Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Push photos/Images to ipads

Hello. this may be very simple but havent been able to work out how.We have an event where staff would like to use the student ipads to show photos. The same 10 or so photos on each ipad, is there a way to push these images to the ipads from Jamf ?Th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Restricting Vuze torrent app

Trying to block the Vuze torrent app on our machines. I have a Restricted Software policy set up however the process id for Vuze is called JavaApplicationStub, a generic Java application process. I can restrict the JavaApplicationStub process and is ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unlock a local user profile

Is there an easy way to do this? Something similar to the way its done in Active Directory? We are not yet using Jamf connect, but that will be installed in a month or so. Im looking for a way to do that now.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote login/Mgt 10.12.6

(first post, be kind please) (yes I know, thread related to Sierra, believe or not, that is what we are on on our 300+ machines, no laughing please) I am trying to run a script to enable remote login/mgt. I use JSS admin account creation in the autor...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 Volume license won't serialize

I've been using the same Office 2016 installer for about a year on 10.13 and 10.14 installations. I just did a clean install on 10.15, ran the Office installer and the volume license serializer and office won't serialize. I have the "activate" option...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Apple Classroom; managed classes break ad-hoc?

Hi everyone, we're going to start using managed classes after Thanksgiving this year, and while testing it out I've noticed that once you're managed with the education profile it seems that you no longer have the ability to work with ad-hoc classes. ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSL Certificate Push

Hi Guys, I understand that Jamf Pro allows users to centrally push out SSL certificates to Apple devices. However, I was just wondering if Jamf School allows for the same thing. If so, does anyone have a guide/link to a guide for this?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS proxy issue caused by reset network setting

Hi All! I have seen a few posts about this but haven't yet found a resolution. Our users are pressing the 'reset network settings' button which is wreaking havoc with our SSID proxies. As the SSID is set up via a profile, it is not an easy task to re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Export all scripts?

Looking at backing up some of our Jamf configs... is there a way (using the api, perhaps?) to do a dump of ALL scripts used in Jamf? I probably have close to 100 scripts, but they are all stored in the DB. Any way to dump those out, even if just to a...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoPKGR does not uploading packages to JAMF Cloud

I'm using AutoPKGR and JSSImporter to upload policies and packges to JAMF Cloud. Everything is good except the packages keep showing "Availability pending" day by day, although the log showed copied to the JAMF CloudI have to manually upload the pack...  View more

602306682e074a8bb8707762ac04c795
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripted LDAP integration for Mac Clients

Hello All, I'm trying to script LDAP integration to our public lab clients. Historically, we had the configuration settings saved in a custom image. Now, we are moving to the new DEP thin image method. Our internal requirements include using a author...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Software Update Search v2

I am running the script that is in jamf nation:https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/third-party-products/files/973/apple-software-update-search-v2 The script is running but there is an error or something wrong in someplace.the log result shows that the s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

One user profile for multiple users

Here's the situation: In a Mac lab on campus we would like it if when any student logs in (using NoMAD and authenticating to AD) they are put into an existing profile that does not match their username. For example, the Mac is configured with a stand...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store Apps search, no results

Hey, I have noticed when I try to add a App Store app to Jamf the search will sometime show no results (for anything I type in). When it happends it wont work at all but if I try later in the day it works... super annoying. Any ideas?  View more

2fc64e2f1e8c4147b3bbcd5866eaf510
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't connected LDAP over SSL

Here's an example of why you keep documentation current: The test system has LDAP connectivity to adldap.organization through SSL. The CN of the certificate is listed in the web inteface as adldap.organization. I can't successfully get through the se...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to setup ldaps with split dns system.

I have .com for the inside and .edu for the outside. I do not own the .com only the .edu. The cert for the ad is linked to the .com. I can not make it .edu because things inside will brake. I was told the host name i use in the ldap screen and cert h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security command: User interaction is not allowed!

Hey guys,I'm need to run security show-keychain-info command to query Keychains information of endpoints. Some of them return User interaction is not allowed although their Keychain is unlocked.Other security commands don't work on those endpoints.Ho...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome - User Preferences File

Hi Everyone, Hoping someone can help. I've been tasked in editing our users Google Chrome Preference file with a protocol handler to suppress the "always open these types of links in the associated app" drop down to an internal application being used...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

rsync opendir: Operation not permitted

So I can run this from Self Serve, and it runs flawlessly. rsync -rltgoD --progress --no-p --delete --cvs-exclude /Users/"$loggedInUser"/Documents /Volumes/dfs/"$adOU/"$loggedInUser/Mac_Documents If I try to run it at login, it errors out with: "/Use...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors