Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Operating system incorrect

Hi We upgraded 3 MacBooks to 10.15 yesterday for testing purposes. all were DEP enrolled via ABM. 2 of them are still reporting the OS version as 10.14.6. They have both had very recent and regular check ins. Anybody else seeing this? We are using Ja...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to deploy scripts created in webconsole

Hello,I am having issues deploy scripts via jamf policy. I do have an open support case with Jamf but am posting it here in case anyone has come across the issue before. Basically what is happening is that any script that is created in the web consol...  View more

905ecb483fec47279f8904a67c20e7c5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple config 2.11 Network issue

after upgrading to catalina and having apple config upgrade to version 2.11it cleared out the whoel configuration of the eixsting apple config but when attempting to dep enroll devices through apple config it is failing due to a network error, whilst...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.15 catalina on vmware esxi?

Anyone have any info on getting the official release working in esxi? Not having any luck on 6.7u2 with an ISO created from Trouton's script, and some other tools... already tried all the various strange tricks that people used on the beta to no avai...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network user account can not login

Our company is mainly a windows environment but we have taken on a single macbook pro with OS X 10.14.6. When it was initially setup I created a local administrator account then a second admin account for the user that I then bind to our windows acti...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS 10.15 Catalina ldap mappings problem

Hello,Since /Library/Preferences/OpenDirectory/Configurations is now locked (RO) we are no longer able to populate our custom ldap mappings.dsconfigldap does not provide a way to import template and manually configuring hundreds of computers is not a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Bypass Restrictions Network Admin

My organization is in its first year of using Jamf Pro and now I am the de facto Apple admin. I recently configured our desktop support AD admin group to have admin access on AD bound Macs with their network admin accounts. That part is working perfe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Podcast app blocking in Catalina

I installed Catalina to my work machine yesterday to start digging into what needs to be done on our needs for upgrading my company. So far I've blocked FindMy, TV, and Podcasts. I've been getting blocked application pop ups though for Podcasts even ...  View more

ff2d4a7baa6c4913bcc46d4ced4124b0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Shadow from Login Screen

I've seen several threads talking about replacing the login screen background in HS and Mojave, but I don't see anyone mentioning the shadow behind the credential fields/icons. Does anyone know how to remove this? I'd like to have a white login windo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ticketing System?

Hello, What do you use for your ticketing system? Looking to find something that integrates with JAMF. Any suggestions? Thanks!  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Auto Logout profiles not working with T2 Macs

One of our administrators has noticed that his Jamf config profiles with payloads set to log lab users out after 15 minutes of inactivity are not logging the users out of certain iMacs. This issue is specific to his new iMacs, but on his older Mac mo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent Catalina notification?

Hello, Is there a way to block/prevent Catalina notification? There is solution below for Mojave. Thanks! #!/bin/bash # Disable macOS Upgrade notifications # Locate Caching Servers /usr/bin/AssetCacheLocatorUtil # Reset ignored updates /usr/sbin/soft...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps and Books Migration.

Hello, I wanted to make sure that I'm doing this the right way. We're still using the legacy VPP for purchasing Apps and I know it's coming to an end on Dec 1st. We're already using ASM but not the ability to purchase Apps in ASM. Here's what I will ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office versions compatible with Catalina

Do we know the minimum required versions of Office that support Catalina? I saw in this post from June, that is was 16.26 for O365/2019 and 16.16.11 for 2016, but that was the testing versions. I'm trying to create a smart groups for computers that c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina Update

I am puzzled I have a policy that deploys Install macOS Catalina.app to /ApplicationsI have a policy with a "oneliner" in Files and Processes: "/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" ‑‑agreetolicense If I browse t...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

AD bind script does not run via Jamf, just locally

Hello all. I struggle so hard for hours now to determine what could be wrong with the following AD script: #!/bin/bash apiurl="https://jss.company.com" # decrypt API user auth string function DecryptString() { echo "${1}" | /usr/bin/openssl enc -aes2...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

PowerShell Script

Does anyone have a simple PowerShell script to delete a device out of Jamf via device serial number? I have a Mac sh script with curl, but need this in PowerShell.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID for APNS and Apple Business Manager

Setting up Jamf Pro Server for the first time, but just wanted to know if an Apple ID for getting the Push Notification Certificate needs to be different from the Apple ID for Apple Business Manager or can they be the same? Just wondering if I need t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Catalina install error

Just running upgrades on test computers for macOS Catalina and have had multiple errors as in the Screenshot.Click "OK" the install fails and goes away, resulting in the installer needs downloading again.  View more

5c154a86bb7d4a3c9430d63b7cac446d
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue Checking for Cert in EA

I recently wrote an extension attribute to check for the existence of a certificate in a user's keychain. I can run it without issue locally, and via policy, but when running it as an EA, no response is written to the computer record: #!/bin/bash CER...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet Recovery - Catalina

I am pretty sure the answer is "No", but does anybody have a good method for blocking internet recovery and not the Recovery Partition recovery? Internet recovery seems to want to present Catalina now, and for obvious reasons we do not want our users...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Catlina "security" folder?

Hey guys, Little late to the party here, but is there anything to worry about with this security folder moving some com.jamf stuff? So far my checkins and and recons seem to be ok. Thanks!  View more

3d09d5bdfd4d432aaade11f0e49b9f43
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors