Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Connect 1.9.0 Correction

In the Jamf Connect 1.9.0 release yesterday, there was an incorrect Jamf Connect Verify version listed in the 'About' section of the menu bar application. This has now been corrected to reflect the latest version number, 1.1.5. Everything else with t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF migration from on prem to cloud

Hi Guys, So we were in the process of migrating our on prem JAMF Instance to the cloud yesterday. To make a long story short we cannot use our current URL (Due to internal domain issues and self signed certs) This is set in stone and cannot be change...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

gatekeeper AND xprotect macOS Catalina

Hello, How do I check which versions I have of gatekeeper AND xprotect in macOS Catalina? Before I use these commands to check version in older systems: /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Print CFBundleShortVersionString" /private/var/db/gkopaque.bundle/Con...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log Admin use on clients

Our Mac users are admins. But my feeling is that actually very few are using it. So my question is, if it Is possible somehow to see in logs etc, when a user have been prompted for admin password when they are logged in If there are users that have n...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating PPPC Config Profile for Jamf/Installer

Hi everyone, I've got a problem where I need to create a new PPPC Config Profile for the following: Because I get the following error when installing my application. I've had a look at the PPPC Utility, but it doesn't seem to be able to handle automa...  View more

1e10aae3cd1a4d9394e4ca006513d113 33ea7b9d2e784f6f802407a137678927
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is it time for Jamf Pro to have a Snow Leopard moment?

For anyone that doesn't get the reference, the focus of Mac OS X Snow Leopard (as macOS was spelled back then) was performance and stability rather than new features. There are over 300 open Product Issues in Jamf Pro. Some for critical issues like D...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Jamf Pro API Help

I am in the process of writing some scripts to delete mobile devices from my Prestage Enrollment groups using the new endpoints added to the Jamf Pro API. Every time I request the scope of a Prestage Enrollment group I receive a 404 not found error l...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Generating a list of apps

Is there a way to generate a list of iOS apps that are in JAMF Pro? trying to see so I can give it to teachers so they can select what Apps work for them and what we actually have.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fix Symantec AV or move to ???

So, I think and our users feel that our SEP is set up badly. Any recommendations on what AV is macOS "friendly". I used McAfee and SEP in the past and wasn't super upset with SEP but I have nothing nice to say about McAfee... Sophos? ClamXav? Cylance...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office 2016 Updates

How are you doing Microsoft office updates? I have deployed the MAU and configuration profile for it on our computers. It seems it has started to patch MS Office, but it is very slow. I have also tried adding a login hook to run the script to set MAU...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect 1.9.0 General Availability

Product EnhancementsJamf Connect Configuration 1.2.0: Additional support for Jamf Connect Login Settings: [JC-611] The following Jamf Connect Login settings are now supported in Jamf Connect Configuration – User Creation Settings: • Keychain – Create...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf on one OS on a dual boot Mac

Has anyone built a dual booting Mac where both OS's are MacOS but only one has Jamf installed? What happens when you send a wipe or lock command to that? Thanks in advance, -Pat  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running commands at the local user

Hi All I'm trying to run a command to set a screen saver option as the current logged in user through a script but it's failing... I have tried looking around for ways to run as the local user instead of the root user used by Jamf and I can get it to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SPSS 26 Silent deployment w/ license server configured

Hi Folks, We created an SPSS 26 package earlier this year and it had been working, but now it's not. Even sadder, I don't have the original package we created anymore. So I want to at least recreate as part of troubleshooting this. I have the SS_CLIE...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ugrade to Jamf Pro 10.13.1

Hi, Reaching out to all jamf nation experts. I am still on version 10.2.2 and thinking about upgrading to version 10.13.1. I know I have to upgrade to version 10.8 first then 10.13.1. is there anything I need to be aware of or need to change before d...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

WindowsServer Popup

Hello All, We have received several tickets regarding a popup dialog for something called WindowsServer. It seems it is something with how we are mounting the user's network home drive. Have you seen this before? Is there a way to create a PPPC for i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PSA Hacked Lightning Cables

Hey Everyone, I just wanted to post this article I came across for anyone out there that goes to events/trade shows/etc to be very careful of using free lightning cables that may come in giveaway bags or goodie bags: https://9to5mac.com/2019/10/02/ha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could not mount distribution point - move afp to smb

hi, mac os server 10.14.6Jamf Pro 10.15.1 we had to move all our data from old SAN to new one. This has been done and working. We updated to mojave our server with the Jamf pro 10.15.1 We wanted to use now SMB be cause of the new APFS machine we are ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parking

Ughh, Cambridge parking is the worst. Anyone know the best place to park around there? I know the Galleria is pretty cheap for a garage and it's only a couple blocks away. https://www.lazparking.com/local/cambridge-ma/cambridge-side-galleria  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Building changes 2 times during deployment

I have a device that I put in a Prestage Enrollments which defines the location Building. However, later on in the deployment process the building name gets changed again to something else. Can anyone help me identify the different stages/locations t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chromium

I found a staff laptop with chromium on it, after some research (and realizing they had no reason to have chromium) I discovered it was a form of the chromium virus. At least i'm pretty sure it was. Only incriminating evidence I could find was the Ch...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Okta device trust on macOS not working

Hey all, Does anyone on JN use Okta device trust script 1.2.1 or 1.2.0 on 10.14.x Macs? We’re seeing issues where the enrollment fails. Okta hasn’t been able to identify the issue in our environment. Could this be related to NoMAD as we have it insta...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wacom Tablet install

I need to install WacomTablet_6.3.36-2.dmg in my mac lab. I put the .dmg into Composer and created a .pkg and added a policy to install it. The policy logs say it successfully installed but it didn't. It is not in Applications nor does the tablet ico...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile for home screen layout size?

In iPadOS 13 there is the new option for the home screen layout to show "more" apps or "bigger" apps. "More" is the default but I would like the students to see "bigger" because this is easier for the younger ones. Is there a way to push this down vi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Refreshing AD Group Membership

We are having an issue where one of our users is having an issue where their AD group membership on the Mac does not match our AD server. I have removed the AD server and re added it. I have also restarted the computer (multiple times) to refresh the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors