi Folks - We were very excited about the new potential for deploying multiple packages during PreStage enrollment. We were a bit disappointed to see that only vendor-supplied .pkg payloads were actually being installed during DEP Enrollment. Here's ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

"HD % FULL" says 100% when connected to VPN

Hi, just a weird bug. I thought I'd post it in case someone knows what's happening. In History Hardware and Software History , the "HD % FULL" column shows 100% when connected to VPNs, and 0% when the devices are disconnected from the VPNs. The "HD s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for Rapid 7?

Does anybody have a way to look for Rapid 7 and it's version? it doesn't seem to put anything in the /Applications folder.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading Backblaze software

So we have used the mass deployment of Backblaze for the users, however now that software is getting out of date and there are updates. Though we want to silently also hit machines with updates too. I haven't been able to find anything about doing th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Inventory Collection Issue

Hi im currentally installing some plugins to Adobe After Effects and i use the Plugins In Computer Invertory as a smart group to install if plugin x is not installed.But i have an issue now as i need to install another one into the following location...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local software distribution point hardware

I was having a discussion recently with a co-worker about some information he had read somewhere indicating that some SSDs in certain hardware were ill-suited to be used as a software distribution point in Jamf, especially for use in a situation like...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attributes Enhancements

Hey Nation, does the Extension Attributes Enhancements work anyhow with mobile devices? I made the feature request for it once and forgot to mention that we need them for mobile devices instead of computers^^  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Recover data on recently erased Mac

I have a workstation that was recently wiped for troubleshooting purposes. The user's profile was supposed to be copied ahead of time but it appears it did not copy over completely before the wipe. Now there is files missing that need to be recovered...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Legacy System Extension warning on 15.4 Beta 2

So I just updated my system to 10.15.4 beta 2 and got a nice looking error message... Legacy System Extension Existing software on your system loaded a system extension signed by “Microsoft Corporation”, which will be incompatible with a future versi...  View more

ef59cd8032b44132bdc4a6c72c8cec33
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Give Mobile Account User Admin Access!

Currently in our organisation, all Macs are bound to AD so users have mobile account. I would like to know if there is a way to create mobile admin account without us always having to put the localadmin user password in. It makes the process very lon...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.15.3 App installs pkg vs dmg

Came across this today when trying to package and install VMware Fusion 11.5.1 in a new lab.Creating the package in Composer seemed ok, uploaded into the JSS, policy and scope created pointing to the new lab. All failed to install the package with th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors