Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Shared Local Admin Credentials

How can I implement something similar to Microsoft LAPS on mac? I want to achieve: One local admin account per mac - specifically for deskside support Each local admin has a different password Deskside support tech can retrieve password by looking up...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2019 App?

Is a JNUC 2019 app coming out? I see where the App Store has the 2018 version and when you download that and open it, it wants to download and install the 2019 conference information within that app, but the app icon stays the 2018 conference. Even o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Department ID stored in PPD?

I'm trying to automate Department ID configuration for our Canon MFD's deployed. Composer says that changing the department ID modifies the PPD file for that printer, however I can't seem to find where in the PPD file this is being changed. Has anyon...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Backup or redundant Jamf System

My current setup.- JamfAdmin / API connection so webapp access.- JamfConnect connection this is the system all my clients connect to.- JamfDB connection, this is the system running MySQL for the whole environment. I am wanting to run a backup JamfDB ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Computer Naming

What is the best way to name a computer (either from JAMF Attribute or prompt) during Pre-Stage Enrollment? Also I want to put a Directory Bind in which works but I want the names to be unique.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ConnectWise Automate Silent Installation Woes

Does anyone else here use ConnectWise Automate (ie - not the standalone Screenconnect product)? I'm having trouble doing a clean and silent install for both the Remote Agent and the ConnectWiseControl piece. Looking for advice on how to roll forward ...  View more

32e7e289a789468d9dad14a0fcf33679
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Personal Hotspot Settings

Hi, we are working with DEP ios devices (iPads) enterprise owned and we are thinking to deploy 4G devices and would want to eventually enable/disable Personal Hotspot but need:1. To be able to setup the Wifi password as well (using a configuration pr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues installing Coludera Impala

Good morning all, I am a new JAMF admin and I have run in to an issue trying to deploy a policy to install Cloudera Impala ODBC 2.6.4. If you click the PKG it appears to install fine, but when you install it from JAMF Pro it just fails with the log b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 10.15.1 + 10.11 El Capitan Macs?

Hello, We upgraded to JSS 10.14.1 Friday, just before 10.15.1 dropped. We have a few 10.11 clients, so opted for 10.14.1 until we bump off the final El Capitan machines. Can anyone confirm 10.11 clients are working with JSS 10.15.1? I am not looking ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2019 Standard Rate Expiring

Hello Jamf Nation,We are just six weeks away from the 2019 Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC). Thank you to all who have already reserved their spot - the countdown to the world’s largest Apple IT event is ON! If you have not yet registered, you stil...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dedicated Vs Standard JAMF cloud instance

Hi All,I am the Lead Technician for my organisations JAMF instance with 1000 iPads and 500 iMacs soon to be 800 iMacs.I received a email from JAMF saying my instance of JAMF is a dedicated instance and would I like to be migrated to a standard instan...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS JAMF agent signed app

Hi guys, I took part as a listener in a discussion regarding the JAMF agent and the JAMF Server hosted in AWS. The reason for this conversation was to look at ways how to deny all Internet traffic but still allow the communication between the agent t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Jamf wipe without wiping recovery?

I started using the remote wipe as our audit team likes a paper trail for wipes but I noticed that using a remote wipe also wipes the recovery partition which means I need to either do a internet recovery or usb recovery. Both much slower than recove...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.15.1 FAQ

Hi Jamf Nation, We recently became aware of a security vulnerability that impacts versions of Jamf Pro 9.4 and later. To mitigate the issue, we are making Jamf Pro 10.15.1 available today. This vulnerability does not pose a risk to private data or ma...  View more

• 70 replies
  • 3 kudos

Can't get data from API

Hi All, Can anyone help with an API issue? So i run curl -verbose -sku USERNAME:PASSWORD -H "accept: text/xml" https://my.jamfcloud.com:443/##/JSSResource/users -o ~/Desktop/test2.txt but the text file is empty. Even without the text file I get no re...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent macOS upgrade from command line tools

Part of our monthly software update process, we have the mac's check Apple for any software updates. I use a script that I put together and part of that script runs the command: jamf runSoftwareUpdate -fromApple I know we can use Restricted Software ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested group membership not updated until reboot

Hi folks, I was wondering if this is known/expected behaviour... The Mac local Admin group has an AD group added to it (used the following code). dseditgroup -o edit -a "mydomainmygroup" -t group admin I add a new user to the AD group - the user cann...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi certificate and deployment help.

At my location, we have a secure network that requires a certificate installed on our MacBooks in order to access it. The certificate lasts one year, but with the way things are set up currently, a user has to bring their laptop to us in the IT offic...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Too many App notification permissions on Catalina

On Catalina, every app is asking if you would like to allow or deny notifications and it gets annoying especially after you first upgraded to Catalina. My question is, is there a way to whitelist or force allow the notification from a config profile ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 2 kudos

Catalina System Preferences - Disable Apple ID Preference

Hello, Maybe I am not doing the right search but I am looking to Disable "Sign in to your Apple ID" for Catalina on a test computer. I added to the restriction list in the configuration profile but I can still access it. Has anyone else run into this...  View more

0d78462ace2c44c9a1717aabceda27ea
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos

Google Chrome User Data Reset

Does anyone have a script that they use to reset Google Chrome user data? I found something similar for Safari at:https://github.com/palantir/jamf-pro-scripts/blob/master/scripts/Reset%20Safari.sh But couldn't find anything similar for Google Chrome....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding spoolss printers through Terminal

My campus has about 700 printers spread between 20 buildings. In an effort to make the network more secure, printers have been moved to their own 10.x.x.x subnets, but this requires printers to be added via Spoolss on Macs. Given the complexity of th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Use of Proxies?

Currently we are having a lot of issues with users using proxies to browse to sites that are not approved. I am curious as I am still new to managing jamf if there is a way within jamf to disallow the use of proxies? Much like I can do with a GPO? Ju...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Papercut printer drivers

We just started using Papercut for our printers. At this same time, we purchased all new HP printers. I used the Papercut article for mapping the printers to our iMacs https://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/UseJamfProToDeployPrintersOnManagedMacOSDevicesTh...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors