Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Certified Associate exam

Hello, I took and passed the Jamf Certified Associate exam yesterday (2/22/20). I see that the badge has been posted to my profile. Will I receive a copy of the certificate as well? Also is there a place to download a receipt to prove I paid for the ...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 2 kudos

installing VMWare Horizon Client 5.3.0

We've been installing VMWare Horizon Client without any issue, but version 5.3.0 is different.When deploying the app using the Self-service app it shows Installed/ReInstall, but it just isn't installed. Anyone succesfully deploying it or what logs ca...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

`jamf createAccount` working but can't log in

macos 10.15.3, jamf binary version 10.19 I am using the command /usr/local/bin/jamf createAccount -username "${name}" -realname "${name}" -password "${passwd}" -home /var/"${name}" -admin -hiddenUser It looks like it is working and I can see the user...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allowing any size app downloads over cellular?

Is there a way to set a config profile to allow any size app be downloaded over cellular? They finally added the option in iOS 13 under Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> App Downloads. Reason being is I have users who are drivers and never are on WiF...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

deleted app disappeared from self serve too

Hi,I did look through other posts, sorry if I missed someone with the same/similar problem. We are a school. We do not do individual user accounts because Foundation upwards use the iPads. The student deleted "Minecraft: Education Edition" from the i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update: Apache Tomcat Vulnerability

Hi Jamf Nation, Apache Tomcat recently announced a security fix for a high-severity vulnerability in their product. Because Jamf Pro requires Apache Tomcat and security is of utmost importance, we are passing on the following information so that you ...  View more

• 39 replies
  • 4 kudos

macOSUpgrade.sh

Hello I need some help whenever I try to run the macOSUpgrade.sh via jamf policy I get the following output in the jamf log can someone help me Executing Policy macOS Upgrade[STEP 2 of 5]Running script macOSUpgrade.sh...Script exit code: 0Script resu...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom Rooms automation

I see this inside the zoom rooms pkg. I would like to automate this so I can deploy it silently.Any ideas? #!/bin/sh #$1 user name, $2 password function enableAutoLogin() { # parameters for auto login key=( '125' '137' '82' '35' '210' '188' '221' '23...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Serverconnection iPad

Hello JAMF nation, I have the following problem. An iPad is to be used to connect to a local file server. The following link have helped me, the connection can be established and the data transfer works as it should.https://stadt-bremerhaven.de/ios-1...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enroll by MDM and Certificate disappeared

Hello, As of yesterday, when we are enrolling MacBook into Jamf, it's starting to use the QuickAdd.pkg and not the regular MDM Profile and Certificate. We must use the MDM and Certificate. The macOS version is 10.15.3. Can you please help me out? Tha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto delete files left on desktop and downloads

Does anyone know if there is a command or commands that I could use to remove files left on the desktop after user logs out? This account is a generic account that other students will be using. There are other policies I will like to set as well. Wha...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 1 kudos

iCloud Status Extension Attribute

Hello All! Im trying to create an iCloud Status Extension Attribute that checks for the size of the MobileMeAccounts.plist file. When iCloud is signed in the file balloons to 2K, when its not, the file shrinks to 56bytes. So I created this script to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to "Supervise" a device

Beginner with JAMF here, that being said.... Can anyone tell me how to Supervise a device without Apple Configurator? I'm aware that the device will be erased, but I'd like to start enrolling our iPads being Supervised. We currently enroll our device...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS configuration management

Hi I’m looking for a configuration management solution to allow me to keep my JSS configuration in text files under source control. And then update JSS via the JSS API, through a pipeline, when I commit to source control. This would enable me to conf...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS install via jamf policy

Hello, I'm working on upgrading couple of mac to Catalina but nothing I do is working I have already uploaded the .pkg file to jamf pro server but when I run this install command nothing happens.Here is my command on the files and process tab./Applic...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Config Profile with settings not uploading correctly

So I am download this profile from https://fsassessments.org/ The profile does the following• disable Hot keys for enabling Dictation, Mission Control, and Spaces• disabke Trackpad gestures for accessing Lookup, Space Switching, Expose, and Notificat...  View more

88174e37049f4f87928b7b4106149b09
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Netsus certificate - catalina

hi to all... banging my head on this... Netsus was working fine with all computers from 10.12 to 10.14. Now with 10.15, with HTTP catalog address not finding any updates... So decided to change to HTTPS. Now message on 10.15 Macs while looking for my...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Presort Computer Search Report

Is there anyway to choose what field to pre-sort or default use to sort results by? I get a weekly report, which is great, but I can't just open it and see the important results, which are only relevant if the results are sorted by a particular colum...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Unable to sudo with AD admin group

Since updating to 10.15.3 we have been unable to sudo using an AD admin group. After the update we noticed that the admin accounts were not able to elevate. Running dsconfigad -groups "DOMAINdomain admins" has fixed the elevation issue but we are sti...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Options for remote control...

Not sure if this is a feature request or something that is possible that I do not know how to configure...I would like to assign certain technicians the ability to remote control without permission on a device, but only if there is no user logged ont...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom schema for munki

For everybody using Munki with Jamf here is a schema for it. It borrows heavily form the manifest made by the guys from the ProfileCreator Github. It only misses references to their Github and version hints { "$schema": "http://json-schema.org/schema...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-house app stuck on "installing"

Hello all, We have an in-house (NOT Apple Store) app created by a third party developer that we push to about 91 devices, meant to be used as audioguides for our organization's visitors (museum). A few days ago, the app just stopped working and the d...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra To Catalina IPU Self Service Issues

Started to notice a trend of computers upgraded from Sierra to Catalina, Self Service app crashes when you try to login. Anyone else having that issue? (We tried removing/re-installing the Jamf Binary, re enrolling the computer via sudo jamf enroll -...  View more

ac8a746cb9094e4eaaf7fc1b47046027
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors