Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adobe CC 2019

I have just tried a remote install of Adobe Apps on a Mac running Catalina 10.15.1 from Jamf.I got a popup on the test Mac telling me that the Adobe App couldn't be installed, because it was from an unidentified developer.The PKG is the one I got dir...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to enroll Mojave 10.14.6 with Parallels VM

I'm currently on JAMF Pro 10.16.1 and I'm trying to enroll my Mojave 10.14.6 VM, that's hosted on Parallels. I followed the directions on this discussion, link text. But, I'm not having any success enrolling. I'm still receiving this error. . Has any...  View more

504ce16e2dfc42cba86c08a664ad1a5c
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

ARD Tasks with Catalina

Hello everyone, Is anyone else having trouble installing packages via tasks in ARD 10.15.1? Normal remote installs work fine but tasks fail instantly. I've tried it on multiple machines running 10.15.1. Thanks.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy/Application stuck in Self-Service

A policy and package (slack application) I had deployed through Self-Service for macOS users to install has been deleted but it still appears in the self service app. I have deleted both the policy and package from Jamf Pro (10.16.1) but it is still ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Window Config Profile

I have a Configuration Profile for my login window to set the login prompt to "Name and Password text fields" and also enable fast User Switching. I have the profile deployed to my test iMac with 10.15.1 and it's not working. When I look in the Syste...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC unofficial livestream?

Greetings, all!I am attending this year's (2019) JNUC in Minneapolis. I own a livestreaming business and would like to know if I can use my mobile streaming system that I wear in a backpack to stream the events of the 3 days. I would not stream the K...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode 11.2 available

@c.archibald Would you please make sure do not downgrade Xcode reported version to 11.1? Prod version 11.2 is available: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/xcode/id497799835?mt=12  View more

5ac1d7fc5c124ba39355d7874841d67e 4c7277c520314349a9a7e90d28bb29c6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave SMB network share issue

When I started at my current organization they were (and still are) using a Mac mini to mount an iSCSI share. Previously this was being done on a machine running macOS 10.10 with Server. Earlier this year when I had to replace the machine I didn't in...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broken Mojave installer?

Hello and apologies if this is a bit of a noob question. I am trying to deploy a Mojave installer post-Catalina. I've got a script and everything to run the installer and it works beautifully. I downloaded the installer to a machine running Sierra us...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using self-service to remove a user profile

I am trying to figure out a way i can use the profile command to remove a user profile that was installed by JAMF. The profile is used to add a AD generated user cert to connect systems to our . WiFi. For various reasons this cert breaks or gets remo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

API output just one long string?

I just started playing with the API recently so I could make reporting/automation scripts easier, but every time I use it to GET (with Curl on a ubuntu box if that matters) an advanced search group I made, I get a long single line string if I use the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Illegal characters in "Display Name for Script."

Was fighting a script that worked perfectly in our test environment but kept failing in production. Figured someone made a mistake copying and pasting the script, but that was not the case. The scripts were identical. Then only difference was the dis...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Enterprise Anti-virus for MacOS

Hi all, I just wanted to reach out and find out what products you're using for you MacOS Antivirus? We used to use SCEP but since its been retired we need to look into a new replacement to ensure that we remain Cyber Essentials compliant?  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Cloud and Azure ADDS

Hi All, We recently move our JAMF pro instance to the cloud so our LDAP no longer worked. We just got Azure ADDS set up and are trying to set up LDAP. We can connect to the domain using SSL after uploading the cert however when we go to put the usern...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating 3rd Party Apps Using Composer

Hello, we are not new to JAMF, but have never received good training/advice on using this product for 3rd party patching. We are simply trying to update apps like Firefox and Chrome. We have Jamf Pro and Composer. Can someone point me in the right di...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple remove folder script question please?

Hi All, I'm creating a button in Self Service that, once pressed it will remove certain files/folders. with the rm and rm -r (for folders) commands. This works as expected. However, if the folders are already removed and users would press that button...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Port numbers for external network use

I am setting up my Jamf environment to be accessible from off site. My netadmin wants a list of port numbers used by Jamf so he can only open needed ports. I am trying to figure out what ports are needed on what servers. My JamfPro environment.-jamfp...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM Apple ID's

I am just now starting to deploy mobile devices so forgive me for any lack of basic knowledge. I am assigning users in my domain a Managed Apple ID so we can manage and regulate purchases and such. But my users have reported not being able to use the...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPhone Content Transfer Recommendations

We currently don't allow end users to use iCloud. When a user gets a new phone, we use verizon content transfer to transfer the users info to the new phone. It hasn't been working great lately. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

The MUT cannot authenticate to server

I am hoping @mlev or any fellow MUT users will see this! I have been using MUT for years but just recently I am getting a fatal error when trying to authenticate to our on-prem JSS that says the server with the specified hostname cannot be found. Our...  View more

96063abc24d1421889db6728796285e1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors