Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Depnotify for normal package install ?

If I want to upgrade Office with a new package (complete new install) is it possible to use depnotify ? - or can this only be used when a mac is starting up the first time and part of dep ? Do any has some good tutorial on using Depnotify. I have see...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Auto-naming computers from a database

The default behaviour of macOS for naming a computer is that the name is based on the first user account created via the Apple Setup wizard. Therefore if the first user name is 'John Doe' the computer will be named 'John Doe's Computer'. Clearly this...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator 2 - Save Unlock Token

Hi everyone, In Apple Configurator 2, there is an option of saving an unlock token for devices, so in case a user forgets their passcode, they can still be unlocked. We cannot get this to work, as we get this error (see picture below). It doesn't mat...  View more

944133547233498692f37241ab81f096
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Displaying a Popup in Finder after Setup Assistant

I am trying to create a popup that is displayed as soon as one of our provisioners gets to the Finder after going through a PreStage enrollment process. In our workflow, a provisioner creates the admin user as part of Setup Assistant. I have a policy...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script no longer successfully calls Policy

My deployment method involves a policy triggered by enrollment. That policy runs a script that names my computers based on a CSV stored online, and at the end of the script, calls the next policy that begins installing software. Recently, the call to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crowdstrike TCC.xml for PPPC

Anyone have to create a TCC.xml for crowdstrike yet? Looking for some assistance as I am having some troubles getting the proper informaiton needed to build it out.  View more

• 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Imaging and OS Versions

I have tried several methods in order to download several full versions of MacOS and not having any luck. I am somewhat new to JAMF and Macs so maybe I am going about it all the wrong way. I am trying to setup an NetSUS server for Imaging and as a Ne...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store VPP updates

Keynote updated to 9.2 with the release of 10.15. In JAMF under Mac App Store Apps I have all the settings to "Check for updates" checked, including the location at Settings>Computer Management-Management Framework>App Updates. I am currently placing...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory on macs

We are having an issue here in the district where the macs are no longer pulling from Active directory. Some are working just fine, but others that say they have completed the AD bind are not letting any user in unless its the local admin account. I ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script - log to text file

I am trying something quite easy, but cannot find the command where it works So like following command find /library/etc -name '*.rtf" - type -f delete I want to see deleted files in log file. So I tried with > /path/txt.log also | tee path etc Logfi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS - Enforce Bluetooth On

We have recently started using Apple Classroom on our student MacBooks. The students have already figured out that disabling bluetooth interferes with classroom working. Has anyone figured out a way to force bluetooth on or check to see if bluetooth ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

URGENT: Has anyone seen this issue before?

We are currently issuing iOS and Mac OS devices, however they are not enrolling, we have found that our pre-stage is broken on Jamf. This has been raised but wondered if anyone else had seen this before? Its a massive issue to our business as we coul...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for USB Scanner

I'm attempting to create an extension attribute that will echo the following command. sudo system_profiler SPPrintersDataType | grep 'Perfection|Expression' What I have so far in the EA is echo "system_profiler SPPrintersDataType | grep 'Perfection|E...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Enrollment Issue

I have a prestage enrollment that ive assigned a couple of iPads to. Then I created a smart group with the criteria "Enrollment method: Prestage enrollment", "Operator set to IS" "Value set to the Prestage enrollment name". Then that smart group to a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble with new SSL cert for storage servers

Today I replaced the SSL cert for one of our storage servers. I used the JSS built-in CA to create the cert and installed it in the usual manner. While everything appears to be fine on pre-Catalina clients, the Catalina clients fail (refuse?) to conn...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Keychain Password Script

An ongoing issue at many locations for AD bound macs is that if the users change their password incorrectly their keychain does not sync. 10.14.4 and up compounded this due to the 'update keychain' prompt not working and just creating a new keychain....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Catalina VPN Menu Strangeness

Hi brains trust, Is anyone else seeing odd behaviour of the VPN menu bar item? Sometimes my VPNs appear in there, sometimes they don't. I can't find a pattern. Is this a new "feature"? Cheers,Gavin  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Only certain users able to change profile picture

Hey all, I have a peculiar situation where some users are able to change their profile pictures whereas others are not. Ideally, we want everyone to be able to change their profile pictures. For context: Up until recently, Macs were set up by creatin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors