Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Report back custom data field?

Is there a way to store script output back to Jamf? Is it possible to do it in a way that is searchable? I would like to be able to create a Computer Search for "firewall disabled". To get the data, I could call socketfilterfw --getglobalstate in a s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lots of Hardware Issues - Jamf Config issues?

Hey all, Not sure if this is the right place but I'm running out of ideas. I have had a ton of bad SSDs and failed USB C ports in my Macs lately. I purchase them directly from Apple. Is there any way it could be software? Maybe a thermal setting that...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Different Dock for each user (one computer)

Does anyone know how to get jamf to do a different dock for each user on a computer at login? Example: I have an admin account on the computer that I want to have a specific dock load out for IT use. There is also a regular user on the computer which...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using a standard Icon for admin account

Hey guys, So in the midst of setting up our jamf i have a second user profile set up for our Dept to login to every laptop, Is there a way to set a standard profile pic using jamf pro ? Any advise would be great. Thanks  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

iPads with Restricted App Usage - Camera

We have a few managed iPads setup with only Camera and Photos so that younger students can use the devices for recording pictures and videos for book reports and experiments. (No appleid or iCloud account) We used "Restricted App Usage" - "Allow only...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Beyond Trust - Url pre fill field request.

Wonder if anyone can help with this. We have deployed a large number of 'Beyond Trust' remote support iOS apps out to iOS devices in the company. When opening the app there are two fields the first field - 'URL' the address entered is static it never...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feedback Wanted - McAfee ENS for Mac product survey

If your are a Mac admin who deploys McAfee products, a security person who administers McAfee products, or a user who runs McAfee products, the McAfee ENS for Mac product team wants to hear from you! The team is running a survey and you can submit yo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2020 Call for Presenter Proposals

Hello Jamf Nation! It’s that time of year again… for 10 years, you’ve come together to exchange insights, observations and advice with fellow IT administrators from around the world at the Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC). In case you missed it, th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Univeral Type Client 7.0.4 issue

hi all,im having an issue installing the new UTC 7.0.4 version thru Casper remote on a Catalina OS. I have made a .DMG file using composer and admin - then i replicate to my servers and when I push it thru Casper remote. It installs then gives me the...  View more

25c8be17e562454dab702100891df28f
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Admin Account on Mac

I know there is an account created when the device is enrolled into Jamf but we would like to create another admin account when the device is being enrolled and also to all the current devices we have enrolled. What is the best way to do this?  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Push mp3 files to wireless devices

We use iPods for school exams here and currently the way we get these exam files onto the devices is to plug all of them in and sync the files over to the devices using finder on a mac. This currently works but can be a long process as we have over 1...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave 10.14.6

Hi, I'm new to JAMF. I have one task to do is to upgrading OS from 10.14.4 to 10.14.6. As i found a lot of guide but they are .app but if i download the upgrade from Apple it is coming with .dmg than .pkg. There is no .app so all the commend i found ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP - Pending - Application is not available to install

Hi, I am new to JAMF hand have the following issue: I always get the following message when I want to install an App from VPP: Pending - Application is not available to install Already checked VPP and licenses at Apple Business Manager, checked to ti...  View more

4381b58892554b49bc2d5be6532e3113 8fa88ebc323a4bd48e680d105bf0f020 7578eecee88d4bf4beb1d928f8e9e55a 3e41690b063044a9ac0d915a3844d9ff
  • 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

macOS and Self Service with Prompted Update Notices

Here is what I am looking for. I am planning to use Self Service for macOS updates on our teacher computers so that they can run the available update when they have down time and are not in the middle of class. That said, we want to make sure that th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Zoom and Outlook Plugin Install and Update

I have found this great script that does install and update for zoom client, but it doesn't do anything for outlook plug in. is there any way to incorporate that in to this script? #!/bin/sh ###########################################################...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom MacOS notifications

Does anyone have any insight into how I could create customized MacOS notifications? For instance, the notifications that pop up telling you to update your system, but a custom one telling a user they're eligible for an upgrade with an option to cont...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf ID is Live on Jamf Nation!

Hey Jamf Nation,We are happy to report that Jamf ID is now live on Jamf Nation! This means that anyone who logged in since this post has now been successfully migrated. If you are a user that had both a Jamf Nation and a Training account that share a...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 9 kudos

iTunes 10.6.3 in Catalina?

Has anyone else seen this? I am running macOS 10.15.3 and I am receiving a software update notification to update to iTunes v 10.6.3 ?! This version came out in 2012 for Mountain Lion and iTunes is technically the Music app in macOS Catalina. Why wou...  View more

6e22c73a9a244c9d92f9c05ddc995b95
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Carbon Black and Kernel Panics

Hello,Does anyone else here deploy Carbon Black? I've dealt with them for years and I've got nothing but kernel panics from their software. My fleet currently runs Cb Protection (bit9) version 7.3.2.62 and Cb Response version 6.2.6.90912. I've attemp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't Access Jamf Certified Associate Exam

Hi, Has anyone had trouble accessing this exam before? I've paid for it and went through the Jamf 100 Course, but I get "Page Not Found" when I click on the exam link in my profile. I've raised a ticket with Jamf support, but I wanted to check with t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Have standard DNS everywhere

Hey Guys, I'm using Jamf Now plus. To create profile I use profile creator. I want to create a profile where all the laptops in my company have 9.9.9.9 as their standard DNS. So when I go to home and I connect to my home Wi-fi the DNS will be 9.9.9.9...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors