Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Inventory-Best practices

We have been using pre-stages to put our purchases each year to certain groups based upon purchasing(PO Or Lease) and when we would replace them. Doing this has caused some issues. when we re-enroll a computer using user-initiated, sometimes we have ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Chrome shortcuts/apps to Dock?

Hi, at our company we are using G-Suite, which means we primarily want our users to run Gmail in Chrome to get full compatibility. However a lot of the users, including myself, find this not so user friendly as using, for example Outlook, since the g...  View more

63ce66a4f1fb40ddb8beb96cfef61cc4 06e55db955a44c269153a7d50f6ed030 14b78f5eca9141d98cc5bd66328b33bd
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Keep iPad name after erase

We have several iPAds we use to loan to students when they forget or lose their device. What I am trying to do is have them always be named loaner-1, loaner-2, etc. When we receive one back from a student we do wipe it so it is ready for the next stu...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

PKG only works when set on 'reboot'

Hi Nation, I am testing the latest java pkg (v8.241). If it set it on 'after' with any priorities, it doesn't install. If I set it on 'reboot' it installs.looking at my Jamf admin, I can see that previous java packages are set on after with priority ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

assign computer to local user - yosemite.

Hi Everyone, i have been trying to figure this out all day, and no luck. I have a mid 2011 imac 27" running yosemite that i am trying to enroll. I usually enroll all of my machines with LDAP accounts, but since this one is a photobooth machine just f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ignore Logout Policies

While we make great use of our logout policies, and they work great for us, sometimes we want our users to be able to reboot the computers more quickly, for example when the students want to switch over to our Boot Camp partition. We would love to wr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

plists issue with catalina

I create a custom plist file, to save some script execution details, on a network drive which I have been creating/modifying with the defaults command. I haven't had any issue with this over several macos versions. Catalina appears to not be creating...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling JAMF Notifications on Macs

I just took over a jamf environment and doing some clean up. I noticed a few active systems that no longer belong to the company showing up in jamf. I want to remove our profiles and un-manage the system, but I don't want to have the current users se...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application & Custom Setting Variants

We're excited to begin using 10.18's new Application & Custom Settings payload to manage our Jamf Connect Login deployment. However, there's one undocumented key that we currently use in order to spruce up our login window by setting BackgroundImageA...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP enrolments with Jamf in DMZ

Hello, We're in the process of placing Jamf in our DMZ for external client access. We already remove devices from our DEP instance when they are retired/e-wasted. However, this isn't a perfect process and I'm sure we'll have a few machines missed alo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade OS

We have around 1k Macs ranging from 10.10 - 10.15 that we would like to update to the newest possible version. We would like to do this as hands off as possible. Preferably after hours with no impact to the end-user. Can we do this with Jamf?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Deferral Question

I have read all the issues and questions about this, but still have a question about this whole Policy deferral option. I am a JAMF part timer, meaning I was volunteered for getting Jamf running in my company so still learning, but seemed to have ado...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single Sign-On Extension for Mobile Devices

I see that JAMF Pro 10.18 introduces Single Sign-On Extension in Configuration Profiles. Has anyone tried this? I am looking and don't see exactly how it should be configured for example have single sign-on for Google (so my GrK - 5 students don't ne...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Support tool

Hi, Which tool do you use to remote support your Mac users? Jamf Remote is not my favorite. Today we use Dameware for remote control our Windows clients, but it's not working very well with Mac clients. Thanks for your help  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loop in Jamf Patch Management

Hey, when installing Firefox or Chrome Updates with Jamfs built in Patch Management I ran into a problem: This "Attempt 1" loops ~10 times on each device that has to be patched. After this weird loop the version on the targeted device does not change...  View more

21cf1fbd088448e2918d9437001fef01
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deferral for rebooting?

Hi guys I'm trying to get our Macs a bit more up to date and uniform, since they've gone virtually unmanaged for quite a while. I made a policy to install software updates from Apple's software update server. The restart option is selected to restart...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi profiles (AD CS, EAP-TLS) non bound

We are migrating our Macs from WorkspaceONE (air watch) and utilize user level certificates for Wireless and Ethernet profiles using an MSPKI. We do not bind the systems, and the look-ups are based on their corporate ID, which is used to enroll the M...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loading videos on remote iPads

We are looking at deploying several ipads to 3rd party stores and looking to use these ipads as an informational display for tables. Is there a way we can get these ipads to download videos on a periodic basis? These devices will be 4G.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors