Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Meetup

Wait a second, October 9 is a Wednesday. It is on Wednesday, isn't it?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management Noob Question

So I have recently started pulling Macs into my JSS after strictly doing mobile devices for the past 5 years. I've been doing a pretty good job of figuring stuff out and navigating hurtles thanks to the JN community!Patch management has been botherin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs Prompting for AD User Change

Hello All, We are running into an issue where any Jamf domain bound Mac is prompting for the user to reset his/her password on login. I have the bind pushing via a configuration profile (it was set up like that when I arrived). This only happens when...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testing Catalina

Greetings all, This is not strictly Jamf related, although likely some parts of the deployment via Jamf may come into play, but I suspect that many of you are in similar situations to ours, where we have to deploy "last year's" macOS to our labs due ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Unable to disable FileVault

Hi guys, I'm getting FileVault was not disabled (-69550). when trying sudo fdesetup disable under the Administrator account which has a Secure Token, and everything matches UUID wise. Any ideas?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Do FEU and FUT still work in 10.13 and 10.14

I'm creating a package for the Mitel client and I'm trying to include the server settings for convenience. They're saved in a plist file at the user level under Preferences. I haven't had to do this in a while so I'm not sure if the old way of FEU an...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Schedule a script to run daily

I'm looking for a way to schedule the execution of a script at a specific time. I have deployed computers in our environment that have the same Deploy Studio image on it (this was Pre-Jamf). On the image, there is a scheduled restart that happens dai...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Home Directory via Script?

Hey All, So, I'd like to re configure the Home folder location to one of our NAS drives, rather than Locally. So, Login to Active DIrectory, get current logged in user : OK. Then, change the home folder path to E.G smb://my network home Then policy k...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create a Report for 32 Bit Apps

I realise I am leaving this a little bit late with Catalina just around the corner, but what I really need is to be able to produce a spreadsheet of what 32 Bit Apps are installed on my Mac fleet, with details of which Mac they are on etc. I am supri...  View more

• 50 replies
  • 5 kudos

PPPC Help

I am trying to run a script to mount student's network homes. It keeps jamming up because of PPPC. "loginwindow" wants access to control "Finder" Allowing control will provide access to the documents and data in "Finder", and to perform actions withi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using hash in account creation scripts

I'm wondering, is it possible to use hashes, preferably SHA-512, instead of plain text with the "sysadminctl" command . I really dislike the thought of a script containing my admin account password in plain text. I'm also creating a new admin account...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect 1.8.0 General Availability

Product EnhancementsJamf Connect Configuration 1.1.0: MFA Testing for OktaYou can now use the Okta Test window to test multi-factor authentication (MFA), if enabled in the Okta dashboard. When enabled, the Okta Test window will prompt you to select f...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

ASM upload

A few years back, we played around with Managed Apple IDs in ASM but never really did anything productive with them. Now we want to start assigning some eBooks so I need to import students into ASM to create the Managed Apple IDs and then sync it wit...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create new user home directory with custom permissions?

I am looking for a way to have every new user home directory created to automatically have a different set of permissions than Apple creates. I have not had luck changing the permission on the User Template but I could be missing something.Anyone doi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling SecureToken on management account ?

Hey guys, i'm completely new to Jamf and still trying to find my feet there, I have configured PreStage enrollment and it works fine but I want to enable SecreToken on the management account. During the setup assistant user creates an "admin" local u...  View more

2fdc6bbf565346a1b507f17af892fea1
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Hackathon 2019

Update: It has been decided that we will not be organizing a Hackathon for this year's JNUC. For those coming, we'll see you in November! Good morning, Nation! The Hackathon will return once again this year. In 2017 we challenged community members to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Corretto vs Java

I'm looking to migrate to 10.15 and will need to update to Java 11 or move to Corretto. If I can avoid having to pay for a Java license, I'd like to. Anybody running Corretto 11? If so how has your experience been? Positives/Negatives?  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad bricked?

Hi, I've created a Prestage Enrollment for mobile devices and everything seemed ok but now i am stuck. During enrollment it asked to connect to a wifi network and, after giving in the credentials and accepting our certificate, it was connected. It ac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Patch Management Titles

I have multiple applications used in our environment that are not in Patch Management that it would be so nice to be able to use. Is there a way to add "custom" titles to Patch Management?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors