Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying Cinema 4D R21 with license server?

We're getting ready to deploy Cinema 4D R21, using the Maxon License Server. I have our infrastructure team adding the Maxon License Server to one of our servers, but in the meantime, I'm taking a look at creating a package for Cinema 4D itself. Maxo...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to System Extension in macOS

Detailed step by step guide using Symantecs system extension as an example since that seemed to be most popular. Creating this thread for everyone to share new found knowledge, best practices & management tactics all in one place as we venture into a...  View more

• 55 replies
  • 20 kudos

Renewing with Apple's Device Enrollment

https://docs.jamf.com/10.11.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Integrating_with_Apple's_Device_Enrollment.html I'm trying to follow the documentation for the version we're running. The problem is that we're renewing not starting fresh and that isn't addr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuring Epic Welcome for iPads

Hi there! Wondering what those in healthcare may be doing for configuring Epic Welcome on iPads in JAMF. Looks like each device will need a unique VPP config for Welcome - would I really need to create unique Epic Welcome's for each device? We intend...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon Verification of Enrollment?

Just wondering if I am missing something. I am using Recon to enroll Macs on a closed network. Mac clients and JSS are completely locked out of any internet access for security purposes. When I enroll a Mac. I get no confirmation from Recon that the ...  View more

e5b18cb562db485dbd49ce4df5ae1335
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrolling with management server failed

Hello, We migrated our JSS servers to Azure but are now having issues when configuring the Mac using DEP. See pic below of the error when the Remote Management window appears. It tested successfully in our Azure QA environment which is suppose to be ...  View more

89bdea1eae9044968ee924faf6b1a28d
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FireFox install/update script

Can anyone tell me if there is an updated version of this script floating around? https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/third-party-products/files/764/firefox-installupdate This has worked for quite awhile in our environment, and still works for updating ...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 1 kudos

iPad lock screen

RIght now the iPad lock screen gives me 2 options. auto lock after 2 minutes and after 5 minutes.. I want to have it always on and no auto lock. What am I missing?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to remove installed Self Service Application.

Hello JAMF Nation, As the subject suggests is there a way to Remove the Enrollment installed Self Service App from the machines perhaps via script or MDM profile. As right now it's pretty useless due to the mdmclienterror-72. I have reverted back to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari - Boxed Question Marks Everywhere!

I recently ran into an issue where after several clients upgraded to Safari 13 began seeing boxed question marks everywhere. No text, only question marks. I ran across this article in the apple community which corrected my issue. https://discussions....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple issues since "OS_Upgrade.sh" script updated

Hello, Since updating the script "OS_Upgrade.sh" a few hours ago, I have the following issues during an upgrade to Mojave: Error 23. Expired certificates while the installer was recently downloaded from the App Store and moreover, it works by executi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC Livestream?

Anyone else having issues with the livestream? I had the countdown until it started, then just "This event hasn't started yet". We're at T+6 and counting so far....  View more

• 45 replies
  • 3 kudos

Why does the zmv command in this script fail?

The end game is to make this a self service item but I can't even get it to work right when run locally. If I run the zsh zmv command in the interactive shell, it works perfectly. Whatever folder I apply the command to it fixes all illegal characters...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nexthink Collector Deployment

Dear All, i have trouble deploying Nexthink collector though JAMF. I have re-package the 'Nexthink collector' installer using "composer", I do not have any error on deloyment but we lack files. Does anyone of you know a proper way to deploy the Nexth...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Reset Customisation

Hi, Just wondering if anybody has succeeded in changing the colour of the main page text using the below Key-Value pair in App Configuration for Jamf Reset? com.jamf.config.ui.text.color#444444 I can change every other value for Jamf Reset (and all t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer Help

I am trying to create a .app file into a package on composer. I drag it in from /Applications then change the permissions from 501 which is my user account, to - Owner = RootGroup = Wheel I then changed the mode to be 755. When I push it to my test m...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optional software installation workflow?

Hi, We currently use Self service for the majority of software installations, bar anti virus and asset inventory. I'd like to use DEP notify for more transparency over installations, but also introduce something into the workflow so AFTER enrolment, ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina HDD - Data summary

Jamf Pro has a wonderful built in extension for determining the percent usage of the boot drive, however with Catalina that extension is now reporting differently. macOS Catalina now separates user user data into a different volume and as as a result...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

May need to change the date to get a room

UpdateTime and location update with 19 people signed up for Thursday we'll keep it Thursday. If you can't make it then I'll be in the Hyatt lobby by the fireplace at 17:30 today (Tuesday) Hey all in trying to get a room looks like we would have to mo...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Customizing Backblaze preferences

I found the Backblaze plist. It lives in /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.backblaze.bzserv.plist. I'm wondering if anyone has every locked down the settings so users don't change what we prefer for them to use. Some of the things we're looking to set for t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Splunk Jamf Integration

Jamf published to Splunk base an integration that allows you to connect your Jamf data inside your Splunk enterprise You can find the details here. We can share the visuals we make by copy pasting our strings. For instance to make the attached Map of...  View more

e504c6dfc4b9412ea76720e406160491
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors