Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Content filter - prevent removal by students for iOS

Hi all - I have read feature requests to block a specific app from being uninstalled, but that appears to be a no go right now. I know we can set all of our apps to not being able to be removed; however, this will present problems in the future with ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina Beta locking up MKB?

Hi, I know it's a beta but I have this odd issue on some of our devices where the MKB on the Mac locks up when the user logs in, and only works again when you plug a USB into the machine. I'm digging into what it could be right now, but has anyone el...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Secure LDAP / Jamf Pro

Has anyone gotten this working to the point where they can authenticate to the JAMF web app?I have this working fine for user/group lookups but not for authentication. All attributes are returned correctly I just cannot use a Google LDAP user to logi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Logind or Launchd plist file and how to run it?

Hi folks, I have an app (NetSupport School) that has a client app that needs to run on each machine it is installed. It came pre-packaged with a logind.plist file that contains all the info needed however I am not sure how to use it to have this clie...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Download Safari 13 installer?

Can't find on Apple Safari 13 installer. Available via Software Update, but I would like to package it in deployment policy. Please share download URL - Thanks! :)  View more

• 70 replies
  • 1 kudos

macOS Mojave sleeping unintentionally

Hello, I'm in the process of building macOS Mojave replacements for our legacy Mac servers. These will act as file share distribution points and have the content caching service installed. Server.app is installed but this probably isn't necessary sin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina Webinar ?

Tried watching the webinar on Friday.. Kept having video and audio lag issues. It was supposed to be emailed to me after the webinar but I never got it. Interested to see if any OS upgrade fixes were announced. IE. making the MDM upgrade command work...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Bomgar SDCUST Unidentified Developer

Hello, Any one here have issues using bomgar and beta catalina..? We are testing uploading with the PPPC Utility Bomgar Configurations Profiles.But once a bomgar session is started, the OS give this message - "sdcust cant be opened because its uniden...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 1 kudos

Finding out who has Apple Watch unlock enabled

Hey Guys,Right now we are trying to get numbers internally on how many users are making use of biometric features. I found an easy EA to script using the bioutil binary command to determine which users are using TouchID, but I am trying to find out h...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password changed? cannot login

Hi, I was wondering if people experience the same issues as some of my users.We use Jamf Cloud and Jamf Connect Verify and Login with AzureAD. When a user changes his/her password from the apple menu User & Groups, after a while JCV prompts because o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom ports for Jamf AD CS connector

Hi, Do you know if its possible to use custom ports with Jamf AD CS Connector? Our company don't use standard port as its security issue for them. ++ Feature request - https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/8914/jamf-ad-cs-connector-custom...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HDMI port on Macbook

Hello, I have looked everywhere also on Apple itself, so I assume that these do not exist, but still ask for certainty.Is there a Macbook version with an HDMI port? I know that through a cable you can eventually use HDMI, but I'm really looking for a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Meetup

Wait a second, October 9 is a Wednesday. It is on Wednesday, isn't it?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management Noob Question

So I have recently started pulling Macs into my JSS after strictly doing mobile devices for the past 5 years. I've been doing a pretty good job of figuring stuff out and navigating hurtles thanks to the JN community!Patch management has been botherin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs Prompting for AD User Change

Hello All, We are running into an issue where any Jamf domain bound Mac is prompting for the user to reset his/her password on login. I have the bind pushing via a configuration profile (it was set up like that when I arrived). This only happens when...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testing Catalina

Greetings all, This is not strictly Jamf related, although likely some parts of the deployment via Jamf may come into play, but I suspect that many of you are in similar situations to ours, where we have to deploy "last year's" macOS to our labs due ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Unable to disable FileVault

Hi guys, I'm getting FileVault was not disabled (-69550). when trying sudo fdesetup disable under the Administrator account which has a Secure Token, and everything matches UUID wise. Any ideas?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Do FEU and FUT still work in 10.13 and 10.14

I'm creating a package for the Mitel client and I'm trying to include the server settings for convenience. They're saved in a plist file at the user level under Preferences. I haven't had to do this in a while so I'm not sure if the old way of FEU an...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Schedule a script to run daily

I'm looking for a way to schedule the execution of a script at a specific time. I have deployed computers in our environment that have the same Deploy Studio image on it (this was Pre-Jamf). On the image, there is a scheduled restart that happens dai...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Home Directory via Script?

Hey All, So, I'd like to re configure the Home folder location to one of our NAS drives, rather than Locally. So, Login to Active DIrectory, get current logged in user : OK. Then, change the home folder path to E.G smb://my network home Then policy k...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create a Report for 32 Bit Apps

I realise I am leaving this a little bit late with Catalina just around the corner, but what I really need is to be able to produce a spreadsheet of what 32 Bit Apps are installed on my Mac fleet, with details of which Mac they are on etc. I am supri...  View more

• 50 replies
  • 5 kudos

PPPC Help

I am trying to run a script to mount student's network homes. It keeps jamming up because of PPPC. "loginwindow" wants access to control "Finder" Allowing control will provide access to the documents and data in "Finder", and to perform actions withi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors