Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

FV2 Recovery Usage Reporting

Has anyone come up with any way to get reporting on if a recovery key has been used to unlock a computer? So far all I've found is that I can go to the computer in JAMF and see who accessed the key, but that's about it.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sunday Night Football Meet Up At Brit's

I'll be coming into Minnesota from Dallas on Sunday. No way I will miss watching the Cowboys play and they will be playing the Vikings that night. What better than to watch it at Brit's? Anyone interested in football and beers?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault keeps enabling

There is a user who we are trying to disable FileVault but it keeps reenabling. I have completely removed the device from Jamf, on his Mac I have ran sudo jamf -removeFramework. Still after each restart the popup to enable comes up at login. What cou...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf and DEP Intermittent Sync Issue

Hello, We are running Jamf 10.15.1 and have done the switchover for VPP/DEP on Apple School Manager. Yesterday and today, if we setup a new iOS device, the default apps like Contacts, iTunes Store, Notes, etc. show a small cloud at the beginning of t...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 3 kudos

Return MAC adress of Ethernet adapters

I am using the following to create an EA to return the Mac address of the Ethernet adapters but the field is blank. Any ideas as to what might be the cause? !/bin/sh USBMAC=$(networksetup -listallhardwareports | awk '/Hardware Port: USB /{getline; ge...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Locked MacBook

I sent a Lock command to a MacBook, and it worked fine. The issue is, there's no option to enter the passcode. It goes between "wrong passcode. try again." and "your computer is disabled. tray again in 60 minutes." Rebooting just brings back the "you...  View more

ef94b574cb524ec0bae18c9502ab1559 9531a3ba727b46f4bba45b369e5cb3b6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to Update Google Chat

Hi Has anyone created a script to automatically update and install the desktop google "Chat.app" from https://dl.google.com/chat/latest/InstallHangoutsChat.dmg We have something similar for Chrome but I can't seem to get it working for Chat.app. Here...  View more

3a77ee7976934d6abe2acb4ed126d805
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office Reporting

Hi All We are going all in on removing Microsoft Office and updating to Excel 2019 for those that need it. What Im struggling with is a report that can show a summary of versions installed like this (A windows example). Has anyone created anything si...  View more

731fee13b2c24c3e9c7a8c193c8fbe02
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x issues

Not exactly Jamf-related, but I'll toss this question out to the knowledgable masses. We are seeing some Macs losing all connectivity on our 802.1x Wifi. The computers have valid IPs and show that they are authenticated on 802.1x, but all pings (to &...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Admin Account + FileVault 2 Predicament

Hi all, It seems that a number of threads regarding this have already been posted, but they are from a few years ago. Any advice and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have a LAPS solution implemented on all of our laptops (https://githu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Sites: Rename vs Create new

Hey everyone, forgive me if this has already been answered but I couldn't find much on it. We are moving one of our offices and would like the site name in Jamf Pro to reflect the change. Wanted to check and see if there is any risk to renaming rathe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared Local Admin Credentials

How can I implement something similar to Microsoft LAPS on mac? I want to achieve: One local admin account per mac - specifically for deskside support Each local admin has a different password Deskside support tech can retrieve password by looking up...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2019 App?

Is a JNUC 2019 app coming out? I see where the App Store has the 2018 version and when you download that and open it, it wants to download and install the 2019 conference information within that app, but the app icon stays the 2018 conference. Even o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Department ID stored in PPD?

I'm trying to automate Department ID configuration for our Canon MFD's deployed. Composer says that changing the department ID modifies the PPD file for that printer, however I can't seem to find where in the PPD file this is being changed. Has anyon...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Backup or redundant Jamf System

My current setup.- JamfAdmin / API connection so webapp access.- JamfConnect connection this is the system all my clients connect to.- JamfDB connection, this is the system running MySQL for the whole environment. I am wanting to run a backup JamfDB ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Computer Naming

What is the best way to name a computer (either from JAMF Attribute or prompt) during Pre-Stage Enrollment? Also I want to put a Directory Bind in which works but I want the names to be unique.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ConnectWise Automate Silent Installation Woes

Does anyone else here use ConnectWise Automate (ie - not the standalone Screenconnect product)? I'm having trouble doing a clean and silent install for both the Remote Agent and the ConnectWiseControl piece. Looking for advice on how to roll forward ...  View more

32e7e289a789468d9dad14a0fcf33679
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Personal Hotspot Settings

Hi, we are working with DEP ios devices (iPads) enterprise owned and we are thinking to deploy 4G devices and would want to eventually enable/disable Personal Hotspot but need:1. To be able to setup the Wifi password as well (using a configuration pr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues installing Coludera Impala

Good morning all, I am a new JAMF admin and I have run in to an issue trying to deploy a policy to install Cloudera Impala ODBC 2.6.4. If you click the PKG it appears to install fine, but when you install it from JAMF Pro it just fails with the log b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 10.15.1 + 10.11 El Capitan Macs?

Hello, We upgraded to JSS 10.14.1 Friday, just before 10.15.1 dropped. We have a few 10.11 clients, so opted for 10.14.1 until we bump off the final El Capitan machines. Can anyone confirm 10.11 clients are working with JSS 10.15.1? I am not looking ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2019 Standard Rate Expiring

Hello Jamf Nation,We are just six weeks away from the 2019 Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC). Thank you to all who have already reserved their spot - the countdown to the world’s largest Apple IT event is ON! If you have not yet registered, you stil...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dedicated Vs Standard JAMF cloud instance

Hi All,I am the Lead Technician for my organisations JAMF instance with 1000 iPads and 500 iMacs soon to be 800 iMacs.I received a email from JAMF saying my instance of JAMF is a dedicated instance and would I like to be migrated to a standard instan...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS JAMF agent signed app

Hi guys, I took part as a listener in a discussion regarding the JAMF agent and the JAMF Server hosted in AWS. The reason for this conversation was to look at ways how to deny all Internet traffic but still allow the communication between the agent t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Jamf wipe without wiping recovery?

I started using the remote wipe as our audit team likes a paper trail for wipes but I noticed that using a remote wipe also wipes the recovery partition which means I need to either do a internet recovery or usb recovery. Both much slower than recove...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors