Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

jamf pro app installation

I am new to Jamf Pro and am trying to setup a new vpp app to go to one ipad. I am seeing the app in the self service store but it just circles after pressing install. I am also getting the message that I need to log in to the ipad when I never had to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete and replace User home folder

Hi all! I used to have a process for moving a user onto a new MacBook or for clean installing a newer OS on their Mac which doesn't work anymore since High Sierra. Here's what I used to do. Login as local admin and tar the user's home folder (to pres...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printers connection refused nothing fixes it!!!

I've had printers pausing all the time on macs and a simple resume gets it back up and running but I've just started seeing printers pausing and once resumed they pause again instantly and say "connection refused". Reinstalling the printer doesn't wo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad not allowing new users

We have been using shared iPads setup for 2 users for the last few years. This has worked well until the update to iPados 13. Now we get the 'To add a new user, contact your administrator.' when the second user tries to login. I have tried wiping and...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Calling CQ @ JNUC

Hi, I recently passed my Technician exam and received my callsign. As I was packing for JNUC it occurred to me to check and see if there are other Hams in attendance this year and to ask if we want to create a meetup/mini-event? Chad Lawson - KD9OEA  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Get current trigger during policy execution

I've tried various search combinations without much luck. I am developing a policy to install software during enrollment that we would also like to use to update existing installations using another trigger (logout, startup, etc...), allowing us to u...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Remote : SCP and HTTP protocol

Hello, Please, could you tell me the difference on Jamf Remote between the SCP and HTTP protocol.Moreover, when I choose the SCP protocol, when I close and open Jamf Remote again, HTTP goes back by default, is this normal? Thank you for your help  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop users from deleting apps

I am looking for a way to stop users from deleting or move Applications or anything really out of the Applications directory. I keep having students move Maya and Mudbox from the dir. /facepalm  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

incomplete information from GSX?

We have our jamf instance hooked in to GSX and periodically update our systems records to include their purchase information (pulled from GSX). However, the only info GSX ever seems to deliver to us is "Purchased or Leased," PO Date and Warranty Expi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

App\Itunes Store Policy?

Hi,I'm wondering what other people's policies are in regards to the App Store and Itunes Store. Do you allow them to use personal Apple ID's? Do you have them use Apple ID's at all? Do you block the App Store and Itunes Store entirely? If so, how do ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service not allowing login?

I'm trying to configure Self Service to accept LDAP authentication and it fails. I have LDAP set up in jamf pro, tested it and I'm able to search users, and even assign them to computers. I have enabled "LDAP account or Jamf Pro user account", I stil...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple Packaging Question

If I have a .pkg which requires the existence of another file in the same directory that the .pkg is run. How would I accomplish this utilizing Jamf Pro? It seems I need to know the following: 1) where Jamf copies and runs a .pkg from locally 2) how ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

One more reason to attend JNUC...

Try your luck at this year's JNUC! Jamf's Services team is excited to meet you at JNUC 2019!Stop by their booth and enter your name into a drawing to win an in-person course seat (a $2,500 value!), Jamf-branded water bottle or custom-made lightsaber!...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MAU Command Issue

Curious how many people use this. I am trying to automate MS Updates using a policy with MAU. If I type in "./msupdate -l" I get back "MSFB16 Skype For Business Update 16.28.128" When I type in "./msupdate --install --apps MSFB16 --version 16.28.128"...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS enforced video playblack

Hi, Can I please get some suggestions on how to play a video click on Mac while the user can't interrupt through keyboard/mouse and can't minimise the playback window? Is it possible? Thanks in advance.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Usernames vs 3rd party filtering to track usage

We are a K-12 school, iPads mainly used by younger students. On laptops/desktops, each student signs in with a username/password. This goes through a 3rd party filter (Content Keeper) to track internet activity. Since the shared iPads are all using a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keep user from joining one particular WiFi network

All of our school district owned iPads and Macs are joined to a secure WiFi network called VCSdistrict. We also have a WiFi network called VCSguest that needs no authentication to join. Personal devices are joined to VCSguest. Is there any way to pre...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleTV API rename / Last Inventory Update issue

It appears that setting the name of an ATV record via API causes the Last Inventory Update to update its timestamp... even if the ATV is not turned on. Here's the command that we're using that causes the timestamp to change. curl -u $jssuser:$jsspass...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Relocating the Users folder in Catalina

In the past when we wanted to offload the /Users folder from the internal disk we simply created a symbolic link for /Users that pointed to /Volumes/External_Drive_Name/Users. The Mac in question is a server for two computer labs, hosting 60 Macs wit...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Connect 1.11.0 Release

Product EnhancementsJamf Connect Login 1.6.0: Jamf Connect Login now supports the LocalFallback key-value pair for all cloud identity providers using OpenID Connect authentication. Jamf Connect Sync 1.0.9 – Error Messaging Improvements: Some error me...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors